Has there ever been a stranger time than this in modern Canes football?

I used to be so arrogant about Canes football…I became a Canes fan when I enrolled at UM in 2000.

Anyway, my mentality used to be if we got to two losses in a season, I considered the season a bust and I would just stop watching.

Needless to say, I missed half of the Coker years and nearly all of the Shannon years. Literally only saw a few games from those times.

Weirdly, what got me back in to it was the message boards. It was all the Jon Gruden talk before we hired Al Golden, and then the Shapiro **** hit and it was like crack. Way more interesting than the garbage product on the field UM had started putting out.

Point is…actually I have no clue what my point is. Coaching searches are fun, I guess.

Advertisement
There's a better chance of me growing my **** an extra 6 inches than there is of us winning 9 straight games.
Probably get better results with this. Disclaimer: I don’t own or need one.

Attachments

• 9C854E86-02EF-44E3-983C-BD976F1AB045.jpeg
    9C854E86-02EF-44E3-983C-BD976F1AB045.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 4
The 2014 season was the last time I felt this bad about a Miami team in recent memory...

Starting with the opening asskickin by LVille, then losing on the road to Nebraska, then the GTech game & finishing off the season with a 4 game losing streak culminating with a loss to South Carolina in the Independence Bowl.

I never wanted Al Folden hired here in the first place, but by that time I had reached my breaking point, I really really hated that guy (and still do lol) & was so extremely frustrated we didn’t fire him. I wasn’t on this board at that time but I can tell yall without doubt yall would’ve thought I had a mental breakdown with how mad I was that season, I don’t think I’ve ever been that angry before in my life lol.

I’m not as angry about this season, more just tired & defeated. I don’t have any fire left for this year, I don’t even get mad when I see how bad we play, I just sigh & smh...

The 2014 season was the last time I felt this bad about a Miami team in recent memory...

Starting with the opening asskickin by LVille, then losing on the road to Nebraska, then the GTech game & finishing off the season with a 4 game losing streak culminating with a loss to South Carolina in the Independence Bowl.

I never wanted Al Folden hired here in the first place, but by that time I had reached my breaking point, I really really hated that guy (and still do lol) & was so extremely frustrated we didn’t fire him. I wasn’t on this board at that time but I can tell yall without doubt yall would’ve thought I had a mental breakdown with how mad I was that season, I don’t think I’ve ever been that angry before in my life lol.

I’m not as angry about this season, more just tired & defeated. I don’t have any fire left for this year, I don’t even get mad when I see how bad we play, I just sigh & smh...
(I’m not as angry about this season, more just tired & defeated. I don’t have any fire left for this year, I don’t even get mad when I see how bad we play, I just sigh & smh...)

You are describing wh
at most of us are feeling now.

Advertisement
I think this is the most important time for the program in the past 20 years. If they get another ****** coach, and the program continues to be dog****, Miami won't be attractive to any major conferences. I still think there could be more realignment but Miami isn't that attractive right now as I think everyone knows the current admin is just happy to cash checks and don't care about attempting to raise the school's brand.
Yeah, this is reality. If the admin does not figure it out, see ya! No more checks for you.

This is rock bottom. And I was at the last game at the OB. 5 straight losses to P5 competition and our last game against G5 competition didn’t exactly leave anyone impressed.

The good thing is if TVD somehow is legit, this whole thing can get turned around.

Advertisement
This is rock bottom. And I was at the last game at the OB. 5 straight losses to P5 competition and our last game against G5 competition didn’t exactly leave anyone impressed.

The good thing is if TVD somehow is legit, this whole thing can get turned around.

rock bottom for this coach. we also lost to g5 teams under golden and got smoked by Clemson where the opponent didn't even go to the locker room.

before that we lost to USF at home in front of 12 people.

before that we got into a huge brawl with FIU.

Advertisement
I used to be so arrogant about Canes football…I became a Canes fan when I enrolled at UM in 2000.

Anyway, my mentality used to be if we got to two losses in a season, I considered the season a bust and I would just stop watching.

Needless to say, I missed half of the Coker years and nearly all of the Shannon years. Literally only saw a few games from those times.

Weirdly, what got me back in to it was the message boards. It was all the Jon Gruden talk before we hired Al Golden, and then the Shapiro **** hit and it was like crack. Way more interesting than the garbage product on the field UM had started putting out.

Point is…actually I have no clue what my point is. Coaching searches are fun, I guess.

You are describing the late eighties and early nineties mentality of most Cane fans. One loss and the season was a bust.
I remember feeling like the world ended after the "fumble in South Bend" game.
Any loss was condition for suicide watch..
Was young and naive back then.

Now I just move on... no more scheduling days around cane games anymore.

Last edited:

Bro I HATED Golden. Like straight up, I would swing on dude if I ever saw him in person

Advertisement
That sounds like an every three year occurrence round these parts

Lol jk. To be completely honest, this current feeling is the most sure I've ever been of a coach getting fired eventually. Richt saved us by stepping down, he wouldn't have been fired. Golden, I hated that guy so much that every minute felt like an eternity, but I didnt get the feeling g of he would for sure be fired...until he was.

With Manny, the whole world knows it. Hes done. The only thing he can do to save himself is win 9 straight games in very convincing fashion. And we know dam well that aint happening.

I basically knew at the beginning of the 2015 season that Golden wouldn’t be back the next year. I wasn’t expecting him to get fired at mid season after a 58-0 home loss, though.

There's the head coach who spouts gibberish to the media, has lost the fanbase, his staff and probably the players, and who everyone knows (including him) is likely a lame-duck.

There's the AD who has effectively been silenced on football matters and could also be on the chopping block.

There are the current and former players who are posting cryptic messages on social media.

There are the fans who are in open revolt, waiting and hoping for the game that triggers the firings, and unsure whether to root for or against the team.

And then there's the team itself with a 2-3 record but less than halfway through the season and all their preseason goals still attainable on paper.

Let me know if I missed anything.
You mean like 1976 when we were about to drop football? Yes. Lou was changing the culture then up and left. Along comes Howard guaranteeing a national title in 5 years.

Advertisement
Back