Gustavo Edwards

he took a step back this year for me, he couldve taken the opportunity to really be a go to #2 with the issues Yearby was having with the staff. But the staff still didnt see enough to trust him so they just used him to spell Walton a couple of plays here and there, bc he is oddly soft as **** when it comes to wanting to dish out contact and drive through tackles for somebody that's 6'2 230lbs??? no excuse for it and i like Gus Edwards but gotta call it like i see it.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Gus chose Miami because of James Coley.

I'm also pretty sure Gus was recruited to be a pro-style fullback.

The only reason he's received any looks as a feature back is because of all the misses our staff has had. If Michel, or Cook, or any of those backs that selected Florida were on the Miami roster, Gus wouldn't even be in the discussion.

And if the Gray kid could hold on to the ball and knew the playbook, he would have played over Gus.

Y'all guys hyping Gus' physical ability are countering your own point. The fact that he's probably bigger and faster that Yearby and Walton, but can't get on the field over them is an indictment of Gus. Blame the injury if y'all want, but the dude was terrible after Duke went down and we had to rely on him. He was average the following season. And he was average last season.

I don't care where he transfers. And I doubt he does anything in the NFL. Duke Johnson isn't tearing the league up, and Gus wasn't/isn't close to Duke's level.

Except James Coley's offense rarely ever used a fullback. On the rare occasion they used a fullback, it was a walk-on. There was no scholarship fullback during Coley's tenure.

Except James Coley's offense rarely ever used a fullback. On the rare occasion they used a fullback, it was a walk-on. There was no scholarship fullback during Coley's tenure.

There were scholarship fullbacks. Coley inherited Mo Haggens, and they signed Walter Tucker to be a fullback.

Gus was also signed to play that position, IMO.

James Coley came the same year Gus came. And Gus de-committed from Syracuse after an FSU visit. He was going to play for Coley ...

I always thought Coley intended to use our FB the same way FSU used Lonnie Pryor.

Advertisement
Just heard Richt on the radio a little while ago. When asked about Edwards, he said that while Gus hasn't transferred yet, they're not planning on him being here next season.

Advertisement

The only reason he's received any looks as a feature back is because of all the misses our staff has had. If Michel, or Cook, or any of those backs that selected Florida were on the Miami roster, Gus wouldn't even be in the discussion.

And if the Gray kid could hold on to the ball and knew the playbook, he would have played over Gus.

Y'all guys hyping Gus' physical ability are countering your own point. The fact that he's probably bigger and faster that Yearby and Walton, but can't get on the field over them is an indictment of Gus. Blame the injury if y'all want, but the dude was terrible after Duke went down and we had to rely on him. He was average the following season. And he was average last season.

I don't care where he transfers. And I doubt he does anything in the NFL. Duke Johnson isn't tearing the league up, and Gus wasn't/isn't close to Duke's level.

Trolling at its finest

How funny you say he was average the following season when he didn't even play due to a foot injury lol.. you can't make this stuff up

Trolling at its finest

How funny you say he was average the following season when he didn't even play due to a foot injury lol.. you can't make this stuff up

Shameful!

You're the biggest "Gus fan" on this board, and don't know his history ...

Dude got hurt his 3rd year ... He was healthy in 2013 and 2014. And he was average in BOTH seasons. And I'm being generous by calling him "average" ...

Gus Edwards Profile - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Advertisement

Trolling at its finest

Shameful!

You're the biggest "Gus fan" on this board, and don't know his history ...

Dude got hurt his 3rd year ... He was healthy in 2013 and 2014. And he was average in BOTH seasons. And I'm being generous by calling him "average" ...

Gus Edwards Profile - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Excuse me I thought you were referring to after Duke's last year.... and im curious how you consider him average? By what standards are you going by ? cause you cant be going statistical here... ANd you also say He couldnt get time over Yearby..but he did?..

Let him go.

He should've never been at Miami.

He's not very good.

Was never better than Walton or Yearby.
How dare you!!

He's easily one the best RB's in Miami history... If he leaves we don't stand a chance this year and should forfeit the season!

Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's this thing called sarcasm...

Sorry its hard to identify it on here lol

What are our thoughts on him still being undecided about where he'll play next year?
Seems like he'd be the clear front-runner for the RB2 job ahead of Homer, Gray, Burns.
Was just browsing though Tyshon Dye's twitter follows and he's following a million guys from a million different schools. Definitely not a foregone conclusion that he's coming here. Tom Brown can really redeem himself by convincing Edwards to stick it out here.

LOL You have no idea what you're talking about. Homer is better than Walton and we will see it soon.

Advertisement
Let him go.

He should've never been at Miami.

He's not very good.

Was never better than Walton or Yearby.
How dare you!!

He's easily one the best RB's in Miami history... If he leaves we don't stand a chance this year and should forfeit the season!

Wtf?

There's this thing called sarcasm...

Sorry its hard to identify it on here lol

Type less. Read more.

Advertisement
Back