Gus Edwards Out For Season

Advertisement
The blowjobfest for Collins is ridiculous. Is he good, yes. Is he that much better than Walton or Yearby, no. He averaged less than 4 YPC vs the SEC last year if you take away the A&M game which had a historically horrendous defense. Cook ****s all over Collins.

Alex Collins Game By Game Stats and Performance - Arkansas Razorbacks - ESPN

they play real teams weekly with no OL......AC is a boss of a RB

when u see a sec defense your looking at miami 15 years ago

ha..you serious? look at the whole of the sec defenses from the last couple years..almost all of them suck.. are you paying any attention?

but there top heavy, i mean of course the whole conference isnt going to be good. i bet if alex was in orange n green alot of u guys would be slurping, he puts on a dif jersey and he garbage. not saying u just saying the fans here r retarded as ****

The guys proved ineffective vs top tier competition when other RBs, including his own teammate, have outplayed him. Every time we have an issue at RB some retards around here act like he'd the GD savior. Add Skai Moore to that list.

I am just happy because we landed all of those S FL rbs.....

Yearby, Walton and choc, yeah I'm glad we got them too.... Stfu b*tching

Rank those amongst local talent lost..

1.Cook
2.Collins
3.Michel
4. Maybe one of ours about Scarlett at best

1. I don't think many realize how talented Mark Walton is. He will be a major breakout player on the national seen. I have known some who know talent and they think
he is the most talented running back to come out of the county since Frank Gore,and he will proven to be as good or better the 4 you listed above

2. Did people forget what Joe Yearby can do toting the rock, plus he is excellent coming out of the backfield as a receiver

3 Choc, if he protects the ball is capable of doing some great things.

Lets not try to make a disaster of everything. I actually believe this threesome will be as good as most teams in the nation.
It is as good as we have had depth wise in a long time.

Advertisement
This will be the arc of our RB's this season on this board:

Yearby/Gray/Walton will be crowned as All-Amercians after the first 2 games (not true)
Yearby/Gray/Walton will all be torn apart because they suck by the end of October (also not true)

It's just a good group of solid RB's, who will at times flash talent and make some big plays.

Everyone wants them to be consistent playmakers, which they are not.

Yearby/Gray/Walton will be crowned as All-Amercians after the first 2 games (not true)
Yearby/Gray/Walton will all be torn apart because they suck by the end of October (also not true)

It's just a good group of solid RB's, who will at times flash talent and make some big plays.

What are you basing the conclusion that they are not consistent playmakers on? Yearby was a spectacular high school back who was one of the best in Florida, and he had an excellent freshman year despite coming off a major injury. Walton is considered one of the top RB recruits. Gray is the real question mark, but he's got a combination of power and an extra gear that would make him dangerous if he gets it together.

Don't understand why people are downplaying Yearby and Walton when those are two backs that are right up there with the various backs that we have "missed" over the years, and if they didn't come here, we'd be hearing about how we "missed" on those two stud backs.

Advertisement
Quick Al call Arkansas, Notre Dame, Fl State, Georgia or Florida and see if some of those guys you ran off can come home?

End of the year interview w/ Al Golden:

"Well you know Joe, this season fell apart b/c we lost our unquestioned leader in Gus Edwards at running back. The team never recovered. It's really hard to win at this level when you don't have a full roster. I mean between the cloud and losing one of our glue guys, what could you expect?
I thought the guys fought hard every game, but at the end of the day, it is what it is. We're still being affected by the cloud, and as you can see, this is the result when you don't have the proper depth that's needed to compete at an elite level. I'm proud of my guys and all we accomplished this year. The record is not an indication of what we accomplished this year.
Did we want to win more games? Of course...no team wants to lose like we lost this year; but we have to put things in perspective. We have an upgraded training facility. We're still a top 50 school, academically. We now have lights to practice at night, something this school never had before. Our facilities have been upgraded. We play at a world class stadium and this is only year two being removed from the cloud. Things are trending up...the wins will come eventually, but we're doing a lot of positive things around here at Miami.
Right now, it is what it is; we're disappointed we didn't make it to a bowl game this year, but we're moving forward. Hey, I got to focus on recruiting now. We have some kids that want to come here to make us better, to bring competition to every position. We're moving forward...this is still a top institution on the landscape and that's what we're selling. The kids in that locker room know what we're doing here, we're building something here."

