Gus Felder new S&C coach

Advertisement
I don't know when did our fans became experts at strength and conditioning of football players. I have no idea what's the process and of getting players ready to play college football. I'll trust Richt with all that. It's just crazy the whining that goes on here even on issues like this where u can't really just quantify these things even after the win awards.

One guy on here said snatches, cleans, etc...were useless because it gave him no "pump" and it's alla bout the 20rep lighweight and that's what we should be doing..

in s hort 99% of these guys on here have zero clue on anything weighlifting related. 0. NONE.

And you are a S&C coach for Miami? that doesn't know **** about HIT. Stop talking **** about things you know nothing about. 20 reps light weight what the funk is that? Some HIIT cardio workout.

Most important thing he says is at 1:22 in that video IMO.

Agree and that should be true for any style/system not just HIT. Jist happy that swasey is gone. Feel bad for Brad Roll as he likely is canned a second time by Miami.

Advertisement
lol no one cares about your opinion. last i checked, you've never coached a day in your life. let the guy we spent 4 mill on do his job and judge his work in the fall. you dont know **** about anything other than whatever google tells you.

So only college football coaches should give their opinions on here?

The problem is you are complaining about every single ****in move. Richt has won 145 games so i think he knows what the **** he is doing. Yes he can still make bad hires but with the success he has had he has made moe good decisions than bad.

That's not true. I like Mark Richt, Coach Kool, and Searls. I like the RB coach. I hated the Diaz hire initially but I'd call it "average" now. I don't like the Safeties coach, CB coach, TE coach, or Richt hiring his son. I don't like the S&C hire if this guy is the head guy.

So you see, I like some hires and dislike others.

Agreed.

I think the Richt hire is Average. Richt was fired for Under-Achieving at UGA. Now all of a sudden he is a Stud. MR hasn't produced anything since 2005.

Average hires are in line with who Richt is. After being hired by Miami, Richt did not raid top programs for elite assistants. Outside of Coach Kool, Richt hired average Assistants.

Lol. Best post ever. Take a look at Uga pre richt. He built that program to what it is after Dooley left. They were a mediocre program before richt

So what ever happened to the big bucks Miami was going to spend on a staff. We have no actual OC. DC was from a low end SEC school who was a toxic name in the business. OL is a solid journeyman. DL is a stud hire. S&C are two assistants. And everything else is guys with minimal or no experience.

I was told that they would spend 4+ on the head coach and they did exactly that. As far as assistants, when all the details come out about salaries then we'll be able to compare against other programs.

Do we really know how much they spent on him? The man got fired from his last gig and his opportunities to coach were here or UVA. We werent exactly bidding on some hot commodity.

And it was made clear multiple times that Miami was going to have a large budget for assistants. Clearly not the case given who we ended up with.

Yes, it was confirmed we spent 4 mill on richt and it was reported somewhere we were spending 3 ,I'll on a staff. You also don't know how much any of the assistants will make so stop speculating without facts jackass.

I watched Georgia in their bowl game and those players would have kicked our teams *** and stole their lunch money. They look like men. We still have guys running around looking like Jacory Harris.

So only college football coaches should give their opinions on here?

The problem is you are complaining about every single ****in move. Richt has won 145 games so i think he knows what the **** he is doing. Yes he can still make bad hires but with the success he has had he has made moe good decisions than bad.

That's not true. I like Mark Richt, Coach Kool, and Searls. I like the RB coach. I hated the Diaz hire initially but I'd call it "average" now. I don't like the Safeties coach, CB coach, TE coach, or Richt hiring his son. I don't like the S&C hire if this guy is the head guy.

So you see, I like some hires and dislike others.

Agreed.

I think the Richt hire is Average. Richt was fired for Under-Achieving at UGA. Now all of a sudden he is a Stud. MR hasn't produced anything since 2005.

Average hires are in line with who Richt is. After being hired by Miami, Richt did not raid top programs for elite assistants. Outside of Coach Kool, Richt hired average Assistants.

Lol. Best post ever. Take a look at Uga pre richt. He built that program to what it is after Dooley left. They were a mediocre program before richt

Interesting. Let's examine UGA Pre-Richt

1997: 10-2 AP#10
1998: 9-3 AP#14
1999: 8-4 AP#14
2000: 8-4 AP#20

35-13

That is very Interesting.

Also, the 4 years Pre-Richt are very similar to Richt's last 4 years! Richt was 39-13 over his last 4 years.

If he inherited a Mediocre UGA Program, HE LEFT A MEDIOCRE PROGRAM!

Try again!

Advertisement
I watched Georgia in their bowl game and those players would have kicked our teams *** and stole their lunch money. They look like men. We still have guys running around looking like Jacory Harris.

But they were soft. Golden probably Pillarizes UGA. LOL

I don't love that we're getting a guy who was fired from Penn State, but he has to be an upgrade over Swasey. I mean we had punters talking **** to our guys the last few years.

I don't know when did our fans became experts at strength and conditioning of football players. I have no idea what's the process and of getting players ready to play college football. I'll trust Richt with all that. It's just crazy the whining that goes on here even on issues like this where u can't really just quantify these things even after the win awards.

One guy on here said snatches, cleans, etc...were useless because it gave him no "pump" and it's alla bout the 20rep lighweight and that's what we should be doing..

in s hort 99% of these guys on here have zero clue on anything weighlifting related. 0. NONE.

Maybe we'd have more knowledge if masters like you weren't so secretive about your workouts.

Maybe we'd have more knowledge if masters like you weren't so secretive about your workouts.
"Maybe"

Advertisement
I prefer the HATCH system to the HIT system Georgia uses frankly. Our players had a transition in 1998-2000 when Moffet came in and installed the HATCH system. A lot more functional core strength and endurance it seemed. Speed picked up when some of the skill position guys began to run track. I know some of them still do but that trend needs to continue.

I prefer the HATCH system to the HIT system Georgia uses frankly. Our players had a transition in 1998-2000 when Moffet came in and installed the HATCH system. A lot more functional core strength and endurance it seemed. Speed picked up when some of the skill position guys began to run track. I know some of them still do but that trend needs to continue.

Miami has never used HIT for football outside of a few players from 95-98 using it because Hewitt didn't care.

Also, Moffitt was here 98-99 and left Jan 2000.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Most important thing he says is at 1:22 in that video IMO.

Agree and that should be true for any style/system not just HIT. Jist happy that swasey is gone. Feel bad for Brad Roll as he likely is canned a second time by Miami.

Brad was never fired by Miami. He left to take the Tampa Bay Buccaneers SC job when their SC was killed in a car accident.

At best we can call it a mutual parting but it sure didn't look like he was moving on to green jobs. When you walk out middle of the day dropping F bombs and throwing ****... Doesn't look like someone taking a better job.

No we don't, if anything we have too many fat guys

for me it all come down to wording. im sure felder, and the other 2 guys are coming to miami. i think we can bet on that. but when a story says its assumed felder will head up the s&c program but we can't get any confirmation and people take it as fact when they can't even verify if thats true and get all up in arms is ridiculous.

yes felder could head up s& c and he could not. there were rumors corey raymond was coming to miami also how did that go. richt could still hire ivey if he wants to head up s&c program u can have 5 s& c staff m embers and so far thats only 3 that i can see coming. so 2 spots left.

Advertisement
Back