Haskins Gone

Advertisement
Irvin is overweight and has shown no discipline with his eating or ability to stay in shape. He's basically the fat Standish Dobard from 2015.

We NEEDED Haskins ---He was the best player on the scout team last year, and we are woefully thin at TE. If Herndon goes down we are in a world of hurt, and Richt will revert to the bad Richt and run verticals and go routes all game, like he did many times last year. Haskins was a dominant force on the scout team, and he would've grown this year on the field. You guys have lost your minds if you don't think this is a tremendous loss. **** near every player and former players speak highly of his talent and potential.

Richt wants a team full of choir boys. That doesn't work in big time college football, and you can't win titles that way. If he had a history of winning big games or national title under his belt, I'd shut my mouth, but this man has a history of suspending or kicking off talented player and losing big games that matter. He's also shown his play calling is stale and without imagination. We all saw this last year.

The guy failed a few drug tests and missed a class or two. GTFOH to be kicked off for that! Half of Bama's team failed multiple drug test. Haskins is a young guy and that behavior can be corrected.

Richt needs and apprenticeship with Jimmy Johnson to show him how to discipline guys and correct behavior. This bible thumping, clean cut, can't have a beer or else crap, must stop.

So you blaming CMR for a kids behavior and attitude within the program...this guy has not played one single down for the U and you hot ****ed bc of what you think he may have done. He was well aware of the expectations of each player and he blew it. You getting all caught up and probably dont even go to games. CMR got this program moving in the right direction. You either wit it or get the **** on and join bama. You act like you there daily with the team and got some insight. You just screaming out bs with no substance. Sit yo *** down and let roll on. Its always 1 or 2 mfers that jump on social media and start running off at the mouth to get attention. Chill out bruh, it aint that serious.

I have not read through all the posts so take it easy. My question is does this situation affect recruiting at all? It obviously looks better to Jordan and Mallory, but how will it be perceived by recruits we are after or have committed? The parents will respect it I am sure, but any chance this turns off the more edgier recruits that think CMR may be too strict? We all stand by CMR and we don't know all the information of what happened and how many chances Haskins received, but in the eyes of 17 and 18 year olds.......? Afterall perception is reality. It is my hope that this is an addition by subtraction situation even if we don't see the results until next year. A young man can have all the talent in the world and be given a free high level education, an opportunity to play for one of the most prestigous football programs in America, and just about punch a ticket for an opportunity in the league, but if he doesn't follow the rules you have no other option.

Last edited:
If it "turns off" a recruit because they want to go to place where they can get away with "edgier" crap, then them not coming here saves us the trouble of kicking them to the curb in two years for stupid stuff (e.g. getting free access to cars for future considerations).

Thank you for understanding football adjustments! I would like to add, CMR can use Cager at TE on certain formations. If we look at how we used Njoku last year, he was split in the slot. DJ Johnson must stay at DE and could stand up at OLB. Please, leave the defense alone, because we are 3 deep on the front 7 and 2 deep in the secondary. Manny Diaz will bring violence, speed, and destruction from his depth. We can win with a dominating defense and average offense. The key is field position, and the reason that I am only concern about the QB, OL, and Punter!

Advertisement
If he were what some are making him out to be, then Richt wouldn't have kicked him off the team, and we would've seen him play in mop up duty at TE or special teams.

LOL pure ignorance!!!Did you not see the players Richt kicked off at Georgia

I dont know if Haskins was going to be good or not I just know he had the size. Props to Franchise for calling this

I havent seen Irvin since he was t St. Thomas... but ive seen him up close and personal(nohomo Franchise).. He was not 6'3 more like 6'1 he was out of shape, you can tell he didnt really hit the weight room, and he wanted to play WR... Here's to hoping that was all baby fat and that he had a total change of attitude....but I wouldnt put 10 internet dollars betting on that. So I'll just wait for Greentreee to annoint this Malik Curry dude as the next Jimmy Graham
LOL! Pure ****eating at its finest. No, I don't follow UGA and I didn't follow Richt while he was there either. My point was clear and I'm not into rebutting poor attempts to repurpose it into something worthy of ridicule. Dudes are reaching for a blog fight because they can't provoke from pansy and proverbial whooping dolls like yourself. U slurp the same people who constantly insult and question your fanhood, but try to target me in hopes of fitting in. Per usual your attempt is ignored and futile. Sad.

Rick wouldn't kick a productive or potentially productive player off the team? Go check his record at UGA.

UM is not UGA. Too different situations re: lengths of employment, depth charts, recruiting competition etc.. My point is that Richt does things only when and if they make sense. He has a plan to replace Haskings, is all.

It's just different? That's why?

So we just gonna act like I didn't explain why? How is it the same?

How is it the same? Oh, let me think for a bit...Maybe it's the same because Rick is the same guy doing the same thing here that he did at UGA. He's kicking guys out just like he did there. Just because he hasn't kicked out any stars yet doesn't mean he won't.

Of course UM Richt is the same coach formerly of UGA. But the dynamics and nuances associated with dismissing a player are different and case specific between individual players let alone between different coaching tenures.

All the faqqits who **** on me for saying he'd be gone before ever playing a snap here can now officially eat my ******** after a workout.

Pics? GOAT style?
giphy.gif

I wonder if there's anybody on the dl they'll move since we're so desperate. Like a Dye or Perry situation , they'll never play there.

I'm sure the staff is looking for bodies somewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wonder if there's anybody on the dl they'll move since we're so desperate. Like a Dye or Perry situation , they'll never play there.

