Gus gone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
STRONG ISLAND represent, would be the best player on Rutgers day 1.

Its official

Link to article
Miami Hurricanes announce RB Gus Edwards to transfer from program - State of The U

Miami Hurricanes announce RB Gus Edwards to transfer from program

On Wednesday afternoon, Miami Hurricanes athletics announced RB Gus Edwards’ announced his intention to transfer from the program.

The press release from the Athletic Department is below:

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami announced Wednesday that running back Gus Edwards plans to transfer from the football program.

“Gus indicated to me that he would like to explore the possibility of other opportunities to continue his football career and we have given him permission to do that,” head coach Mark Richt said.

Edwards had 59 carries for 290 yards and one touchdown this past season as a redshirt junior. The Staten Island, N.Y., native appeared in 35 games over three seasons with the Hurricanes, making one start. For his career, Edwards rushed for 977 yards and 12 touchdowns on 186 carries.
This move had been rumored for some time. Edwards was seemingly in the doghouse for much of the 2016 season. While he had a resurgence of sorts, supplanting Joseph Yearby for the backup RB role over the season’s final 4 games, that wasn’t enough to keep Edwards around for his 5th year.

We wish Gus all the best as he looks to complete his college career elsewhere.

Advertisement
I was a fan of Gus Edwards man... I can understand though. He wants to be the featured back and in the year he was going to have that opportunity in 2015 he got hurt

Can't say this is a good thing.

Mark Walton
Travis Homer
Anthony McFarland (hopefully...plus coming off a major injury)
Brittle Burns (can't make it thru an entire high school game, let alone a college football season)
Choc Gray (coming off major injury AND rumored to possibly be leaving as well)

That's our RB Depth chart. Thin as ****.

Advertisement
I was a fan of Gus Edwards man... I can understand though. He wants to be the featured back and in the year he was going to have that opportunity in 2015 he got hurt

Not being a a$$ but why are you a fan of his. Yearby runs harder than him and is half the size. In his 3 years running the ball he has not done anything against a half way decent opponent and arguably the worst running back we've had in over 20 years.

Can't say this is a good thing.

Mark Walton
Travis Homer
Anthony McFarland (hopefully...plus coming off a major injury)
Brittle Burns (can't make it thru an entire high school game, let alone a college football season)
Choc Gray (coming off major injury AND rumored to possibly be leaving as well)

That's our RB Depth chart. Thin as ****.

How is it any different from our depth this past season?

We had Walton/Yearby and then everyone else

Now it's Walton/Homer (will be better than Yearby IMO) and then everyone else

Assuming McFarland comes, I think we will be just fine

Wish Yearby stayed. Realize his circumstance but leaving early is bad for both parties IMO.

Best of luck to Gus.. seems like a good young man

Advertisement
Back