Haskins Gone

Cant miss what you never had.... i'm sure he'll turn it around somewhere but it's the TE position, very easy to replace and he was 9/10 going to get beat out by the freshmen coming in anyway

I remember posting the kid should be a DE. LIke I said just watch his highlight tape he plays a ton of positions but h'e slsow as ****. White boys were running him down. you would also think a guy his size would dominate that lower level comp - he didn't.

Advertisement
Irving will need to setup up now that Haskings is gone.

Here's hoping this legacy makes the best of it.

This.

No matter who the QB is, we aren't in a position to be going 5 wide. The TE will be a necessary security blanket for the QB.

We need Herndon to stay healthy AND Irvin to step up. If that happens, I think we are ok for next year with Irvin and the 2 incoming guys.

Don't need any juco garbage. Leave it how it is. Irvin, Poledny, Mallory, & Jordan are more then enough in 2018.

Shockey wasn't so bad, and Olsen transferred from ND. All depends on what's available, but I'm sure Richt's going to look at transfer options.

Herndon's gonna be playing Lebron minutes. He needs to be non contact during Fall Camp

Advertisement
That sucks......i'd hate for us to have to recruit a 3rd TE this cycle. We need a transfer or a Juco to fill the gap. IDC what anyone says if evidence ever grows into a te he's still 2-3 years from that. Kid is a string bean.

Evidence doesn't have the frame to put on weight to be a TE.

LOL OK

THis is gonna play out similar to all the weight experts saying Bethel wouldn't be a DT.

At the very least, Evidence will end up playing in a hybrid capacity. David is a TE, but he spent most of his time flexed out. Evidence will probably be similar
Kid is 17? 18? Ya he has stopped growing.

Smfh

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That sucks......i'd hate for us to have to recruit a 3rd TE this cycle. We need a transfer or a Juco to fill the gap. IDC what anyone says if evidence ever grows into a te he's still 2-3 years from that. Kid is a string bean.

LOL OK

THis is gonna play out similar to all the weight experts saying Bethel wouldn't be a DT.

At the very least, Evidence will end up playing in a hybrid capacity. David is a TE, but he spent most of his time flexed out. Evidence will probably be similar

These same " experts " say this 10 guys a class or year. They get one and now it's a thing lol.

I love the outlier debate.

Very confusing phrasing by you. The "weight experts" referenced are the ones thinking Bethel wouldn't move to DT because of his frame. So in such a scenario, how did they "get one".

Trying to see how what I stated was an outlier argument**

Just looked down the roster and the only other players I can pinpoint that there have been reasonable position debates on based on frame and ability to put on weight are Amari Carter (he will remain at Safety IMO), Derrick Smith (I think he stays at safety, but he does have a frame to potentially be a hybrid).

So please elaborate.

I believe Njoku's situation is one that is legitimately up for debate. The only dumb thing in this thread is to act like someone is dumb for suggesting that a 6'6 215 pound 18 y/o might be utilized as a TE when his brother (with a slightly stouter build) just came through on a similar trajectory and his primary recruiter was Todd Hartley (you should peep who his signees have been: Miami Hurricanes Football Coaching Profile: Todd Hartley - State of The U).

It seems pretty apparent to me that it's not a foregone conclusion either way.

Last edited:
So...if you're listed at tight end but only play split out or in the slot, does it even matter if you're listed as a TE?

Advertisement

LOL OK

These same " experts " say this 10 guys a class or year. They get one and now it's a thing lol.

Very confusing phrasing by you. The "weight experts" referenced are the ones thinking Bethel wouldn't move to DT because of his frame. So in such a scenario, how did they "get one".

Just looked down the roster and the only other players I can pinpoint that there have been reasonable position debates on based on frame and ability to put on weight are Amari Carter (he will remain at Safety IMO), Derrick Smith (I think he stays at safety, but he does have a frame to potentially be a hybrid).

So please elaborate.

I believe Njoku's situation is one that is legitimately up for debate. The only dumb thing in this thread is to act like someone is dumb for suggesting that a 6'6 210 pound prospect might move to TE when his brother (with a slightly stouter build) just came through on a similar trajectory and his primary recruiter was Todd Hartley (you should peep who his signees have been: Miami Hurricanes Football Coaching Profile: Todd Hartley - State of The U).

I think we can all agree that based on his frame today that he won't sniff a rep at TE for at LEAST 2 years. Which is not the same trajectory as a 1st round TE pick in his 3rd year of college.

Advertisement
So...if you're listed at tight end but only play split out or in the slot, does it even matter if you're listed as a TE?

Only when you're threatened with a franchise tag that cost you WR $$. Ala Jimmy Graham.

So please elaborate.

I believe Njoku's situation is one that is legitimately up for debate. The only dumb thing in this thread is to act like someone is dumb for suggesting that a 6'6 210 pound prospect might move to TE when his brother (with a slightly stouter build) just came through on a similar trajectory and his primary recruiter was Todd Hartley (you should peep who his signees have been: Miami Hurricanes Football Coaching Profile: Todd Hartley - State of The U).

I think we can all agree that based on his frame today that he won't sniff a rep at TE for at LEAST 2 years. Which is not the same trajectory as a 1st round TE pick in his 3rd year of college.

I definitely agree that he won't be a TE for this coming season. Is the debate that he won't take the same exact trajectory as his brother or that he'll never be utilized in a TE capacity?

Get Langham cases of muscle milk. He's already pushing 240, kid looks huge.
I know everyone loves to play musical chairs with positions, but I actually think this would be a good idea.

Langham is a big 6'4 WR that looks over 230+ & is physically built to be a Receiving TE. Idk if he can block though lol.

But according to the Coaches, he made improvements in the Spring & he looked pretty good in the Spring scrimmage, so for purely depth purposes I wouldn't mind seeing him get moved to that spot.

I don't think he's ever gonna see a snap in game at WR except late 4th quarter vs Bethune, so why not give him a shot at TE.

Unless the staff thinks Malik Curry is good enough to be the 3rd TE

Last edited:
Advertisement
what would you do if you saw a two headed monster coming to eat your lunch next year

joisy!!!!

Last edited:
While it's a loss for depth purposes, it won't be that detrimental to the offense. However I think miami will use a lot less of the 2 tight end sets in our base offense and just run with 3 receivers, 1 tight end primarily.

Advertisement
Back