Gus gone

If he is thinking Rutgers, then he'll have to compete with Robert Martin who is a very solid back. Edwards gets at least 100 to 150 carries if he stayed at Miami especially with a new starting quarterback. That being said Edwards is limited in the passing game. Not a great receiver and average in pass pro. He'd be best served to move to an FCS program and be the guy. This also signals to me that McFarland is coming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was a fan of Gus Edwards man... I can understand though. He wants to be the featured back and in the year he was going to have that opportunity in 2015 he got hurt

Not being a a$$ but why are you a fan of his. Yearby runs harder than him and is half the size. In his 3 years running the ball he has not done anything against a half way decent opponent and arguably the worst running back we've had in over 20 years.

Danny Dillard ?

Advertisement
I am usually pretty positive about this staff but I think they did Yearby wrong by trying to get Gus to stay by playing him over Yearby the last few games. Unless I'm not aware of something Yearby did wrong to be in the dog house. But I remember Thomas Brown saying stuff like he should have played him more and such. But if you think Gus was better than Yearby you're crazy IMO, Gus should NEVER play over Yearby. Yearby had been consistent in running, blitz pickup, and in the passing game. Gus does not offer all of that.

But it really doesn't matter anymore now, good luck Gus, you're still a Cane to me.

Some of you guys just don't get it. The starting RB, Walton, was running down in kickoff coverage last season. That's not ideal to say the least. Need depth for ST, which is why you can't redshirt anyone.

wish him the best! Cant wait to see Homer get it!

And McFarland/burns

no offense, but Burns would get hurt going against Gulliver LBs in practice, what do think is gonna happens when Shaq puts a lick on him?

That joke was funny the first 10x it was used. We get it. Burns is your target.

Love the kids size and speed. Not trying to be funny, being practical... The kid was always hurt, and he was going up against a bunch of rich little white kids in practice. Hard to think he can contribute in anyway if he hasn't been healthy in years...

Advertisement
Was one of the few Miami caliber players Al golden recruited to Miami but.. was poorly developed.. sadly.. another highly touted athlete under Al Golden has bitten the dust.

Some of you guys just don't get it. The starting RB, Walton, was running down in kickoff coverage last season. That's not ideal to say the least. Need depth for ST, which is why you can't redshirt anyone.

Bama's starters play ST, Florida's and FSU just to name a few. Walton wasn't on there due to depth issues. He was on there because of what he brings to that unit

Advertisement
How to go from a crowded position with plenty of depth to be paper thin in a couple of weeks.

Choc will follow shortly I'd imagine.

Walton, Homer, Burns, McFarland will have to do.

Advertisement
Hope it seals the deal for A.Mac.
Assuming he joins Burns and both are healed up, depth should only be a problem in Spring.
Bon Chance to Gus. May he finally live up to his billing.

Bama's starters play ST, Florida's and FSU just to name a few. Walton wasn't on there due to depth issues. He was on there because of what he brings to that unit

Everyone has some starters on special teams. But you don't want your starting running back running down field tackling on kickoff. I don't remember Cook, Henry or Fournette ever running down the field in kickoff coverage. You especially don't want you starting RB doing it when you're only going to have 4 scholarship running backs; 2 of which are true freshman(including one who is so injury prone he hasn't really seen the HS field for two years) and the other has only played a couple dozen snaps in cleaning up time. Walton gets a concussion on ST's and you're going to have some major issues.

Really makes me wonder about the Richt-Yearby relationship. Had to be more going on behind the scenes. I figured Gus got all of Yearby's carries because Richt got wind that Yearby was leaving early. But we have all heard for months about Gus thinking about leaving, and he still was rewarding him with Yearby's carries at the end of the season. Perhaps that was just a last ditch effort to keep Gus on board. Still hoping we convince Courtel to stick around.

I could never figure out how a RB his size wasn't a between the tackles runner and went down so easily with contact. He looked the part, but I just didn't see him being anything more than serviceable backup. We'd have been in serious trouble if he'd been forced to be the starting RB due to injury- regardless of the place on the depth chart, that's not good for a RB at the U.

Advertisement
Back