Harley confirms he will OV to Miami starting tonight.

Advertisement
Not sure if asked in this thread yet but

How would y'all feel about a class of Thomas, Pouncey, and Harley?

Would be outstanding. I think even a 3 WR class of Njoku, Thomas, and Pouncey would be very good. Thomas is the key, IMO - game-changing athlete at a position of extreme need (slot WR.)

well we currently have langham and cager who lack speed. berrios who trips over his own feet in the open field. why not take harley even if we get the others? lol

Harley is dynamite without pads and with the time to make quadruple moves. A 7 on 7 legend.

He didn't stick out in the actual game at all. Actually got blown up in the backfield on a jet sweep then threw a temper tantrum about it on the sidelines. That's the only play I remember seeing him on.

Like I've been saying for months now, kid is overrated. He has straight line speed and decent hands but the wiggle is lacking. He'll make a decent college player because he has the ability to take the top off of a defense, beyond that I just don't see it.

The wiggle is where a guy like Jeff Thomas blows him out of the water. Not to mention being faster straight line as well.

Just my opinion of course.

Thomas is the better prospect, but I'll take some of this, whatever it is. Have him doing updowns til he pukes for the way he's handled the process, though.

[TWEET]812495057983074304[/TWEET]

Like I've been saying for months now, kid is overrated. He has straight line speed and decent hands but the wiggle is lacking. He'll make a decent college player because he has the ability to take the top off of a defense, beyond that I just don't see it.

He lacks wiggle after the catch but I see plenty of quickness in and out of breaks. Very comparable to Dorsett. If he works on his craft like Dorsett, he will be an extremely difficult cover at the college level.

I don't disagree with that comparison.

I would say a "poor mans" Dorsett though just because I don't think he has quite the same top-end speed.

Just to clarify, he is a take to me. I've just seen people hype him up endlessly for months and I don't agree with people who say he is an elite player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Give me Harley AND Thomas. Stack speed.

Thomas has nothing to do with this. We need as many dynamic players as possible.

Yup.

Can't teach speed. Maybe they aren't stars, but when you got your Kermit Whitfields, your Tyreek Hills, Adoree Jacksons, KD Cannons, Marquise Goodwin, Dri Archer, etc...they can be difference makers on any given play.

I would say a "poor mans" Dorsett though just because I don't think he has quite the same top-end speed.

The big disclaimer is that Dorsett had excellent character and work ethic.

I don't know much about Harley aside from the fact that he's close to Sam Bruce. If he can avoid the mistakes that Bruce made, he can be a very good college player IMO.

I don't know much about Harley aside from the fact that he's close to Sam Bruce. If he can avoid the mistakes that Bruce made, he can be a very good college player IMO.

That's my other worry. I REALLY hope the coaches are doing their due diligence on this kid top to bottom. If he's committed to the program and can keep his head on straight, great. But even worse than him jerking us on NSD would be him enrolling and getting booted within 6 months like Bruce did.

Harley is dynamite without pads and with the time to make quadruple moves. A 7 on 7 legend.

He didn't stick out in the actual game at all. Actually got blown up in the backfield on a jet sweep then threw a temper tantrum about it on the sidelines. That's the only play I remember seeing him on.

The wiggle is where a guy like Jeff Thomas blows him out of the water. Not to mention being faster straight line as well.

Just my opinion of course.

Thomas is the better prospect, but I'll take some of this, whatever it is. Have him doing updowns til he pukes for the way he's handled the process, though.

[TWEET]812495057983074304[/TWEET]

He's a take for me. I'm not one who particularly cares about how kids handle their recruitments as long as they eventually come to Miami.

I'm just not as high on him as others. This is how you set up a player to fail in my opinion, overhyping and then criticizing once they don't live up to your inflated expectations.

Not saying you in particular, but people have been hyping him up for months.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not going to kiss his ***.

Just ponder this: if the turds come in at the last minute with an offer, this flake will jump right to them. Let that marinate in your brain for a while.

He had a much better season -- in pads -- than your buddy Sam Bruce had last year.

[HUDL]video/3/3865227/57f6ea1690f99313e06d0199[/HUDL]

We'll see what happens. According to today's Rivals interview, his mom is pushing Miami but his dad thinks the offer was too late.

Thats not really saying much....

you guys who get off on the imagined insulting of 17 and 18 year olds are legitimately creepy as ****.

if the guy makes the team better who cares. your priorities are wacky.

Advertisement
From another site---Strange both parents t say this and kid appears to not listen to them at all.

"My wife is pushing for Miami, and I also would love to see him in orange and green," Mike Sr. said. "So we sat down and talked with him, said `Let's go talk to them, visit.' He agreed but said he's not going to commit there, that he's going to stay firm with West Virginia."

let this marinate for a second. he was offered november 6 and dad thinks that is too late. i have to laugh. a lot of superstar academic kids do not have their offers by november but our offer is too late....

Sorry I down voted you clicked on wrong one..was to be an up vote. Will make it up on another of your posts.

I believe that his problem with wrong types is not really founded so much as Mon and Pop do not seem to be so worried--from another site--

"My wife is pushing for Miami, and I also would love to see him in orange and green," Mike Sr. said. "So we sat down and talked with him, said `Let's go talk to them, visit.' He agreed but said he's not going to commit there, that he's going to stay firm with West Virginia."

Advertisement
I want Thomas. This guy is a decent backup plan to Thomas.

HAVE to make sure Harley isn't playing. If there's even a chance his "commitment" would knock Thomas or Pouncey out of the class, tell him thanks but no thanks.

I still think our best 3 WR class is Njoku, Thomas, and Pouncey (if no Smith.) If we have room for 4, Harley is a take.

At this point you gotta think there is nobody taking Thomas' spot, nobody, he is a take if he wants in no matter what.

From another site---Strange both parents t say this and kid appears to not listen to them at all.

Kid wants to go to UM but his previous stupidity would make him look like a fool if he committed to Miami now, and he knows it

let this marinate for a second. he was offered november 6 and dad thinks that is too late. i have to laugh. a lot of superstar academic kids do not have their offers by november but our offer is too late....

meanwhile pouncey was grateful for a late december offer. smh

I want Thomas. This guy is a decent backup plan to Thomas.

HAVE to make sure Harley isn't playing. If there's even a chance his "commitment" would knock Thomas or Pouncey out of the class, tell him thanks but no thanks.

I still think our best 3 WR class is Njoku, Thomas, and Pouncey (if no Smith.) If we have room for 4, Harley is a take.

At this point you gotta think there is nobody taking Thomas' spot, nobody, he is a take if he wants in no matter what.

Yes, good point you brought up.

Advertisement
Back