Haselwood Told Us

People don’t understand the difference between going into a winning program where the fact that nobody on that team knows what it’s like to lose more than 2 games in a season, makes you compete like a winner that never wants to lose.... versus going into a program where you may lose to Duke or GaTech every year and have walk ons playing next to you.

Players don’t just wake up with a loser mentality... Duke Johnson came out of high school a champion ready to turn the Miami program around. By the time his junior year started he was thinking NFL like the other “leaders” on that team at the time.

sadly, this is the best post of your time on this forum.

winners don't like losing.. not 1 game, 2 games? it's time for **** to hit the fan.. 3 games? normal people better stay the fck away from them ( football players obviously in this example )

Advertisement
I really don’t know the answer. I knew when Richt retired that day it would be a lazy Manny hire.
After Manny took over I fell into the trap of his gimmicks. He canned everyone on O. He landed some legit transfers and crashed FSU’s camp.
Now that we are 7 games in, I can’t believe the team has failed on so many little things. We are truly a fg kicker and a muffed punt away from being 6-1 even with the other blunders of blown coverage, penalties galore and **** poor play calling on O and D.
This isn’t a talent thing other than the fg kickers. It coaching and I want to believe it’s a switch that will flip but it keeps happening. If it’s not 1 thing it’s another.
Can Diaz turn the corner or is he finished?
I still don’t get the feeling the players have quit like under Shannon and Golden.

In response to your questions.

1. Boy Manny AIN'T going to turn it around! Nevertheless it's up to the players to turn it around this season under the cloudy chilly South Florida sun.

2. U, also, will find out this Saturn at High Noon, if the Hurricane players have turned the page and are looking forward to the season ending.

In other words, there's still A LOT to be playing for even if means playing in some OBSCURE fourth-rate bowl game. And Hurricane fan would want to believe the SENIORS would like to finish their careers on a winning high note, say in the key of E#. hUh

Last edited:
People don’t understand the difference between going into a winning program where the fact that nobody on that team knows what it’s like to lose more than 2 games in a season, makes you compete like a winner that never wants to lose.... versus going into a program where you may lose to Duke or GaTech every year and have walk ons playing next to you.

Players don’t just wake up with a loser mentality... Duke Johnson came out of high school a champion ready to turn the Miami program around. By the time his junior year started he was thinking NFL like the other “leaders” on that team at the time.

Right on, Midnite toker. Right on!

OTH Podcast a few weeks ago references the opinion of an NFL contact saying he saw no difference between the level of our players and those at FIU and FAU....
The sad part is that isn’t even true. Our talent is not what some here think but we have better talent than those teams. abut you wouldn't know watching us play, because our overall coaching is so abysmal.

These kids are ***aloons. The only with heart is DJ. That kid leaves it all on the field every game. These SF divas are all about themselves. It’s a trait learned at an early age. When they are winning it’s all good, they don’t know how to deal with adversity. That’s because they all transfer 300 times in high school

Perry has heart! So does Cameron! Pickney, also, has heart! Even the diminutive Bandy has heart! For instance, did you happen to hear Davis' interview yesterday. Or hear Perry's radio interview with Donny BJ.

Advertisement
After the game Ivey had against UVA and then that no effort on that fake punt yesterday, I would have chewed his *** all the way to the bench for all the players to see that is completely unacceptable.
I figured Diaz would have a lot more excitement/emotion on the sidelines as he did when he was as DC. So far, I haven’t seen that at all. Not sure if it’s bc he’s overwhelmed or not.

Boy Manny is OVERWHELMED! No ifs, buts or hUh.

For example, do U know that old-fashion archaic saying... A picture is worth a thousand words and one. Well, study the look of Boy Manny on the sideline yesterday. :ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

Recruiting, leave So FL and get to more of the state to find some coachable winners who give half a **** - they're out there.

In August, Manny was quoted as saying: "We had a feeling the disease wasn't fully cured". No sir, it sure hasn't been.

I was all about Manny at first, but found it very odd that he brought back Thomas; Hard to find a cure and establish the TNM when you bring back a premadonna who quit on his teammates and program. That he wasn't available Saturday kind of shows, you either have to clean house or give in. Can't do both. That's discipline, and discipline - from penalties to plays to the kicking game - is something this team doesn't have and can't find.

Which is why the can't find away to win the four games they lost, all of which they should have won.

Failure doesn't only loom heavy in the kicker's heads - it is making its way around the entire team.

I disagree. Coaching didn’t cause Shaq to drop a likely pick 6 to seal the game for Miami. You can only do so much for missing tackles and dropped passes. You can put them in a position to make those plays but at the end of the day it’s up to them to execute

YES IT ABSOLUTELY DOES.

Coaching has a tangible (proper technique and strategy) and intangible (focus, belief, luck) that result in whether the team consistently makes more plays than the other team to win games.

