Gut feeling Feagels

Even when we punt from the 50 we still can't nail a team down under the 5 yard line... It's been going on for two years now

Advertisement
Bosher, O'Donnel, Vogel, Feagles/Spicer. We were so spoiled man LOL

Cot**** right we were. There was a solid stretch there where the punters and punt game were verrrry high up on the list of limited strengths of our team.

Pick your poison. Line drive punts with 2 second hang times, or consistently shanked punts and the opposing team starting virtually every drive at the 50 or worse. I’ll have to think about this.

‘Special’ Teams‘
1539192937701.gif

1539193175773.gif

In the pregame warmups in Arlington, Feagles was consistently punting them much further than Spicer. 45-50 yds vs 30-40. He needs a shrink.

This.

Feagles has a strong leg.

He just gets mind-****ed in pressure situations. I’d roll the dice on him getting the mental part worked out.

Advertisement
Don't know why feagles is so bad booms em in practice.Spicer I really don't know but not to make excuses but it's harder than it looks kicking in an atmosphere like Saturday.to me it seems both the kickoff and punt coverage is lacking that head hunter.players act like they are out on a stroll and not looking to hit someone.times have changed those two plays a freshmen could make a name for himself especially if he's trying to get playing time during a game.bad special teams play often keeps them on the bench.

Advertisement
Find it hard to believe kick coverage has changed much over the years. Should not be as difficult as we make it seen. A few years back Texas A& M
Had a student body kick coverage team. They were all walk ons from the student body except for the kicker. They did a **** good job .They followed basic funddamentals of kick coverage. Fill your assigned lane and maintain lane integrity. Hit like you would sometimes like to hit your hated mother in law

Is it possible to combine both punters , that way it can be line drives out of bounds ?

Spicer -

Not his fault that punt team overruns the punt, takes bad angles and can’t stay in their lanes

Advertisement
Give me Feagles. He has the bigger leg. When he gets a hold of one they go higher and farther, and they are rarely returnable. When he doesn't...well those aren't returnable either.

All I know is that the greatest special teams coach in UM history and one of the best cfb history is retired and would love to come back and coach...in fact..this is the only job he would take.

Seriously? If so, why doesn’t Richt reach out to him?

Find it hard to believe kick coverage has changed much over the years. Should not be as difficult as we make it seen. A few years back Texas A& M
Had a student body kick coverage team. They were all walk ons from the student body except for the kicker. They did a **** good job .They followed basic funddamentals of kick coverage. Fill your assigned lane and maintain lane integrity. Hit like you would sometimes like to hit your hated mother in law

I think you mean the 12th man which was a student, as in singular, not plural. They had to give it up tho, thanks to NCAA rules.

Advertisement
If you are going to put Feagles back in there, he better be on a extremely short leash.

Think I saw actual walkons on the punt team. No excuses for a Miami team to not have young stud athletes everywhere on special teams.

You did see walk ons...#38 was one of them and the dude looked terrible.

What if Perry just heaves the ball downfield on 4th down, do you think we could get the other team to catch it?

Advertisement
Back