Hate Jimbo - But He Earned My Respect Last Night

Advertisement
That is an easy decision. king sucked last year and be sucked this year. TVD has good QB skills.

After three games, DVD looking flat, preoccupied, slow as grandma's great-aunt at making a decision, throwing down in the dirt, holding the ball too long, checking his RB first - it was an easy decision for UM, too.

If we didn't HAVE a good QB sitting on the pine - that would be one thing.

I've seen scores and scores of QB's just not hitting on all cylinders - and when the backup came in - he lit things up - altered the player's attitude, and it wasn't a reflection on your starter - it's just that QB's sometimes get a bit constipated.

Which pukes out the whole team.

TVD has been carrying a lot of pressure - "Our success will rely on TVD," or "TVD will be gone after this season - First Rounder!!!"

Well, that ship has sailed - so maybe he can relax, maybe sit out a few quarters - re-orient himself - and get over all the BS hype so he can get back to business.

It's a crime to have good backup, and yet let DVD suffer out there. A damned shame.

Advertisement
TVD’s struggling but he also needs wr’s to get open and make plays. There were some bad throws for sure but there were also plays to made of guys could get separation or make contested catches.

GTFOH - Like Johnson was the game changer. LOL 10 for 20 for 140 yards and 23 yards on the ground? QBR 46.7

I didn't SAY the FSU QB won - I said the changeup demonstrated Jimbo was willing to take a significant step to enhance their chances of winning.

And he DID.

When your first of two really good QB's is struggling - have enough damned sense to put in the #2 - especially when there is ZERO DOWNSIDE!

Advertisement
TVD’s struggling but he also needs wr’s to get open and make plays. There were some bad throws for sure but there were also plays to made of guys could get separation or make contested catches.

That's the other side.

Sometimes a changeup bites receivers in the *** - and suddenly it's a new game.

Maybe - #2 QB throws a bit "different" - velocity - lead - altitude - arc - whatever. Suddenly everyone's catching everything.

I've seen it too many times.

I didn't SAY the FSU QB won - I said the changeup demonstrated Jimbo was willing to take a significant step to enhance their chances of winning.

And he DID.

When your first of two really good QB's is struggling - have enough damned sense to put in the #2 - especially when there is ZERO DOWNSIDE!
I want to see what Jake’s got and think he can perform better tbh but there is obviously a downside that you ruin the confidence of your QB.

Recruiting is about perception too. If TVD blows it and Garcia does too then coaches are going to negative recruit Mario as a guy who screwed Herbert out of millions and just did the same with TVD who got (imo too much) off-season hype.

Definitely downsides but you still need to do what gives you the best chance of winning and I think we got to give Jake a shot if Tyler continues to struggle

That's the other side.

Sometimes a changeup bites receivers in the *** - and suddenly it's a new game.

Maybe - #2 QB throws a bit "different" - velocity - lead - altitude - arc - whatever. Suddenly everyone's catching everything.

I've seen it too many times.
I hear what you’re saying but we have a kid that has legit potential, got work through a tough stretch. He needs to be working extra with the wideouts to get timing down.

Not to say I don’t like Garcia, I do, but this is TVD’s team imo. And if we wanted to run a qb we should bring Jaccuri in for the read option.

Advertisement
Yes, he IS a prick - but that PRICK just waxed our asses last night -

We played scared.

That was obvious. It was too big of a moment for us.
Our defense didn’t play scared but yeah I agree we need more confidence and composure from our QB in moments like last night

Advertisement
I want to see what Jake’s got and think he can perform better tbh but there is obviously a downside that you ruin the confidence of your QB.

Recruiting is about perception too. If TVD blows it and Garcia does too then coaches are going to negative recruit Mario as a guy who screwed Herbert out of millions and just did the same with TVD who got (imo too much) off-season hype.

Definitely downsides but you still need to do what gives you the best chance of winning and I think we got to give Jake a shot if Tyler continues to struggle

Then you talk to DVD, tell him he needs a break - and you want him to look good, so come up limping - anything - so I don't have to pull your *** and let Jake stir the pot a bit.

The job is yours - but tonight isn't.

I hear what you’re saying but we have a kid that has legit potential, got work through a tough stretch. He needs to be working extra with the wideouts to get timing down.

Not to say I don’t like Garcia, I do, but this is TVD’s team imo. And if we wanted to run a qb we should bring Jaccuri in for the read option.
I partly agree but at a certain point you lose the team if you’re not performing. He hasn’t played like the leader the team needs this year. If he can’t do it and Jake can then it becomes Jake’s team.

UMFarArcher the Conqueror

The team I played on at the time had a documented win/loss ratio of 150:1. It continues to this day. Same win/loss ratio.

There's two kinds of people.

Task oriented.

People oriented.

Task folks will say, "The best plays." And mean it.

People Oriented - Nice losers. But really nice.

Advertisement
Back