Poorly coached teams lack focus and confidence and rarely make the game play when it matters most.

Well coached teams do the opposite.

The aura/morale/belief/momentum, whatever you want to call, HAS A DIRECT AND CONSISTENT EFFECT ON WHETHER PLAYERS MAKE PLAYS OR NOT.

Again the bumbling fool crowd thinks that 17 year olds are finished products.

If this exact team played for an actual coach in a legit program that develops players, they’d be winning and going on to the NFL.

These players can’t train themselves. Seriously who do you think gets more out of his players, Nick Saban and his staff of 50 people, or Manny Diaz and his bartender buddy? What do you expect to happen?

Shaq Quarterman as a freshman was as good as any freshman LB in the country. But then he never got any better, while his peers at real programs did and now he will not play in the NFL. That is negligence on the part of the University, but the moron fans blame the kid like it’s their fault that they are being criminally under developed.

Advertisement
Our defensive leader is an out of shape slob. What do you expect?
Better enjoy Shaq’s play and motor while he’s here. Can’t reasonably expect another dude who goes out and continues to play despite not sleeping at night because he’s living with a separated shoulder and delays going under the knife because he actually wants IT to come here under this mockery of a regime.

Griping about missed tackles is absolutely fair but he’s not the deadbeat standing around getting roasted for touchdowns due to lack of effort.

The reality is that a continuation of this mockery is going to leave us with a lot of the latter type players I described and none of the former.

A guy who works like that isn’t the problem.

- A lack of commitment to a program by admin is.
- Surrounding yourself with yes-men instead of creating a culture of accountability is.
- Getting out-schemed and out-coached by every FBS program you've faced is.
- Continuing to play low effort players despite other options is and to further that point: One can’t reasonably assume that young players in this program don’t see that. They know how hard each other individual is working (or not) and when that guy who isn’t is still playing despite Diaz preaching the importance of effort and energy, it isn’t hard to gaze through the veil.

Coming from a winning culture means a lot, that’s true.

But explain Randy Shannon and his #1 ranked recruiting class with all the MNW champions. Shannon played for JJ, certainly a winning culture not accepting mediocrity. Shannon was clueless. MNW won a national championship. Everybody player except Sean Spence reeked of entitlement.

Real winners hate losing because they’ve lost and know how bad it feels. They don’t want to feel that way again and work hard to prevent it.

Fake winners think they deserve to win, and quit when they lose.

Again the bumbling fool crowd thinks that 17 year olds are finished products.

If this exact team played for an actual coach in a legit program that develops players, they’d be winning and going on to the NFL.

These players can’t train themselves. Seriously who do you think gets more out of his players, Nick Saban and his staff of 50 people, or Manny Diaz and his bartender buddy? What do you expect to happen?

Shaq Quarterman as a freshman was as good as any freshman LB in the country. But then he never got any better, while his peers at real programs did and now he will not play in the NFL. That is negligence on the part of the University, but the moron fans blame the kid like it’s their fault that they are being criminally under developed.

some of Shaw’s lack of development comes from the fact that he hasn’t done what he needed to be the best he could be.

Only way to fix it that I can think of is forget talent and play the dudes who go hard. And I’m not talking just practice. On field, off field, in the weight room and on GAMEDAY. WHO GOES HARD?

Advertisement
The sad part is that isn’t even true. Our talent is not what some here think but we have better talent than those teams. abut you wouldn't know watching us play, because our overall coaching is so abysmal.

Indeed. I believe you hit the nail on the head. The product on the field at the practices viewed and the players, etc did not distinguish itself from the other schools mentioned when watched at that point in time.

Yes, we focus on Manny Diaz and his staff as well as the macro level administrative issues at this University.

However, under no circumstances should the PLAYERS get a pass.

Some of these players are sorry af and should have been told to get lost a long time ago and are just one of many reasons why our University is sorry af.

Haselwood was right, but this fanbase gets way too in their feelings for our sorry af school.

Maybe even some cancers?

Mark Richt legit said that there was more to life than winning. Of course the players would echo that sentiment when their leader says it. When you stress gimmicks, twitter, and Jesus as the backbone of your program, the players attitude reflects it. Pretty simple. Stop blaming the players for the environment their failure coaches foster.

Advertisement
Boy when this first dropped some of the “fans” killed this dude and said he didn’t have a Cane mentality. This kid 100% had a Cane mentality and wanted to be in Miami but his mindset and vision would not tolerate the mediocrity here.
Lmao bump. I take back my statement. Oklahoma in 3 games so far 1-2, & will be ranked lower than 20 by next week. Miami 3-0 likely to rank 7-8 next week, And is heading in better direction than the sooners. Smh JH could’ve been a starting for us by now. Guess life comes at you fast.

looks like the tweet was deleted at some point, can't blame the kid. That or my old *** don't know how to use twitter

Advertisement
Back