****Mark it down...that will be his verbatim*****

What are you basing the conclusion that they are not consistent playmakers on? Yearby was a spectacular high school back who was one of the best in Florida, and he had an excellent freshman year despite coming off a major injury. Walton is considered one of the top RB recruits. Gray is the real question mark, but he's got a combination of power and an extra gear that would make him dangerous if he gets it together.

Don't understand why people are downplaying Yearby and Walton when those are two backs that are right up there with the various backs that we have "missed" over the years, and if they didn't come here, we'd be hearing about how we "missed" on those two stud backs.

I base it on the fact that Yearby and Walton were behind Edwards on the depth chart. I like Gus and think he would've been our best RB this year. I feel bad for him. But I don't think he's anywhere near the talent Cook, Michel, Collins or Scarlett are. So the fact Yearby was 2nd on the depth chart and Walton was 4th means I don't expect them to be game changers, or they would've beaten Gus out.

Just My Opinion, but based on your points:

"Yearby was a spectacular high school back who was one of the best in Florida" - He was very good in HS but you could see the huge difference in talent between Yearby and Cook playing on the same team. It was obvious Cook was on a different level talent wise. I always thought Yearby was rated too highly.

"Yearby had an excellent freshman year despite coming off a major injury" - I'd say he had a solid Freshman season, but not excellent. Duke had an excellent Freshman season. Yearby got most of his yards against the bad teams we played. And it wasn't a "major" injury. He had a broken ankle. Same injury Duke had a month before Yearby. Both ready to go and could have practiced last Spring, but were held out as a precaution. Both were 100% recovered by last Fall.

"Walton is considered one of the top RB recruits" - Yes, but Scarlett was on another level talent wise. Recruiting rankings are just opinions, and my opinion is he was more a high 3 star than a 4/5 star. Like Yearby, he's good but not great.

Advertisement
You know what's pitiful is that losing an average player like this matters to this crappy team.

I base it on the fact that Yearby and Walton were behind Edwards on the depth chart. I like Gus and think he would've been our best RB this year. I feel bad for him. But I don't think he's anywhere near the talent Cook, Michel, Collins or Scarlett are. So the fact Yearby was 2nd on the depth chart and Walton was 4th means I don't expect them to be game changers, or they would've beaten Gus out.

Just My Opinion, but based on your points:

"Yearby was a spectacular high school back who was one of the best in Florida" - He was very good in HS but you could see the huge difference in talent between Yearby and Cook playing on the same team. It was obvious Cook was on a different level talent wise. I always thought Yearby was rated too highly.

"Yearby had an excellent freshman year despite coming off a major injury" - I'd say he had a solid Freshman season, but not excellent. Duke had an excellent Freshman season. Yearby got most of his yards against the bad teams we played. And it wasn't a "major" injury. He had a broken ankle. Same injury Duke had a month before Yearby. Both ready to go and could have practiced last Spring, but were held out as a precaution. Both were 100% recovered by last Fall.

"Walton is considered one of the top RB recruits" - Yes, but Scarlett was on another level talent wise. Recruiting rankings are just opinions, and my opinion is he was more a high 3 star than a 4/5 star. Like Yearby, he's good but not great.

So your arguments for Yearby and Walton being lower tier are based on your version of recruiting rankings vs. that of all the recruiting services and top experts.

Advertisement
It's #TheKidIsReady

fl-miami-hurricanes-football-0808-20150807

@ByTimReynolds: Now, some good news for Canes fans: Told tonight that Mark Walton "was one of the best players on the field" in 2nd camp scrimmage.

Lulz at that being good news. A true freshman is one of the best players on the field in golden's fifth year. Lmao.

You can't deny greatness. Nick Chubb was one of the best players on UGA (freshman), Lenoard Fournette, Todd Gurley, Duke Johnson, etc. All were dominant as true freshman.

Walton isn't half as good as a single guy on the list. Please shut up.

Really? Lol. Ahhhhhhhhh Ok. Walton is a beast and takes a back seat to no one. He dominated in Dade. Thanks.

Advertisement
Back