Grier skipping bowl game, Allison starting

Advertisement
Agreed.

I understand skipping a bowl game if you’re injured but ‘could play’. You might aggravate the injury. Leaving your team if your healthy is turning your back on your teammates, coaches, school, and fans.

Especially if you’re in a leadership position like Grier.

I understand the chance of a career-ending injury, but how often has this actually happened?

It doesn't matter, because it's still a distinct possibility. Yep, it may not happen, but that's the same thought that people like Jaylen Smith had, and the last time I checked, no one stepped up to make up the money he missed out on. I don't blame guys for looking out for themselves. Coaches bail on programs before bowl games all the time. No one says anything about them quitting on their team, it's looked at as a business decision. That's exactly what this is. It's a business decision. The guys on the team most likely understand, and they appreciate the things he did for them and the program while he was there. Unless you are in the CFP, or maybe a NY6 game, you are taking a stupid risk as a potential top end pick by playing in the postseason.

Grier is a pocket passing QB he’s not Bosa coming off a leg injury and playing one of the more violent positions on the field. Grier wasn’t even considered an NFL prospect until this year definitely a bxtch move said fck the fans, the coaching staff, and teammates.

Advertisement
I make more than triple that and I didn't even go to college...
You aren’t a 21 year old kid, with zero professional experience. There’s virtually no other opportunities that these kids have to pull themselves and their entire families into the middle class, or higher.

You can find exceptions here or there, but there’s no way I’d blame a kid for skipping a meaningless bowl game to insure his families future.

You aren’t a 21 year old kid, with zero professional experience. There’s virtually no other opportunities that these kids have to pull themselves and their entire families into the middle class, or higher.

You can find exceptions here or there, but there’s no way I’d blame a kid for skipping a meaningless bowl game to insure his families future.
100% correct.

If more and more higher-tier draft prospects start to skip bowl games does this correlate to less bowls? Also, will this possible effect usher in an expansion of the playoff? Grier doesn't skip if there is a playoff game instead of a bowl.

I wonder if he gets the bowl swag? Travel with the team?

I would imagine he has already left campus to start pre-draft workouts, or he will be leaving right after finals.

Especially after watching J. Smith destroy his knee and slip from top 10 to the second round and then have to sit out a year to rehab while still not knowing if his knee was ever going to be good enough to play again.

I remember G. Cooper destroying his knee on **** turf during his draft year. May not have been a high pick but it sealed his fate nonetheless.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You'd be ok if our draft eligible players skipped the pinstripe bowl game.

yes, and id prefer it.

id rather the guys that need the experience for next year get those reps in practice and the game.

i dont care to see guys who will no longer be on the team play in a meaningless bowl game. bowl games are now for the seniors who most likely wont go on to the NFL to get one last game in & for the young guys to get game experience...especially now with the new redshirting rules.

No game you play is meaningless. If a player thinks so they don't love the sport enough. You risk injury every game to build your resume but suddenly you're more important than the team when it's time to end your career? I wouldn't dare call him stupid or anything like that but that's definitely a selfish move for someone that should be the leader of your team, or offense at the least.

No game you play is meaningless. If a player thinks so they don't love the sport enough. You risk injury every game to build your resume but suddenly you're more important than the team when it's time to end your career? I wouldn't dare call him stupid or anything like that but that's definitely a selfish move for someone that should be the leader of your team, or offense at the least.
No.

It doesn't matter, because it's still a distinct possibility. Yep, it may not happen, but that's the same thought that people like Jaylen Smith had, and the last time I checked, no one stepped up to make up the money he missed out on. I don't blame guys for looking out for themselves. Coaches bail on programs before bowl games all the time. No one says anything about them quitting on their team, it's looked at as a business decision. That's exactly what this is. It's a business decision. The guys on the team most likely understand, and they appreciate the things he did for them and the program while he was there. Unless you are in the CFP, or maybe a NY6 game, you are taking a stupid risk as a potential top end pick by playing in the postseason.

I think coaches who bail on their players before bowl games are wrong. They lecture on leadership and working as 'team first' but forget as soon as the idea is inconvenient. Brian Kelly deserted Cincinnati for Notre Dame a week or so before the first-ever Sugar Bowl. He's was a POS then, and still is. Scott Frost took the Nebraska job but still coached UCF against Auburn in UCF's biggest bowl game in their history.

If you're asking others to give their all for you, do the same for them.

Lead from the front.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think coaches who bail on their players before bowl games are wrong. They lecture on leadership and working as 'team first' but forget as soon as the idea is inconvenient. Brian Kelly deserted Cincinnati for Notre Dame a week or so before the first-ever Sugar Bowl. He's was a POS then, and still is. Scott Frost took the Nebraska job but still coached UCF against Auburn in UCF's biggest bowl game in their history.

If you're asking others to give their all for you, do the same for them.

Lead from the front.
This^

Advertisement
Back