Hate Jimbo - But He Earned My Respect Last Night

Also have to tip my hat to Mike Norvell. Our in-state rival was able to do what we couldn't- go on the road and beat a more talented SEC team.

According to 247, the talent difference between UM and aTm is 9 spots (aTm 4, UM 13). The talent difference between LSU and FSU is 9 spots (LSU 8, FSU 17). A couple weeks ago FSU went to New Orleans and knocked off LSU. We can clown Norvell all we want, but FSU was 4 pt dog and pulled the upset. Credit where it's due.

Advertisement
Unlike UM, Jimbo pulled his starting QB - to win.

And he won.

At least that SOB has a pair of balls.
Jimbo is a pile of sh&t. He is under an insane amount of pressure. He should have had Johnson starting all along. What he did wasn’t balls it was self preservation. He’s lucky because it worked. This time. He should take the next flight to New Orleans and felate Jameis Winston right there on bourbon street. He earned him about 50 mil.

Problem is Johnson out performed 1st round TVD.................................. If King was in there he would have ran for 80 yards easily.

Unlike UM, Jimbo pulled his starting QB - to win.

And he won.

At least that SOB has a pair of balls.
So you respect Jimbo even the he didn't swap his QB mid-game like you wanted our staff to do.

Listen, it's easy to 2nd guess when you know the decision made didn't work. Then you can say putting in Garcia couldn't have been worse. But, although i respect you and your point, that's faulty logic.

If Garcia went in and didn't make the WRs get more separation or catch better, it could have been a worse score AND you'd have your star QB a bit more gun shy. Worse everyone here would be able to think the coaches panicked---- and TVD could have led the comeback.

The Dolphin game, Tua threw the 2nd pick and we're down 28-7... using your logic, we would have benched him. Tua DID lead the comeback and co-set an all time Dolphin record.

Again, I respect you as a poster, but you can't retrade the coin flip based on it landing on heads.

coin toss GIF by HBO India

Advertisement
Yes, he IS a prick - but that PRICK just waxed our asses last night -

We played scared.

That was obvious. It was too big of a moment for us.
Not enough discussion on this imo.

At no point did i ever sense or feel that we were challenging them or that we were really a threat to WIN this game.

How many times did we throw into the end zone?

And going for a FG down 17-3?

I was initially thinking that a big part of the issue is TVD, but I think it's a combination of him not having reliable targets, not just catching, but running the correct routes, and not scheming the offense to take advantage of what he does best. It reminds me of what Alabama looked like once the two top WRs went down. Their offense was not the same. Gattis needs to look at what he did last year and start using what was working from that offense. The running game/OL are much better, missing probably the two best RBs. The defense is much better. If they played that game last year, they don't look like that. The game sucked and it was a game where Miami was the better team. Moral victories are still losses, but they can build off this. This game will help when they play Clemson. The rest of the season depends on whether Gattis can adjust the offense and get TVD and the WRs in sync with each other.

If you recall, Spurrier the QB guru used to do this all the time, sometimes during the course of a game too. If your QB1 is such a pansy that getting pulled for a series or two shatters his confidence, then you probably don't want him to begin with.

Jimbo didn’t pull his QB mid game and no one was calling to pull TVD pre game. This thread is garbage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really? The guy has arguably the best recruiting classes over the last few years and yet there he was, stumbling his way out of losing to App State-- the Giant Killer 🤣.

He's not a hero, he is a relic, a warning to guys like Mario that you can't recruit your way out of deficiencies anymore. That only covers one aspect of winning.

If you recall, Spurrier the QB guru used to do this all the time, sometimes during the course of a game too. If your QB1 is such a pansy that getting pulled for a series or two shatters his confidence, then you probably don't want him to begin with.
No....Spurrier purposely used a 2 QB system regardless.

Advertisement
TVD has looked inaccurate asf that’s facts
the bigger question is what can Gattis and the WR group do to support him. He's not an inaccurate QB. He's over compensating sometimes for the lack of WR he can trust to run the right routes and actually catch the ball.

Roman on OBB podcast is a good listen with regard to this week's game and TVD....

We have a QB coach whose name i've not seen mentioned

Anyway we got two or so weeks to try to put together a semblance of a passing game before UNC

Advertisement
Back