Hard rock stadium is elite!

Hardrock is much improved. It went from being the worst 50K plus seat stadium in the state to being only behind that of Everbank in Jax. The renovations of the seats being closer make it so much better from the sidelines. The roof has made it the loudest stadium in the state bar none. Once UM starts winning again, all the publicity will come along with it.

FT - you nailed it - it was MUCH louder last year - even when the stands were not full

Advertisement
image.jpg

image.jpg

It's beautiful.

Hard Rock is definitely a more polished ****, much better than it was 5 years ago. It has a much better intimate feeling. With that said, the fans are no closer to the field and the site lines still suck.
Hey Sean Spicer!

Advertisement
Except for the added rows along the N and S sidelines no one else is closer to the field. This does not affect that many people. Gives place a better feel and much less of open space on the sideline but in reality has little effect.

Hard Rock is definitely a more polished ****, much better than it was 5 years ago. It has a much better intimate feeling. With that said, the fans are no closer to the field and the site lines still suck.

The fans are much closer to field. That was one of the main purposes of the renovations; moving the entire lower bowl closer to the field.

Sigh. The majority of the seats didn't move. I'm in the end zone and my seats didn't move an inch. Only the North and South moved and they pretty much just added seats to the field. The seats are still far from the field compared to the OB.

Oh, good lord...can somebody explain to me how you make EVERY SEAT "closer to the field"? This is ridiculous. Someone claimed that "the fans" are closer and someone disputed it. The fact remains, every seat is SOME DISTANCE from the field, it just depends upon where you sit. But it is a simple issue of math, the average distance from the field of ALL AVAILABLE SEATS has been reduced.

More seats were added down low. Many of the seats that were farthest away were removed. If someone chose not to move forward as the inventory of seats moved closer, that's on you. I'm in Section 117 and I moved closer to the field as more seats were added and people in my section moved closer. How is this hard to comprehend?

As for the dimensions of the field, Joe Robbie built it to accommodate soccer, which means that the WIDTH of the field had to be wider. But the endzones are pretty much in the same exact spot as they ever would have been, there are now field club seats in the endzones, and, oh yeah, how close were the seats to the East end zone in the Orange Bowl?

Look, Hard Rock is pretty **** good now. I'd still rather have the OB to ourselves, the contract was in place to renovate, and it was SCUMBAG MIAMI POLITICIANS, not Donna Shalala, who weaseled out of the contract because "Hammes Florida, LLC" was not the same entity as "Hammes, Inc.".

And, for the record, I feel horrible for Rokulika's son.

It's as nice a stadium as you'll find in College Football. If we're winning people will show up and it will be loud. That's how it works in Miami or any large city. Even in podunk North and Central Florida you can see the empty seats creeping in when they struggle.

Advertisement
Hard rock is a great stadium the location is less than ideal but we have to deal with diffrent circumstances than these country bumpkin schools. The tailgating at Hard Rock is really off the chain and comparable to any school in the country IMO and iv been to the grove and ole miss and several other sec schools and still find hard rock to be on that level.

What happened to [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION] 's son?

He's fine now.

Here's the thing about Son Life aka Hard Rock...the stadium is cursed.

There are no memorable football games or moments in the stadium's 30 year history.

There have been several Super Bowls, National Championships but unless you're a Saints or Gators fan there are no good memories.

Advertisement
Was at Gillette Stadium this past weekend. Gillette and Patriots' Place is quite a complex with all of the retail and entertainment facilities (movie theater and clubs) at the stadium. The amazing thing about Gillette is the configuration of the seats is done in such a way that every seat seems like it looks straight at the field without the need for turning your head. Gillette is a major upgrade over the old Shaeffer Stadium.

Having said all that, Gillette didn't seem as finished or as nice as Hard Rok Stadium. There is no protection from the elements at Gillette and the Jumbotrons suck compared to those at Hard Rok. Consider me a fan of Hard Rok Stadium.

I understand Rok's concerns about no signature moments at Hard Rock, but those will be coming soon, my friend.

Advertisement
It's as nice a stadium as you'll find in College Football. If we're winning people will show up and it will be loud. That's how it works in Miami or any large city. Even in podunk North and Central Florida you can see the empty seats creeping in when they struggle.

The University of Miami plays in arguably the best facility in the country right now, if you look at this from a college perspective. I hate to break it to some of you simps, the facilities you crow about at these large state schools don't come near to what HRS is now. Go to Bryant -Denny, it's a dump, outside of the big money areas. Doak doesn't even have connecting hallways, and you are basically guessing where your seat is, due to how crappy the signage is. A lot of these "Historic" college football stadia are total wreck jobs, outside of some additions thrown in here and there. You are getting a 21st century football experience at HRS, and that's something that few schools can match. We all love the OB, but this foggy haze of history crap needs to end. Go back and watch the old OB games, there were a ton of empty seats when the 'Canes weren't playing Notre Dame, Florida State, Florida, or some other big name opponent.

The main problem now is nothing really memorable has happened there. There hasn't been a signature win there. Everything we remember about Miami being great happened in the Orange Bowl.

The University of Miami plays in arguably the best facility in the country right now, if you look at this from a college perspective. I hate to break it to some of you simps, the facilities you crow about at these large state schools don't come near to what HRS is now. Go to Bryant -Denny, it's a dump, outside of the big money areas. Doak doesn't even have connecting hallways, and you are basically guessing where your seat is, due to how crappy the signage is. A lot of these "Historic" college football stadia are total wreck jobs, outside of some additions thrown in here and there. You are getting a 21st century football experience at HRS, and that's something that few schools can match. We all love the OB, but this foggy haze of history crap needs to end. Go back and watch the old OB games, there were a ton of empty seats when the 'Canes weren't playing Notre Dame, Florida State, Florida, or some other big name opponent.

Every word of your statement is 100% correct. There are people that still post here that are way too stupid to realize that what they are remembering, if they even ever went to the Orange bowl, is just through the haze of having played and won some big games there.

The main problem now is nothing really memorable has happened there. There hasn't been a signature win there. Everything we remember about Miami being great happened in the Orange Bowl.

I'd say that's more of an issue with the program than the stadium. Is it Hard Rock/Sunlife/Joe Robbie's fault that this team has underachieved for 15 years? We'd have more memories at the new stadium if the team was actually good. Hopefully we can add wins against Notre Dame and Virginia Tech to that list this year.

Advertisement
Back