Greatest Canes fan of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moment will forever live in forum history #tbt #grassy

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
My family would say me. Raised five blocks from the OB, found ways to sneak in and if not they would let the kids in at halftime, first game 1947 (Whitey Campbell was an early star, enjoyed the great teams of early fifties (Jim Dooly, Frank Smith,Jack Hackett), Mid fifties,(The Andy Gustafson invented "Belly Series" featuring Don Bosseler an early peak at option football), The George Mira years,The Ted Hendricks years, The dark years of the seventies when nobody went to games(I did) but some good players Foreman,Burgess Owens, Rubin Carter, Don Latimer and others and of course the great years that followed. I actually went to UF for two years and rooted for the Canes every minute. I wore a Canes hat st my daughters wedding but she did too. Not interested in being the best fan ever but there are a lot of crazy lifers like me. By the way. I'm 79 and may be the only person in western civilization that age that is interested in eleventh grade kids fourty times. Before you judge remember you may have a life addiction to the Canes too.
You sir are a great American.

THIS^^^!

My family would say me. Raised five blocks from the OB, found ways to sneak in and if not they would let the kids in at halftime, first game 1947 (Whitey Campbell was an early star, enjoyed the great teams of early fifties (Jim Dooly, Frank Smith,Jack Hackett), Mid fifties,(The Andy Gustafson invented "Belly Series" featuring Don Bosseler an early peak at option football), The George Mira years,The Ted Hendricks years, The dark years of the seventies when nobody went to games(I did) but some good players Foreman,Burgess Owens, Rubin Carter, Don Latimer and others and of course the great years that followed. I actually went to UF for two years and rooted for the Canes every minute. I wore a Canes hat st my daughters wedding but she did too. Not interested in being the best fan ever but there are a lot of crazy lifers like me. By the way. I'm 79 and may be the only person in western civilization that age that is interested in eleventh grade kids fourty times. Before you judge remember you may have a life addiction to the Canes too.

Impressive, but I took myself out of the running because of two of my kids going to UF. Sorry, my man, two year actually attended that armpit leaves you as merely a great fan. I know we have little choice of colleges down here back then, but still either you were not in the stands for The Flop or worse, you were and went there anyway. All respect for everything else.

For me, there was this scorching hot chick who sat in front of me for several years in west end zone who usually wore loose halter top will ample fill material. I eagerly agree to substitute my lap as her back rest. She has my vote for greatest Cane fan ever(I assume she was a fan).

Impressive, but I took myself out of the running because of two of my kids going to UF. Sorry, my man, two year actually attended that armpit leaves you as merely a great fan. I know we have little choice of colleges down here back then, but still either you were not in the stands for The Flop or worse, you were and went there anyway. All respect for everything else.

For me, there was this scorching hot chick who sat in front of me for several years in west end zone who usually wore loose halter top will ample fill material. I eagerly agree to substitute my lap as her back rest. She has my vote for greatest Cane fan ever(I assume she was a fan).

Taking it to a place I never thought it go. I'm just here for the ride!

Advertisement
Coach K, hasn't missed a home game in 56 years.

For those who don't know he is talking about Bob Kaufman who is the biggest gator hater since Walt Kichefski. He doesn't need signs or masks just to get on TV. He is always at all the games

I'm down to buy all these dudes some medallions at L&M Engravings.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Great story. I too went to Canes games at Bowl where I walked there. Went to first game in 63 and even though I live over 200 miles away I still have season tickets even though it becomes a burden at times with work schedules.

I salute you, sir.

I became a fan during the Dooley years. I also was a kid who would sneak in when possible. For the first "playoff bowl" (NFL second place teams) my friends and I tore the fencing apart in the west ez and scrambled through the debris. We scurried up into the bleachers, then realize we were the only people in the stands. Lol - kids. Great times.

See that Ricky guy at every game. Seems like a good dude.

But my vote has to go to my man Laz.

I love that fat Cuban criminal, his hideous wife and that gang of jailbird friends that call themselves CanesFam.

Those goofy ******** are about the best thing I've got going.

At least he didn't say the "Super Fans"

Advertisement
My vote goes to Cutler Ridge Laz, but the guy who held signs & wore shoulder pads at the OB is a close second.

Thoughts?

Upvoted for massive Jimmie Rustling during his 1st 24 hours on the board....and for the Scarface signature adaptation.

My vote goes to Cutler Ridge Laz, but the guy who held signs & wore shoulder pads at the OB is a close second.

Thoughts?

Upvoted for massive Jimmie Rustling during his 1st 24 hours on the board....and for the Scarface signature adaptation.

Appreciate it brotha. Are we made man or are we made? One day I too will have a RVA hashtag

Advertisement
OP is either a master troll or a ******* idiot.

Laz sucked off *** right until the end because he was trying to get his kid a scholly down the road...oh, he's also a convicted felon and a former crackhead so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back