Hard rock stadium is elite!

Advertisement
The entrance needs work. Either go back to the giant inflatable helmet or maybe an inflatable tunnel.
miami-dolphins-tunnel-entrance.jpg

LMFAOOOOO at people obsessing over the entrance.

The vast majority of people I'm sure are fine at the players coming out of the entrance through smoke.

If they want to add bells and whistles, that's fine. But all you really need is a lot of smoke as they run out of the entrance. End of story.

Two World Series Championships there. No football Championships. Hum, maybe they should have left the Marlins there and move the Fins back to the OB and build new stadium there for them and Canes.

Advertisement
Two World Series Championships there. No football Championships. Hum, maybe they should have left the Marlins there and move the Fins back to the OB and build new stadium there for them and Canes.

Or...maybe the Dolphins should have played better.

Most people have no idea how good the stadium looks. I had a friend from St Louis text me a month ago who had stumbled upon it on Twitter and he was convinced it was a new stadium.

Winner, Winner chicken dinner!! The Marlins won 2 titles at SLS and the attendance would still be mediocre and all the Marlins wanted to do was leave that place even with all those memories. Memories don't mean jack in terms of bringing people to the games.. Those Memories were great because people were actually at the games because the team won.. period.

Advertisement
Elite, but not nice enough to play MLS in apparently. David ****hem prefers no parking.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That stadium was built as an act of pride by Joe Robbie, rip. He also sunk a proposal to make Miami the permanent site for the Super Bowl. Maybe it is that vengeful hubris that just haunts the stadium. Although, the Fins were already showing signs of loser before the left the OB. It sure got worse after the move.

Maybe it is just hard to get over a lifetime of seeing great games in the OB that were not limited to just the Canes and Fins. Although, The Perfect Season and the Decades of Dominance are more than enough all by themselves. That said, all will be fine if the Cane can win one title.

Advertisement
Old school stadiums do not have the feature and facilities required to attract teams and events required for sporting venues to profit. As much as I cherish my memories in the venerable former Orange Bowl, they are just that, memories like my youth that I can't regain. The Rock will be embraced as the finest college game venue once we start putting foot in *** again.

One of the most well thought out and written posts I have seen on here.

Respect.

That stadium was built as an act of pride by Joe Robbie, rip. He also sunk a proposal to make Miami the permanent site for the Super Bowl. Maybe it is that vengeful hubris that just haunts the stadium. Although, the Fins were already showing signs of loser before the left the OB. It sure got worse after the move.

Maybe it is just hard to get over a lifetime of seeing great games in the OB that were not limited to just the Canes and Fins. Although, The Perfect Season and the Decades of Dominance are more than enough all by themselves. That said, all will be fine if the Cane can win one title.

It was built because the Joe Robbie refused to play ball with the corrupt idiots running the City of Miami. They didn't want to fix up the OB, and basically dared him to build his own facility. He did that, and invented a creative way of financing sports facilities in the process. That said, buildings don't win games, TEAMS DO. The 'Canes were mediocre in the OB for decades before the run started, and then when probation hit, was mediocre again. Yes, there were tons of great memories in that building, but time waits for no one, and the OB was a building that had outlived its usefulness. The City of Miami wasn't interested in assisting the University in renovating it, and once Loria greased the right palms, it was a done deal.

Advertisement

It was built because the Joe Robbie refused to play ball with the corrupt idiots running the City of Miami. They didn't want to fix up the OB, and basically dared him to build his own facility. He did that, and invented a creative way of financing sports facilities in the process. That said, buildings don't win games, TEAMS DO. The 'Canes were mediocre in the OB for decades before the run started, and then when probation hit, was mediocre again. Yes, there were tons of great memories in that building, but time waits for no one, and the OB was a building that had outlived its usefulness. The City of Miami wasn't interested in assisting the University in renovating it, and once Loria greased the right palms, it was a done deal.

I would be the last person to defend the City of Miami government, although I object to government finance for stadiums and a lot of other crap too. I was in OB for the first kick off on the first Fin game. We should not speak ill of the dead so Joe did a great thing for Miami bringing us pro football. The City owned the OB and maintaining it should have been its responsibility; it clearly failed. The OB was a world known landmark before the Fins came there and before The U became our beloved greatest thing ever.

It's death and destruction is a pox on the City and County government, the Dolphins, the NFL, the University of Miami administration, its BOT and college football in general. No single stadium ever touched it. Numerous National Championships during the Orange Bowl games featuring legends of coaching and college football programs, Heisman winners galore, the most important Super Bowl ever(III), the Prefect Team, and the cherry on top and all cakes THE U and its glory days. No college stadium can even match The U's record at OB, no lease all those other Bowl Game greats and what one can claim the pro legacy of Super Bowls and Perfection. Pro stadiums? Which can even touch merely the pro legacy of the OB? The Perfect Season stands alone. Forget trying to also add college to any pro stadium.

I knew Joe and could say more, but the man deserves to rest in peace. He gave us something nobody else has, Perfect Season. RIP.

That stadium is world class after the renovations. At this point only thing people can say is it's not on campus. F that, who cares? We're about to have the IPF. We're gonna start a streak in that stadium soon. Watch.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back