Greg Cote article 10/04/2021

For the Succession fans out there this just made me picture DiMare or Carol Soffer making Blake play Boar on the Floor.
Brian Cox Game GIF by SuccessionHBO

Advertisement
Part of the reason Manny hasnt been fired is that there is no one in the Athletic Dept., from Blake on down, that has a clue about sports/football. Remember that the AAD for football is none other than Jen Strawley. So for example, who should the interim coach be? Does anyone think Blake or Jen have a clue?

Also, the reason so many BOT's like Blake is because he has been doing what they want. We focus our anger at frustration at Manny and Blake, but it really should be at a BOT that effed up the hiring of the school President (a Harvard guy for the Harvard of the South), plus multiple putrid AD's and head coaches.

We will have to forever thank ESPN for collectively squeezing the BOT's balls in public to make them care.

Advertisement
Hes in a real bad spot, if he fires Manny that means his experiment failed. He failed. If he doesnt fire him the noise gets louder and the more focus he gets. Hes in a lose lose.
So are we waiting for one of the BoT to buyout manny’s contract or what’s the hold up..

Part of the reason Manny hasnt been fired is that there is no one in the Athletic Dept., from Blake on down, that has a clue about sports/football. Remember that the AAD for football is none other than Jen Strawley. So for example, who should the interim coach be? Does anyone think Blake or Jen have a clue?

Also, the reason so many BOT's like Blake is because he has been doing what they want. We focus our anger at frustration at Manny and Blake, but it really should be at a BOT that effed up the hiring of the school President (a Harvard guy for the Harvard of the South), plus multiple putrid AD's and head coaches.

We will have to forever thank ESPN for collectively squeezing the BOT's balls in public to make them care.
This

I fear for the “quality” of HC willing to come here if it means Blake stays.
I fear for the quality of coach that comes here if Manny is fired after 2.5 years and Miami has to pay $8M to buy him out plus the buyout of another coach. To me it makes more sense to get Blake out of here and get a new AD. All revenue generating programs have been declining and that's on Blake. Save the money from Manny's buyout and invest it in the program. Invest in more game planning staff, larger recruiting staff, so that's all here for the next coach if Manny fails. Lighting $8M on fire and firing a coach after 2.5 years is how you get stuck with Mike Norvell for 4 years. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Why not fire Blake and make Manny the dam Ad. One thing we know is Manny is dam good in the off season. He has won the off season national title every year hes been here. lol . He obviously has the gift of gab which im sure he learned from his father. Speaking of his father im would assume that would really help put Manny in the right circles for fundraising as well. Also Manny has shown hes very good at promoting just look at things like Paradise camp and the BBQs he put on. From all accounts the kids loved these events and I think that would translate into throwing fundraiser events.

With all that said Its just bad timing and it would never work. Cant imagine him not being ****ed he got let go as head coach. But **** he might want to be an AD.

Yes I know it wont happen so you dont need to blast me. Just tossing **** around thats all.

Do they also need to remind Blake to breathe? If this is true, he is not only a cuck, he's a moron.

I personally wouldnt believe a large majority of these BOT "leaks". Do you really think Blake is not feeling the pressure? The leakers are all trying to deflect blame for their incompetence; "we have no money, problem, what problem, its not us, its Blake" etc etc.

The new rumor from a guy posting on the Flo show last night that says he has a inside source is now-Diaz moves to Football AD and the coaching search is underway and Blake keeps his job as AD but no Football duties. That way Diaz is still on salary and no buyout. Trouble is who wants to work under Diaz so i hope this is not true.

The new rumor from a guy posting on the Flo show last night that says he has a inside source is now-Diaz moves to Football AD and the coaching search is underway and Blake keeps his job as AD but no Football duties. That way Diaz is still on salary and no buyout. Trouble is who wants to work under Diaz so i hope this is not true.
No way possible

I feel dumber for even heard that scenario

Advertisement
I wish the administration would just rip the bandage off. Fire Diaz, Lashlee to interim HC, promote Simpson to Co-DC/play-caller with T-Rob as Co-DC. Then we have a spot for Shoop but probably best to leave him as an analyst so he can collect our check and Michigan's check. If team shows a pulse vs UNC AND pulls off the upset, the eval begins. Also gives the new incoming HC a good look at the current staff in new roles in case he wants to keep a guy or two etc.

That's the stupidest **** I've read in awhile

What's funny is I would've accepted Richt as AD because I know football would've been his #1 interest. Diaz as an AD...idk about that one.

Advertisement
Do you know Miami FLO? He claims that something has been decided and that players were told that Manny was terminated and an announcement was coming this week. Is he legit? He also talked about a Football only AD and that the alumni were getting money together to fund this. Seems far fetched but I'm curious.
That’s not what he said. He said players felt “something was up” but didn’t know what, and tied it to the cooney tweet. He said he expects a statement from the AD this week, but not sure what’s in it. He said he has no idea when manny will be let go, but he will be.

That’s not what he said. He said players felt “something was up” but didn’t know what, and tied it to the cooney tweet. He said he expects a statement from the AD this week, but not sure what’s in it. He said he has no idea when manny will be let go, but he will be.
Exactly.

Do we not remember the sequence of events before Al Golden was fired.

BJ comes out this week and says the school believes in Manny. They are disappointed in the results but want to see the young players grow the rest of the season.

Then once the team quits on him (UNC or Pitt) they fire Manny on a Sunday or Monday morning

Exactly.

Do we not remember the sequence of events before Al Golden was fired.

BJ comes out this week and says the school believes in Manny. They are disappointed in the results but want to see the young players grow the rest of the season.

Then once the team quits on him (UNC or Pitt) they fire Manny on a Sunday or Monday morning
that's exactly what's goin to happen probably on this Sunday,we all know how manny does when he comes off a bye week!! unc will be putting that manny to sleep

42814AD1-9FC8-407B-BEB8-F3CA2E3215FB.jpeg

Advertisement
Back