Gustavo Edwards

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
What are our thoughts on him still being undecided about where he'll play next year?
Seems like he'd be the clear front-runner for the RB2 job ahead of Homer, Gray, Burns.
Was just browsing though Tyshon Dye's twitter follows and he's following a million guys from a million different schools. Definitely not a foregone conclusion that he's coming here. Tom Brown can really redeem himself by convincing Edwards to stick it out here.

Advertisement
Want him to stay but in no way want him to be the number 2 guy -- would be a bad reflection on Homer.

Homer will have every opportunity obviously but Edwards was the clear # 2 when the season ended. Not sure why that would change unless Homer takes a big step forward this spring. Being good on special teams is a good indicator of talent. However, Redwine made a ton of plays on specials as a freshman and several people have already written him off. We need Gus back imo.

Augustus Edwards

He's the second best RB on this team right now.... Get over it...We need him back

Advertisement
Homer will have every opportunity obviously but Edwards was the clear # 2 when the season ended. Not sure why that would change unless Homer takes a big step forward this spring. Being good on special teams is a good indicator of talent. However, Redwine made a ton of plays on specials as a freshman and several people have already written him off. We need Gus back imo.

Not unreasonable to expect a true sophomore to take a big step forward. On the flip side, Gustavo Eduardo's best case scenario is to improve marginally, which is not good enough for a number 2 here.

It'll say a lot more about Howard than it will about Gustavo if Gustavo keeps his number 2 job.

I expect Homer to improve. I expect Gray and Burns to be 100% healthy.

However, there are no certainties with those guys. Seems like Gustavo is about the only thing we can count on today in this crazy, turbulent place we call Planet Earth.

I expect Gus to

[video=youtube;YSfNmL0qMKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSfNmL0qMKA[/video]

this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, he's officially off the roster on hurricanesports.com, so it doesn't sound like he's sticking around.

Please send a crisis counselor to check on [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]. I am having bleak visions about vern at this point.
Im never gonna give up hope man... Its gonna be depressing if hes not here..I looked forward to seeing him get in every saturday. We are excpetionally thin at RB.. We need this man here

I hope the guy stays... Gus is never doing to elude defenders in the backfield, after they've blown past one of our guys - that flash incompetent blocking efforts at times - that's not his game!

However, an improved OL would help Gus tremendously, as for Gus (and most big backs), it's more about getting a good head of steam going!! And once he get past the LOS, that's when he'll do his thing.

As the OL goes, so goes Gus, point blank!

Let's not forget that the guy is indeed talented:

[video=youtube_share;4IV1tHse9pQ]https://youtu.be/4IV1tHse9pQ[/video]

[video=youtube_share;vaQlsaUYBJw]https://youtu.be/vaQlsaUYBJw[/video]

Last edited:
I like Gus. He was a contributor. But if Homer can't beat him out for the #2 role, we are in a bit of trouble.

Advertisement
I like Gus. He was a contributor. But if Homer can't beat him out for the #2 role, we are in a bit of trouble.

I think just about everyone would agree. It would be a nice problem to have though.

We need you, Gustavo. Come home my boy.

Advertisement
Back