Gus Edwards Out For Season

Sure would like Cook, Collins, Mitchell, Dex, Cronk, Scarlett, or ya know any of the 15 or so RB we lost. I think Walton is the starter by FSU honestly.

Advertisement
It's #TheKidIsReady

fl-miami-hurricanes-football-0808-20150807

@ByTimReynolds: Now, some good news for Canes fans: Told tonight that Mark Walton "was one of the best players on the field" in 2nd camp scrimmage.

Lulz at that being good news. A true freshman is one of the best players on the field in golden's fifth year. Lmao.

You can't deny greatness. Nick Chubb was one of the best players on UGA (freshman), Lenoard Fournette, Todd Gurley, Duke Johnson, etc. All were dominant as true freshman.

I'm not trying to be funny but I don't think he's an immediate playmaker like them. Despite being lauded for his hard work, wasn't he still adjusting? He is not as big as Chubb and Fornette or as explosive as Duke.

This really sucks. Feel bad for Gus as I really like the kid. Inexcusable for RB depth to look like it does in year 5 given where we are located and all the stud RBs that have been there for the taking. Sony, Dalvin Cook, Cronkrite, Scarlett, Collins, Powell and Williams. I honestly didn't think it possible to actually miss on all of them.

Luckily for us, Yearby, Walton and Gray aren't exactly JAG material. Those kids can play and they belong here. Having said that, to be in this situation in year 5 is an embarrassment and a direct reflection of Golden's incompetence.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Too bad for Gus Edwards. No further room for injuries at the RB position due to Golden not being able to close the deal on so many RB's the last three years!!

This hurts, but we only really played 3 guys last season, and most of the time it was just Duke and Yearby. Hopefully no more injuries, but missing out on all those local studs could bit us in the *** this season. Even though I don't see anything special with Collins or Cronkite.

Advertisement
A lot of hypocrisy on here today I see. I read all summer on here how Gus wasn't that good and how most on here had given up on him. Now that he's gone, we just lost the second coming of Jim brown and the season is lost. Lol. Make up your mind kids. Smh.

All that said, I hope he recovers and gets ready for next year. Time for Yearby to show he can be the man like dalvin cook. He got two kids to feed so he needs this opportunity. He and Walton should be able to hold things down. No excuses for golden.

Advertisement
This hurts, but we only really played 3 guys last season, and most of the time it was just Duke and Yearby. Hopefully no more injuries, but missing out on all those local studs could bit us in the *** this season. Even though I don't see anything special with Collins or Cronkite.

How don't you see anything special with a back that splits carries and has consecutive 1k seasons?

@ByTimReynolds 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: Miami says RB Gus Edwards out for season with left foot injury. School 1st believed matter was minor; more tests showed otherwise.

Wish the kid a quick and healthy recovery...!

Advertisement
Back