Hate Jimbo - But He Earned My Respect Last Night

the bigger question is what can Gattis and the WR group do to support him. He's not an inaccurate QB. He's over compensating sometimes for the lack of WR he can trust to run the right routes and actually catch the ball.

Roman on OBB podcast is a good listen with regard to this week's game and TVD....
This loss doesn’t even worry me tbh, people lose their **** when we got incredible players coming up next class. Like with Diaz there was no hope at all.

Advertisement
Yes, he IS a prick - but that PRICK just waxed our asses last night -

We played scared.

That was obvious. It was too big of a moment for us.
Waxed our ***!!! LOL we gave the game away! We out gained them in every stat that matters , this is one of those games where everything went against us and it went for them. That simple, did DVD have his best, no, but the receivers didn’t help him either , the muffed punt didn’t help either. so to sit here and act like Jimbo school us is stupid

Unlike UM, Jimbo pulled his starting QB - to win.

And he won.

At least that SOB has a pair of balls.
Bro! C'mon. You have be around long enough. This is a terrible take. Jimbo was given unlimited resources 4 years ago and has a team of 5 stars everywhere with his system firmly in place. It took a muffed punt, 2 missed FG's, invisible WR group, poor QB play (our supposed biggest advantage on paper), some poorly timed play calls by our OC, for him to squeak by with a 1 score victory.....in his backyard with 105K fans cheering for him. His QB switch was not some savvy coach move and certainly not the difference in the score.

If Im Jimbo, Id be walking away from that game ****ed, not hanging my balls out my window for everyone to see.

Also have to tip my hat to Mike Norvell. Our in-state rival was able to do what we couldn't- go on the road and beat a more talented SEC team.

According to 247, the talent difference between UM and aTm is 9 spots (aTm 4, UM 13). The talent difference between LSU and FSU is 9 spots (LSU 8, FSU 17). A couple weeks ago FSU went to New Orleans and knocked off LSU. We can clown Norvell all we want, but FSU was 4 pt dog and pulled the upset. Credit where it's due.
But you literally don’t bro.

Nothing bad will happen if you decide to not tip your hat to Mike Norvell, I promise

Advertisement
There's alot of cucks on this site with small ****s who love to bow down to another coaches johnson.

And there's a lot of folks who have no damned clue as to why I stirred this pot - and who I stirred it for. It's so simple to not only pull them out - but to have them jump in!

Any criticism overloads their limited sensory pool - and resort to insults and time-worn replies of anger - as they're one, big, soft-assed generation - with 2GB of excuses at the ready for every loss or failure.

"We're overpowered." "They're deeper." "Their team has more 5-stars." "Their Coach has been in place longer." "They're huge." "We beat them in almost every category." "It will take (fill in the blank) years to catch up." "We don't want to bust up his future paycheck." "You suck!" "WTF is this?" "This is an SEC Team!" "We can still win the Coastal!"

My point was this: Rather than try the same siht - over and over - you discard/change what's NOT working - and try something else.

WHY? Because you're LOSING - with what you're DOING. DO something different! You don't accept a slow death! DO something!

Autopilot is fine in good weather. But Autopilot while your engine is on fire . . . and you're dropping into the face of a mountain . . . DO SOMETHING ELSE!

Some suggest we'd crush our QB's psyche - and if Jake didn't succeed - we'd be even worse off.

We were LOSING. We LOST.

It takes a special kind of candyass to suggest we WON in the process of our LOSS. Do what?

I hate Jimbo. But Jimbo made a potentially harmful decision - as many here would suggest would doom us if we made the same decision - and he won. Not due to great coaching - not due to his brilliance - but because he put winning FIRST. ******* that he is.

We need a bit more *******-ishness. And lighten up a bit like JJ would do on gameday!

Or, we can burden our QB with long, slow developing routes, and the suggestion that HE must carry the team on HIS shoulders. That burden put on this young man by so many - even here - put too MUCH strain on him.

So, downvote me, flip me off - whatever. I've had scores and scores - even hundreds at a time trying to literally take me out.

I'm still here. Many of them - aren't.

And there's a lot of folks who have no damned clue as to why I stirred this pot - and who I stirred it for. It's so simple to not only pull them out - but to have them jump in!

Any criticism overloads their limited sensory pool - and resort to insults and time-worn replies of anger - as they're one, big, soft-assed generation - with 2GB of excuses at the ready for every loss or failure.

"We're overpowered." "They're deeper." "Their team has more 5-stars." "Their Coach has been in place longer." "They're huge." "We beat them in almost every category." "It will take (fill in the blank) years to catch up." "We don't want to bust up his future paycheck." "You suck!" "WTF is this?" "This is an SEC Team!" "We can still win the Coastal!"

My point was this: Rather than try the same siht - over and over - you discard/change what's NOT working - and try something else.

WHY? Because you're LOSING - with what you're DOING. DO something different! You don't accept a slow death! DO something!

Autopilot is fine in good weather. But Autopilot while your engine is on fire . . . and you're dropping into the face of a mountain . . . DO SOMETHING ELSE!

Some suggest we'd crush our QB's psyche - and if Jake didn't succeed - we'd be even worse off.

We were LOSING. We LOST.

It takes a special kind of candyass to suggest we WON in the process of our LOSS. Do what?

I hate Jimbo. But Jimbo made a potentially harmful decision - as many here would suggest would doom us if we made the same decision - and he won. Not due to great coaching - not due to his brilliance - but because he put winning FIRST. ******* that he is.

We need a bit more *******-ishness. And lighten up a bit like JJ would do on gameday!

Or, we can burden our QB with long, slow developing routes, and the suggestion that HE must carry the team on HIS shoulders. That burden put on this young man by so many - even here - put too MUCH strain on him.

So, downvote me, flip me off - whatever. I've had scores and scores - even hundreds at a time trying to literally take me out.

I'm still here. Many of them - aren't.
This post makes more sense. I get where you are coming from, the excuses are like azzholes...

To your point of how long until you make a change , that's the question know body knows. How long Gattis sticks with TVD, how long Mario sticks with Gattis, how long UM sticks with Mario? Idk, you fix the things you know are broken and evaluate the result and respond accordingly.

Jimbo has been at atm for 5 years, to expect Mario to react the same after 3 games makes no sense. There is a process that has to play out and it takes time. And I too want a coach who places winning first, period.

Gattis' record at michigan is troubling, so is Mario's conservative offensive philosophy, but lets see if we can add some studs at wr and see if the offense clicks and just go from there. And you better pray that it works because the chances UM would fire Mario any time soon ain't happening.

You're an OG and a great Cane, who wants to win, that's all that matters.

Advertisement
Back