You fellas are getting too worked up over the TE situation. TE is not all that essential to run a great offense. Sure, it helps to have a good TE, and we have 2. But, unlike RB or WR, where you need studs, you can run a great offense with no TE.

You fellas are getting too worked up over the TE situation. TE is not all that essential to run a great offense. Sure, it helps to have a good TE, and we have 2. But, unlike RB or WR, where you need studs, you can run a great offense with no TE.

Yea, do we really NEED 2 TEs who can catch/run? I can't think of any other team that does. If we desperately need that extra blocker, then just bring in an extra OL I guess.

But, I'd still rather see 3 WRs, 1 TE, and 1 RB early and often

Yea, do we really NEED 2 TEs who can catch/run? I can't think of any other team that does. If we desperately need that extra blocker, then just bring in an extra OL I guess.

We've got so many weapons at WR that this could be a blessing in disguise forcing Rick to get more WRs on the field.

And if you want to pound the run use an extra OL like we used to.

We've got so many weapons at WR that this could be a blessing in disguise forcing Rick to get more WRs on the field.

The difference is that a TE gives your more flexibility out of the same look - which I'm a fan of, as opposed to just having more looks. The latter allows the D to adjust their personnel to compensate. I want the LBs wondering if they have to turn and run with a 4.6 guy. That's why a Langham move is intriguing (if he can block).

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if D.J Johnson got some snaps at Tight End this year, just to get him on the field.

This is really getting annoying. Why is everyone so sold on needing to find a place for DJ Johnson to play? The kid is an ELITE DE. He will play. I know our D-Line is loaded but DJ will get playing time at his natural position. Lets not keep acting like this kid is some bum who has no chance of working himself into the rotation. Also injuries are a thing in football. We hope there are none but thats rarely ever the case and this kid can play. He provides us with the kind of depth that makes great teams great... One man goes down and the next man is just as good.

If he were what some are making him out to be, then Richt wouldn't have kicked him off the team, and we would've seen him play in mop up duty at TE or special teams.

I dont know if Haskins was going to be good or not I just know he had the size. Props to Franchise for calling this

I havent seen Irvin since he was t St. Thomas... but ive seen him up close and personal(nohomo Franchise).. He was not 6'3 more like 6'1 he was out of shape, you can tell he didnt really hit the weight room, and he wanted to play WR... Here's to hoping that was all baby fat and that he had a total change of attitude....but I wouldnt put 10 internet dollars betting on that. So I'll just wait for Greentreee to annoint this Malik Curry dude as the next Jimmy Graham

Irving is currently built like a chick in a Sir Mix A Lot video.

UM is not UGA. Too different situations re: lengths of employment, depth charts, recruiting competition etc.. My point is that Richt does things only when and if they make sense. He has a plan to replace Haskings, is all.

It's just different? That's why?

So we just gonna act like I didn't explain why? How is it the same?

How is it the same? Oh, let me think for a bit...Maybe it's the same because Rick is the same guy doing the same thing here that he did at UGA. He's kicking guys out just like he did there. Just because he hasn't kicked out any stars yet doesn't mean he won't.

Of course UM Richt is the same coach formerly of UGA. But the dynamics and nuances associated with dismissing a player are different and case specific between individual players let alone between different coaching tenures.

So you're just guessing he's changed his approach to player discipline? You admitted a post above this that you didn't follow him at UGA.

Advertisement

The difference is that a TE gives your more flexibility out of the same look - which I'm a fan of, as opposed to just having more looks. The latter allows the D to adjust their personnel to compensate. I want the LBs wondering if they have to turn and run with a 4.6 guy. That's why a Langham move is intriguing (if he can block).

Why is taking a ****** WR (Langham) and putting him on the field at TE a better option than just playing a better WR at WR? You guys are too caught up in the TE and FB world.

Get your best players on the field and get them the ball. Langham isn't one of those guys no matter where you put him. The big knock on him last year was that he didn't even play big as a big WR, so why is he now going to play big at a much more physical position?

This.

Herndon is a beast in waiting. We have plenty of firepower to negate a TE depth loss.

Possibly hurts the future years but who knows? Haskins coulda been horrible despite the hype.

Even based on what we saw just last year from Richt's use of Njoku, I think we'll see a lot more of the "Flex TE" position going forward - i.e. a guy you can move around to create mismatches. Look for the FB and traditional in-line TE position to become much more situational and less part of our base offense.

I think the loss of Haskins is certainly a blow to depth, but I also think the TE position as we knew it is becoming a thing of the past so it's hard to say for certain how much the loss will be felt.

LOL! Pure ****eating at its finest. No, I don't follow UGA and I didn't follow Richt while he was there either. My point was clear and I'm not into rebutting poor attempts to repurpose it into something worthy of ridicule. Dudes are reaching for a blog fight because they can't provoke from pansy and proverbial whooping dolls like yourself. U slurp the same people who constantly insult and question your fanhood, but try to target me in hopes of fitting in. Per usual your attempt is ignored and futile. Sad.

Cant lie i laughed at the ****eating... Bro its a message board dont take it so serious...I'm here for entertainment and occasional info.. I could careless what people say on this board..But since you didnt follow Richt..Georgia fans biggest gripe with RIcht is all the top talent he kicked off of Georgia, multiple 4 and 5 stars gone its part of the reason they sucked his last year there.... So far we got Bruce, Haskins, & jenkins kicked off all who would have gotten PT this year...it is something to be concerned about mane..Just take your L and move along...nobody is right all the time..and yes I will still slurp you up if you make a statement that I agree with

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back