Grier skipping bowl game, Allison starting

Is this a joke that Grier's skipping the game & Horgelson is all of a sudden going to throw Allison in there? That should really sell game tickets to WVU fans. This won't end well....Allison will get smoked. Shame on Grier....man up & play.

Advertisement
If coaches can use bowl games to experiment with the youth or get them more/some experience, then it certainly would seem fair for athletes to do what is in their best interest as well.

Have zero problem with athletes skipping bowl games to get ready for the combine/NFL.
Lack of loyalty. Not surprising coming from said poster.

I'll gladly eat crow if I end up being wrong but I really think Jack is going to be a big time player there the next two years. I think that system will do a good job of masking his deficiencies giving him some easy reads and making the most of his tremendous arm.

Lack of an intelligent post. Not surprising coming from SAD poster.
Sucks to be at the bottom. Don't it?
original-950322-1.jpg

Advertisement
I'll gladly eat crow if I end up being wrong but I really think Jack is going to be a big time player there the next two years. I think that system will do a good job of masking his deficiencies giving him some easy reads and making the most of his tremendous arm.
He made the best decision to transfer. Richt would have ruined his career.

Urban Meyer 2010 Squad after Tebow averaged: 29 PPG

Jimbo Fisher after Winston left:
2015: 31 PPG
2016: 35 PPG
2017: 33 PPG

Why are you bringing up Gary Patterson, guy is known for defense not offense

Points per game? Try wins, think tank. FYI, TCU and Gary Patterson have a system on offense and defense. So they can just plug players in. How did they go from 11-2 to 6-6?

Any word on why Louisville went from 8-5 to 2-10? Same system. I wonder if the QB had anything to do with it.

Any word on why USC went from 11-3 to 5-7? Same system. I wonder if the QB had anything to do with it.

I’m glad you admitted your position … and that you are out of your element - and that in life and other things your outlook could use some raising. Good for you for finally recognizing that you don’t have to live your life as a bottom feeder.

Great first step. Great. First. Step.
GraciousUnnaturalBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Urban Meyer 2010 Squad after Tebow averaged: 29 PPG

Jimbo Fisher after Winston left:
2015: 31 PPG
2016: 35 PPG
2017: 33 PPG

Why are you bringing up Gary Patterson, guy is known for defense not offense
Points per game? Try wins, think tank. FYI, TCU and Gary Patterson have a system on offense and defense. So they can just plug players in. How did they go from 11-2 to 6-6?

Any word on why Louisville went from 8-5 to 2-10? Same system. I wonder if the QB had anything to do with it.

Any word on why USC went from 11-3 to 5-7? Same system. I wonder if the QB had anything to do with it.

The **** are you talking about? If the offensive production is similar what else would affect wins?

Christ you're an idiot, proven by everything you say being opposite

2010 Florida Gators gave up 30+ points 4 times
2009 Gators 30+ 1 time

But yeah "offense" which what was being discussed

No reason to bother with you, you have zero football knowledge

"UCF is losing to Memphis because of Milton being out, hows their system looking now"

UCF proceeds to drop 50+

Allison probably going to throw for 400 and 5 TDs now

Advertisement
Guess it's time to barricade yourself indoors something bad might happen if you step outside.thought a bowl was a reward for the players and fans besides bad luck doesn't confine itself to a football field.

Advertisement
I agree with skipping bowl games. If you are a good player and draft eligible, you should announce to your teammates that you quit on them. Let's go further - because it will go further - Just quit on your teammates as soon as you are out of contention for whatever you think is personally important. Or if you are in high school and have a 4 or 5 star rating, just wrap yourself in bubble wrap and wait out the 3 years till the draft.

But, seriously, I think any player who skips a bowl to save himself for the draft should be required to stand up before the team and tell them he's too important to play. I understand why they are doing it. But, it's a case of not using an asset for its designed/intended purpose because you think it's too valuable to risk.

If more and more higher-tier draft prospects start to skip bowl games does this correlate to less bowls? Also, will this possible effect usher in an expansion of the playoff? Grier doesn't skip if there is a playoff game instead of a bowl.

I wonder if he gets the bowl swag? Travel with the team?
Dont think it shrinks the number of bowls. Too much tv money

I agree with skipping bowl games. If you are a good player and draft eligible, you should announce to your teammates that you quit on them. Let's go further - because it will go further - Just quit on your teammates as soon as you are out of contention for whatever you think is personally important. Or if you are in high school and have a 4 or 5 star rating, just wrap yourself in bubble wrap and wait out the 3 years till the draft.

But, seriously, I think any player who skips a bowl to save himself for the draft should be required to stand up before the team and tell them he's too important to play. I understand why they are doing it. But, it's a case of not using an asset for its designed/intended purpose because you think it's too valuable to risk.
Quitting on your team is a **** move... till u look at your kid and realize an injury means he’ll grow up in poverty.

I really hate this whole skipping a game thing. It makes sense to me if you were like Tua who got injured or something in the last 2-3 games of the season...but to be completely (relative to a whole season of play) healthy through the last couple weeks plus bowl practice is pretty weak to me.

Agreed.

I understand skipping a bowl game if you’re injured but ‘could play’. You might aggravate the injury. Leaving your team if your healthy is turning your back on your teammates, coaches, school, and fans.

Especially if you’re in a leadership position like Grier.

I understand the chance of a career-ending injury, but how often has this actually happened?

Advertisement
Back