Gustavo Edwards

Advertisement
Whom the **** is this Tee3000 guy? This porster is rustlin my jimmies pretty hard right now...

He has been properly vetted

Vetted by a vet.... no problem... the more Gus haters the better... mufuggas gonna see this year....

What's your deal? Why's it so **** important to you that people appreciate Gus? I really don't get why people get so in to championing any particular player.

he's pot committed at this point. makes no sense to fold

Why's it so **** important to you that people appreciate Gus? I really don't get why people get so in to championing any particular player.

LOL...exactly. Especially a player that hasn't made any impact in any meaningful games.

We talking about Walton or Gus?

Gus...Walton's impact play in the FSU game last year was nullified with the bull$h!t holding call. Sorry, but it doesn't take an elite, ****, even a good RB 4 years to break out.

NEXXXXXXT!!!

Advertisement
Why's it so **** important to you that people appreciate Gus? I really don't get why people get so in to championing any particular player.

LOL...exactly. Especially a player that hasn't made any impact in any meaningful games.

Gus...Walton's impact play in the FSU game last year was nullified with the bull$h!t holding call. Sorry, but it doesn't take an elite, ****, even a good RB 4 years to break out.

NEXXXXXXT!!!

I just think it's funny that people dismiss Gus as trash while hyping up Walton as a great RB. The truth is both are just good/solid RB's, nothing special, and very similar talent levels.

As for "impact" in a "meaningful" game - I'd say Gus has 1 - VT, and Walton has 2 - Pitt & NC St. Gus was behind Duke his first 2 years then missed his 3rd to injury. If your go to "impact play" for a RB is a play that was called back....then that RB is probably not making that many "impact plays".

NEXXXXXXT!!!

I just think it's funny that people dismiss Gus as trash while hyping up Walton as a great RB. The truth is both are just good/solid RB's, nothing special, and very similar talent levels.

As for "impact" in a "meaningful" game - I'd say Gus has 1 - VT, and Walton has 2 - Pitt & NC St. Gus was behind Duke his first 2 years then missed his 3rd to injury. If your go to "impact play" for a RB is a play that was called back....then that RB is probably not making that many "impact plays".

Exactly!!! Oh he had that play that didnt count remember!!!... LOL dudes are reachin out here mane..its pathetic... Walton had a very good last 4 games he was ****** during our 4 game losing streak and our bowl game, he was average the rest of the year.... Where was he during our 4 game losing streak?

Go look up his stats and get back to me...Oh wait never mind ill post them for you p h a g g ot s

FSU 14 car 39 yards 2.8YPC
NC 24 car 82 yards 3.4 YPC
VT 11 car 38 yards 3.5 YPC
ND 18 car 45 yards 2.7 YPC

I agree that Walton is the best back on our team, but to think hes head and shoulders above Gus is laughable. I could randoomly pick any college RB out of a hat and they could all acquire those numbers

oh yea WV 17 carries 52 yards 3.1 YPC

Last edited:

NEXXXXXXT!!!

Exactly!!! Oh he had that play that didnt count remember!!!... LOL dudes are reachin out here mane..its pathetic... Walton had a very good last 4 games he was ****** during our 4 game losing streak and our bowl game, he was average the rest of the year.... Where was he during our 4 game losing streak?

Go look up his stats and get back to me...Oh wait never mind ill post them for you p h a g g ot s

I agree that Walton is the best back on our team, but to think hes head and shoulders above Gus is laughable. I could randoomly pick any college RB out of a hat and they could all acquire those numbers

The OL was total crap in those games you listed. I think it's fair to say that Gus wouldn't have fared any better in those. Still not sure why it's so important to you that Gus receive more respect. Personally I want to see an improved rushing attack and couldn't care less on whose shoulders it rests.

Advertisement

NEXXXXXXT!!!

The OL was total crap in those games you listed. I think it's fair to say that Gus wouldn't have fared any better in those. Still not sure why it's so important to you that Gus receive more respect. Personally I want to see an improved rushing attack and couldn't care less on whose shoulders it rests.

The OL argument is a cop out. The OL didn't seem to bother Yearby in those games

FSU
Walton - 14 car 39 yards 2.8 YPC
Yearby - 10 car 39 yards 3.9 YPC

NC
Walton - 24 car 82 yards 3.4 YPC
Yearby - 10 car 74 yards 7.4 YPC

VT
Walton - 11 car 38 yards 3.5 YPC
Yearby - 9 car 59 yards 6.6 YPC

ND
Walton - 18 car 45 yards 2.7 YPC
Yearby - 6 car 1 yards 0.2 YPC

WV
Walton - 17 carries 52 yards 3.1 YPC
Yearby - 3 carries 16 yards 5.3 YPC

TOTAL
Walton - 84 carries 256 yards 3.0 YPC
Yearby - 38 carries 189 yards 5.0 YPC

Yearby was clearly the best RB on the team this year IMO. I preferred Gus over Walton all year, but when Gus got his chance at the end of the year he didn't take advantage. Walton outperformed Gus.

