Hartley Hired by UGA

Advertisement
Thats his Alma Matter I dont think he would have picked us over them even if it was offered. He did so with Richt but thats because Richt jumped started his careers. He has no reason to be loyal to Manny.

Hartley would have stayed if Manny didnt fire him.

Hartley has a loyalty to the school that is at stronger than the players. Also Hartley has young kids and he doesnt like moving them around.

Hartley should have never been let go. Period.

Say what you want about Special Teams but his TEs produced and he was the only offensive coach that recruited with passion.

The TEs have caught predominantly bubble screens and flat routes since Njoku left and they don't block very well. I'm not sure how you can tell what type of coach he is. What they've been asked to do hasn't very extensive. And he did coach special teams, it was part of his job and calling them average would be doing him a favor

The TEs have caught predominantly bubble screens and flat routes since Njoku left and they don't block very well. I'm not sure how you can tell what type of coach he is. What they've been asked to do hasn't very extensive. And he did coach special teams, it was part of his job and calling them average would be doing him a favor

Having 2 TEs drafted here instead of killing their development, Brevin Jordan being a Freshman All-American. His history of successful TEs here and at Marshall. Just stop, Hartley is a **** good TE coach and recruiter and if anyone should have been retained, it should have been him.

I love how everyone hates him now or says he wasn't good. Yes, he was horrible at special teams but he was the team's best recruiter and the TEs have been awesome. Obviously time to move on now but he's a big loss imo.

Advertisement
Having 2 TEs drafted here instead of killing their development, Brevin Jordan being a Freshman All-American. His history of successful TEs here and at Marshall. Just stop, Hartley is a **** good TE coach and recruiter and if anyone should have been retained, it should have been him.

Outside his recruiting he left a lot to be desired.

Herndon and Njoku were NFL draft picks the moment they stepped foot on campus because of their ability. You want to give Hartley credit for not destroying them? Fine. Brevin Jordan caught less than three passes per game and did most of his damage against FIU and Savannah State. He caught 20 passes in the other 11 games and didn't reach 40 yards receiving after Game 5. Him winning freshman All-American honors speaks more to college football moving away from using TEs than anything Hartley might've done. Probably some laziness on sports writers part too.

Advertisement
He was a poor ST coach but he made great inroads in Duval County for us, and was our best recruiter. I wish him well, but be honest this will hurt going forward. I am concerned that our new staff has few proven South Florida recruiters. I will wait and see, but it is a concern.

Advertisement
Hartley should have never been let go. Period.

Say what you want about Special Teams but his TEs produced and he was the only offensive coach that recruited with passion.
When have we ever had a problem with TEs producing?

I love how everyone hates him now or says he wasn't good. Yes, he was horrible at special teams but he was the team's best recruiter and the TEs have been awesome. Obviously time to move on now but he's a big loss imo.

Teams best recruiter isn't exactly saying much lol and I said this before, I like Hartley, special teams were awful but I can't put Feagles on him, not like the kid wasn't getting coaching from his dad and having a good punter likely would have covered a lot of flaws.

As a TE coach, hard to say in the previous offense, Jordan was the #1 TE in the country, he is supposed to be a beast

As a recruiter, he hit a homerun last year with Jordan and Mallory, year before he whiffed on everyone and we got polendey, this year, whiffed on everyone and we got Hodges. Someone mentioned he was Paytons recruiter as well but Payton took his recruitment like Duke, didn't play games, didn't matter what was going on he was locked in.

I would not have opposed seeing him come back but also completely understand having to let him go. You can't fire everyone but him and then tell your new OC yeah you have to take this guy as a position coach. Hartley was a cane, no hard feelings, I would rather him go to USC or some school other school but it is what it is. What is UGA going to do? go from the #1 recruiting class to #1A? lol

The tightenend position at Miami recruits it’s self all you have to tell a recruit is to turn on the tv and say that can be you catching pass from baker or Donald or Cam or luck should I continue?

Advertisement
Via Kirby Smart’s Twitter.

Now that he has bags, he’s going to be an even more dangerous recruiter.

He’s assembling a corching staph. Honestly, they were getting top 5 classes before this. If anything, this spells gameday chaos and I suspect, the beginning of the end for smart. Once you start hiring corches, that’s a wrap

The Sniper was apparently fired for being a sialoquent coach. Accidently spit through Brevins facemask a few times when he yells "Sprint Sprint Sprint!!!" Tight ends got tired of spit showers. No sources just a hunch, u heard it first.

Advertisement
Back