Gurvan Hall

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but this coaching staff trying to convince me that Knowles is better than Hall is downright insulting. Aside from just walking out on to the field and laying down, what can Hall do that’s worse than what Knowles has given us?

Advertisement
I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but this coaching staff trying to convince me that Knowles is better than Hall is downright insulting. Aside from just walking out on to the field and laying down, what can Hall do that’s worse than what Knowles has given us?

Knowles and Jones are just two head-scratchers.

Mike Smith is a serviceable lb...I remember when some people on here were saying he had no position because he was a hand in the dirt guy, he turned out to be a stand up guy (in more ways than one), I for one am very confident when he is in the game. In many regards he is more competent than the guy he replaces. Now Robert Knowles is a horse of a whole different color, he is constantly out of position and can't cover his foot with a sock even if you gave him the directions.

Kinda crazy when you see Bama and other top squads consistently play talented freshmen.

Let talented guys get reps....they’ll make mistakes....but they’ll make plays too.

Growing pains are ok with young dudes. Not sure why we don’t play them more (Nesta, Hall, Ivey, Blades, Lingard, etc)
we play like 20 freshman....wtf are you talking about.

Advertisement
Mike Smith is a serviceable lb...I remember when some people on here were saying he had no position because he was a hand in the dirt guy, he turned out to be a stand up guy (in more ways than one), I for one am very confident when he is in the game. In many regards he is more competent than the guy he replaces. Now Robert Knowles is a horse of a whole different color, he is constantly out of position and can't cover his foot with a sock even if you gave him the directions.

Mike Smith should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Knowles. Not saying Smith is an all American, but he is not a complete liability.

That just happened.
I know everyone has their own personal position they like to complain about, but to me, that's the biggest head-scratcher of them all. How does it always take us so long to adjust to Knowles getting abused in coverage? At this point it should be expected, and if for whatever reason he is the best option we have to send into the game, the adjustments need to go in the minute he does.

I know everyone has their own personal position they like to complain about, but to me, that's the biggest head-scratcher of them all. How does it always take us so long to adjust to Knowles getting abused in coverage? At this point it should be expected, and if for whatever reason he is the best option we have to send into the game, the adjustments need to go in the minute he does.
he and carter are faster their everyone else and they are violent. these kids alone will scare teams from going over the middle. i think they will be way better next year their our current starters. no knock on JJ, they just bring a new level of ability.

Advertisement
Here’s hopingDiaz has an brain stroke idea and starts Hall over Knowles. There’s just no way if Knowles is in the game that we pull away from anyone, much less FIU. He will straight up guarantee at least 2 long TD passes on his watch for sure. Let Nesta play in this game more as well. He’s almost ready for starter minutes behind Willis the way he’s blowing up OL’s. Ivey, Frierson, Blades all should play meaningful minutes as well. It’s time for some of the studs to get some action in live game time, let’s see what they can do.

I’ve already made my feelings on Mr. Knowles known.

I said a very mean thing about him on Saturday which I immensely regret.

I asked Christ for forgiveness yesterday in Church and he granted it to me.

So I will not be discussing Mr. Knowles further.

Thank you.

Dude. You should have said "thank you for respecting my decision, no interviews please."

If we are up by 3 touchdowns and Knowles gets put in the game, I strongly believe it won’t be long before we are up by 2 touchdowns.

The problem is not that Knowles gets put in the game when we are up by three touchdowns.
The real problem is that Knowles has been getting put in the game when we are tied at zero.

Advertisement

We would literally be better off without Knowles on the field than we are with him out there. Anyone else see the play where someone had his hands on the ball carrier (I think it was Bandy, but not sure) and #20 comes flying in and knocks the attempted tackler away, freeing the runner for another 10+ yards? I've tried to find a picture on google, but can't find one. If I can find the time, I'll go back to the game on my DVR and take a screen shot.

I get what guys like @Loose Cannon are saying in disputing the hyperbole that we don't play freshmen, but he would also be the first to agree that a tomato can would do better out there than Knowles, so from that perspective, it's difficult to understand why we still continue to see him out there.

The Knowles situation combined with the fact that Rosier is quantitatively among the least accurate/least efficient passers in D1 rightfully raise questions about whether the coaching staff either A, isn't playing the right players for some stubborn reason, or B, in year three still can't properly prepare guys to get at least replacement level performance on the field out of certain positions.

