Gus gone

Advertisement
Kid is not a RB. He could be an ALL PRO fullback if he had the right mindset. His body type reminds me of Tony Richardson.

Really makes me wonder about the Richt-Yearby relationship. Had to be more going on behind the scenes. I figured Gus got all of Yearby's carries because Richt got wind that Yearby was leaving early. But we have all heard for months about Gus thinking about leaving, and he still was rewarding him with Yearby's carries at the end of the season. Perhaps that was just a last ditch effort to keep Gus on board. Still hoping we convince Courtel to stick around.

You are right, clearly it was personal issues with the staff and the player. If Gus was truly better noway you let him walk after you bench the prior year 1K yard RB who would surely be moving on at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Need a blocking back now. Gus gone, Yearby gone, Marquez gone. Who's gonna be the blocking back?

Advertisement
Good luck to the young man. His dream was to play here and he came to the realization that he just wasn't ever going to be the man. Dreams die and hopefully this next one works out for him.

Gus the bus, he's pulled out of the parking lot and we'll see where the road takes him.

Advertisement
With all of the rich running back talent between FL, GA, SC, NC & VA, why the fawk do we have to go to NY to get a running back? Then we act surprised when they don't work out. Best of luck to the kid but the days of Stephen McGuire should be long over. The talent in NY (outside of several prep schools) is subpar compared to the rest of those states.

Advertisement
Sounds like Gus heading to Cuse at least that was the rumored destination before.

Isn't the general rule that you can't transfer to an opponent on next years schedule? Just asking here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's up to the coaches. I'm pretty sure Richt is of the opinion that players should be allowed to transfer anywhere, which I think is the right move.

Choc will follow shortly I'd imagine.

Walton, Homer, Burns, McFarland will have to do.

****, I guess we'll have to live with four 4-Star RBs.

McFarland, Homer, and Burns all have an element of speed and quickness that we haven't seen for a while. So long as the OL is serviceable, we will have plenty of play makers on the field to break in a new QB and win games.

Sounds like Gus heading to Cuse at least that was the rumored destination before.

Isn't the general rule that you can't transfer to an opponent on next years schedule? Just asking here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's up to the coaches. I'm pretty sure Richt is of the opinion that players should be allowed to transfer anywhere, which I think is the right move.
I didn't think there were any restrictions on graduate transfers but I could be wrong about that.

Advertisement
Back