Greatest Canes fan of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkh305

Sophomore
My vote goes to Cutler Ridge Laz, but the guy who held signs & wore shoulder pads at the OB is a close second.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Go2DaU Ricky Singh, not on this site, but he is definitely the best Canes fan.

Hasn't missed a road or home football game in years. Makes it to all home baseball and basketball (unless schedules conflict with one another he usually chooses basketball) games as well.

Not vocal like Laz, I swear to you I believe every penny he earns other than his essential bills is spent on The U.

Ricky is a graduate of The U and works every day he doesn't have a game to attend to make up for the days he misses due to games.

Advertisement
See that Ricky guy at every game. Seems like a good dude.

But my vote has to go to my man Laz.

I love that fat Cuban criminal, his hideous wife and that gang of jailbird friends that call themselves CanesFam.

Those goofy ******** are about the best thing I've got going.

See that Ricky guy at every game. Seems like a good dude.

But my vote has to go to my man Laz.

I love that fat Cuban criminal, his hideous wife and that gang of jailbird friends that call themselves CanesFam.

Those goofy ******** are about the best thing I've got going.

Lmao! This.

Last edited:
yama yama is the king of the old timer's division. Ricky Singh solid, solid choice though. Gotta respect the workmanlike dedication.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go2DaU Ricky Singh, not on this site, but he is definitely the best Canes fan.

Hasn't missed a road or home football game in years. Makes it to all home baseball and basketball (unless schedules conflict with one another he usually chooses basketball) games as well.

Not vocal like Laz, I swear to you I believe every penny he earns other than his essential bills is spent on The U.

+1

Ricky is the man...one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

When I see Ricky I see Tim Duncan, not the G.O.A.T

The panache of Laz is unmatched IMO

My family would say me. Raised five blocks from the OB, found ways to sneak in and if not they would let the kids in at halftime, first game 1947 (Whitey Campbell was an early star, enjoyed the great teams of early fifties (Jim Dooly, Frank Smith,Jack Hackett), Mid fifties,(The Andy Gustafson invented "Belly Series" featuring Don Bosseler an early peak at option football), The George Mira years,The Ted Hendricks years, The dark years of the seventies when nobody went to games(I did) but some good players Foreman,Burgess Owens, Rubin Carter, Don Latimer and others and of course the great years that followed. I actually went to UF for two years and rooted for the Canes every minute. I wore a Canes hat st my daughters wedding but she did too. Not interested in being the best fan ever but there are a lot of crazy lifers like me. By the way. I'm 79 and may be the only person in western civilization that age that is interested in eleventh grade kids fourty times. Before you judge remember you may have a life addiction to the Canes too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Much respect. An eloquent response describing a life of Canes dedication. I hope to still be watching Canes games at 79.

My family would say me. Raised five blocks from the OB, found ways to sneak in and if not they would let the kids in at halftime, first game 1947 (Whitey Campbell was an early star, enjoyed the great teams of early fifties (Jim Dooly, Frank Smith,Jack Hackett), Mid fifties,(The Andy Gustafson invented "Belly Series" featuring Don Bosseler an early peak at option football), The George Mira years,The Ted Hendricks years, The dark years of the seventies when nobody went to games(I did) but some good players Foreman,Burgess Owens, Rubin Carter, Don Latimer and others and of course the great years that followed. I actually went to UF for two years and rooted for the Canes every minute. I wore a Canes hat st my daughters wedding but she did too. Not interested in being the best fan ever but there are a lot of crazy lifers like me. By the way. I'm 79 and may be the only person in western civilization that age that is interested in eleventh grade kids fourty times. Before you judge remember you may have a life addiction to the Canes too.
You sir are a great American.

My vote goes to Cutler Ridge Laz, but the guy who held signs & wore shoulder pads at the OB is a close second.

Thoughts?

Richard Molinari I think was his name, that guy is a classic. West End zone occupant as well at the OB right behind the legion of Doom characters. The good ole days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back