Gus gone

Sounds like Gus heading to Cuse at least that was the rumored destination before.

Isn't the general rule that you can't transfer to an opponent on next years schedule? Just asking here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's up to the coaches. I'm pretty sure Richt is of the opinion that players should be allowed to transfer anywhere, which I think is the right move.
I didn't think there were any restrictions on graduate transfers but I could be wrong about that.

not sure about that either, but with Richt as HC it doesn't matter anyway because he doesn't care where a kid transfers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was one of the few Miami caliber players Al golden recruited to Miami but.. was poorly developed.. sadly.. another highly touted athlete under Al Golden has bitten the dust.

*****-Please-Shonuff-The-Last-Dragon-GIF.jpg

Vernell 977 yards in 3 seasons... real tears

Both walton and yeaby had 1,000 yd seasons

Advertisement
With all of the rich running back talent between FL, GA, SC, NC & VA, why the fawk do we have to go to NY to get a running back? Then we act surprised when they don't work out. Best of luck to the kid but the days of Stephen McGuire should be long over. The talent in NY (outside of several prep schools) is subpar compared to the rest of those states.

Stephen mcguire says hello

Good luck to the dude!!!

I hope that any other Cane that want to leave the program go ahead and make it know sooner than later. We need player in the program who want to be in the program.

Advertisement
It's a smart move for Gus. Walton is clearly the lead back. Homer is obviously a superior talent. If Gus wants a chance at the NFL he needs to start somewhere. Can't blame him. We will be fine. Walton, Homer and McFarland were all top 10 backs coming out of HS. Add Burns to the mix and it's clear.

It's a smart move for Gus. Walton is clearly the lead back. Homer is obviously a superior talent. If Gus wants a chance at the NFL he needs to start somewhere. Can't blame him. We will be fine. Walton, Homer and McFarland were all top 10 backs coming out of HS. Add Burns to the mix and it's clear.

aside from Mark Walton, u really dont hear richt praise many golden kids. he seems like he could care less when they want to leave or transfer.

Advertisement

aside from Mark Walton, u really dont hear richt praise many golden kids. he seems like he could care less when they want to leave or transfer.

Agree, Richt does not seem bothered in the least. If you are Gus and you're looking at those 4 backs on the roster you know you are toast.

I referenced Stephen McGuire, 305. When was the last great running back out of New York? LOL. Stephen McGuire?

With all of the rich running back talent between FL, GA, SC, NC & VA, why the fawk do we have to go to NY to get a running back? Then we act surprised when they don't work out. Best of luck to the kid but the days of Stephen McGuire should be long over. The talent in NY (outside of several prep schools) is subpar compared to the rest of those states.

Stephen mcguire says hello

Life is a lot about luck. Gus was going to be our go to back and he broke his foot. Good luck to him.

Advertisement
Back