What we are seeing here is people getting sick of the negativity and responding by lashing out in equal and opposite reaction. Both sides are overstating their case and then saying people either can't accept the truth, or those who are critical are haters rooting against the team. Anyone taking it personally or getting overly worked up about all this need to chillax, dig out their sense of humor, and accept the fact this is a message board doing what a message board does.

Here, I'll say something positive, Romeo Finley is looking good in his role as striker. He had one play early in the game where he was manned up against a Toledo receiver and made a really nice play on the ball with no grabbing or excess contact on the receiver. Liking what I saw from him on Saturday.

The adjustment needed is that he doesn’t need to go in.

Kinda crazy when you see Bama and other top squads consistently play talented freshmen.

Let talented guys get reps....they’ll make mistakes....but they’ll make plays too.

Growing pains are ok with young dudes. Not sure why we don’t play them more (Nesta, Hall, Ivey, Blades, Lingard, etc)
This is crap. We’ve been playing freshmen like crazy since Richt has been here.

Just because we are a couple of games into the season and people think all the freshmen are automatically better, don’t start throwing hyperbole around like this

Advertisement
We would literally be better off without Knowles on the field than we are with him out there. Anyone else see the play where someone had his hands on the ball carrier (I think it was Bandy, but not sure) and #20 comes flying in and knocks the attempted tackler away, freeing the runner for another 10+ yards? I've tried to find a picture on google, but can't find one. If I can find the time, I'll go back to the game on my DVR and take a screen shot.

I get what guys like @Loose Cannon are saying in disputing the hyperbole that we don't play freshmen, but he would also be the first to agree that a tomato can would do better out there than Knowles, so from that perspective, it's difficult to understand why we still continue to see him out there.

The Knowles situation combined with the fact that Rosier is quantitatively among the least accurate/least efficient passers in D1 rightfully raise questions about whether the coaching staff either A, isn't playing the right players for some stubborn reason, or B, in year three still can't properly prepare guys to get at least replacement level performance on the field out of certain positions.

What we are seeing here is people getting sick of the negativity and responding by lashing out in equal and opposite reaction. Both sides are overstating their case and then saying people either can't accept the truth, or those who are critical are haters rooting against the team. Anyone taking it personally or getting overly worked up about all this need to chillax, dig out their sense of humor, and accept the fact this is a message board doing what a message board does.

Here, I'll say something positive, Romeo Finley is looking good in his role as striker. He had one play early in the game where he was manned up against a Toledo receiver and made a really nice play on the ball with no grabbing or excess contact on the receiver. Liking what I saw from him on Saturday.
I saw that play, and agree wholeheartedly here. Gurvin Hall must be seriously struggling to even be in the correct defense for the play, or he's not 100% well enough to play. There is no other excuse that I can think of for Knowles to be getting minutes over him or Carter. We would almost be better off with 10 instead of a guy who is going to get targeted every snap. He's decent as an in the box guy coming down hill in run support, but they're not running the football when he's out there. They see 20 on the field and immediately start checking to deep routes to his side of the field.

I saw that play, and agree wholeheartedly here. Gurvin Hall must be seriously struggling to even be in the correct defense for the play, or he's not 100% well enough to play. There is no other excuse that I can think of for Knowles to be getting minutes over him or Carter. We would almost be better off with 10 instead of a guy who is going to get targeted every snap. He's decent as an in the box guy coming down hill in run support, but they're not running the football when he's out there. They see 20 on the field and immediately start checking to deep routes to his side of the field.

Here it is, the play starts at 13:13. Thanks to @CFR for posting the 20 minute full-game footage.

Bandy's got a shot to make the tackle at the 25, #20 runs right up over the back of #2, knocking him away from the receiver, who then runs free to the end zone for an easy TD. 28-21. This is the kind of play that makes me say crazy things like "we'd actually be better off playing with 10."

This brings me no joy, but I can't understand how a coach can watch the film, then come out and praise the play of this guy in interviews.

Here it is, the play starts at 13:13. Thanks to @CFR for posting the 20 minute full-game footage.

Bandy's got a shot to make the tackle at the 25, #20 runs right up over the back of #2, knocking him away from the receiver, who then runs free to the end zone for an easy TD. 28-21. This is the kind of play that makes me say crazy things like "we'd actually be better off playing with 10."

This brings me no joy, but I can't understand how a coach can watch the film, then come out and praise the play of this guy in interviews.

That was Redwine, but the point still stands that Knowles should never see meaningful snaps on D here.

Advertisement
Back