I've always been on Vern's side about liking Gus. For me personally - it's not about touting Gus as a great RB. It's just super annoying to hear people say Gus shouldn't ever get a carry but Walton is a stud RB #1 draft pick.

It would be like saying "Rayshawn Jenkins is a 1st Round draft pick, but Jamal Carter should never have even played at Miami!" It makes no sense. You may prefer one over the other, but their talent level is pretty similar.

So thru the first 8 games this year when Walton had 130 carries and Gus had 16 carries - that also made no sense (to me at least).

Lamar Miller still cashing checks bro!!!! I bet Gus makes an NFL roster. Could see him fitting in well with the Patriots.

I remember Auburn when they had Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. Never heard of Brandon Jacobs until he was with the Giants where he had a nice career. Come to find out he was 3rd string behind Williams and Brown at Auburn.

I think Gus is elite. There are few guys that have his speed and agility at his size. Stop comparing him to Walton and other cause there is no comparison. He's a different type of back. He's not them and they aren't him. When he has decent blocking, he will "show out!!!" You all just hating cause he wants to transfer for more playing time. You have such a hardon for shake-n-bake scatbacks that you don't appreciate a different style of runner. Just Stop it!!!!!!

The OL argument is a cop out. The OL didn't seem to bother Yearby in those games

FSU
Walton - 14 car 39 yards 2.8 YPC
Yearby - 10 car 39 yards 3.9 YPC

NC
Walton - 24 car 82 yards 3.4 YPC
Yearby - 10 car 74 yards 7.4 YPC

VT
Walton - 11 car 38 yards 3.5 YPC
Yearby - 9 car 59 yards 6.6 YPC

ND
Walton - 18 car 45 yards 2.7 YPC
Yearby - 6 car 1 yards 0.2 YPC

WV
Walton - 17 carries 52 yards 3.1 YPC
Yearby - 3 carries 16 yards 5.3 YPC

TOTAL
Walton - 84 carries 256 yards 3.0 YPC
Yearby - 38 carries 189 yards 5.0 YPC

Yearby was clearly the best RB on the team this year IMO. I preferred Gus over Walton all year, but when Gus got his chance at the end of the year he didn't take advantage. Walton outperformed Gus.

I've always been on Vern's side about liking Gus. For me personally - it's not about touting Gus as a great RB. It's just super annoying to hear people say Gus shouldn't ever get a carry but Walton is a stud RB #1 draft pick.

It would be like saying "Rayshawn Jenkins is a 1st Round draft pick, but Jamal Carter should never have even played at Miami!" It makes no sense. You may prefer one over the other, but their talent level is pretty similar.

So thru the first 8 games this year when Walton had 130 carries and Gus had 16 carries - that also made no sense (to me at least).

Good **** right here.

Walton's vision has always been a problem and this solidifies the point many on here were making all year complaining about Yearby's lack of touches.

With a freshman QB starting next year we need Walton to make significant improvement if we're to win 10 regular season games.

Advertisement
Issue I've always had with Gus is that he doesn't run anywhere near as violently as a guy with his frame should. He's an average to slightly above average talent.....nothing more.

Advertisement
I think as canes fans we all want to see Gus succeed. But I think at this point, at least at UM, he will be a career backup. He probably knows this and this is the reason he wants to transfer.

Lamar Miller still cashing checks bro!!!! I bet Gus makes an NFL roster. Could see him fitting in well with the Patriots.

I remember Auburn when they had Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. Never heard of Brandon Jacobs until he was with the Giants where he had a nice career. Come to find out he was 3rd string behind Williams and Brown at Auburn.

I think Gus is elite. There are few guys that have his speed and agility at his size. Stop comparing him to Walton and other cause there is no comparison. He's a different type of back. He's not them and they aren't him. When he has decent blocking, he will "show out!!!" You all just hating cause he wants to transfer for more playing time. You have such a hardon for shake-n-bake scatbacks that you don't appreciate a different style of runner. Just Stop it!!!!!!

I live near Savannah, GA and met Brandon Jacobs on a plane as he was flying back to Huntsville, AL. Whoever the coach was at Auburn at the time wanted him to move to LB after Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown joined the team. After seeing him in person, I would not want to be a DB trying to tackle him.

Side note, those Williams and Brown were both drafted ahead of Frank Gore, but we all knew who had the more prolific NFL career.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back