Grad Transfer CB KJ Sails

You’d have to be mentally challenged not to want this guy if he’s eligible this year. I said a couple of days ago that we are a Bandy twisted ankle away from a complete disaster at CB. We need some capable players at CB RIGHT NOW.

Dummies on here told me we can just move Frierson to CB if someone gets hurt. LOL at that imbecility.

Our CB situation is dire. Dudes all caught up in the OL, but there are plenty of numbers there for now with some good undeveloped talent. CB? Ouch.
Preach.

Advertisement
LOL at the people on this site who argue this dude isn't a take.

Couch won't be physically ready. Williams is a 4* but he'll be brand new this summer. Bethel was a project who didn't see the field last season. Blades has the heart of a champion and the genetics that prevent me from ever doubting him, but he played mostly special teams last season and has showed very little as a CB in the ACC. Ivey has a ton of potential, but got very little burn at CB last year and also has shown next to nothing as a CB in the ACC. Bandy is a beast.

Seems like the CB room could benefit from a confident, athletic, ACC-proven CB like Sails. IMO, the only question worth asking is whether we need the space more at OL or LB. But the more I think about it, I like our starting LBs and striker depth. Plus Joyner got moved back to LB for added depth. At OL, I haven't heard of anyone capable who can play this season looking to transfer. Might as well take a guy guaranteed into the 2 deep.

Advertisement
O-line is worse. Don't have really any tackles on the roster.
OLine should be fine with some good coaching. Make some tackles out of all the 4 stars. You don’t need to be 6’7 to play good tackle at this level. Scaife did a very respectable job as a freshman. People are confusing Rickety ****** offense with us having no talent at OL.

We have some talent at CB, but the numbers are as paper thin as you can get. We are a Bandy injury away from a possible nightmare.

OLine should be fine with some good coaching. Make some tackles out of all the 4 stars. You don’t need to be 6’7 to play good tackle at this level. Scaife did a very respectable job as a freshman. People are confusing Rickety ****** offense with us having no talent at OL.

We have some talent at CB, but the numbers are as paper thin as you can get. We are a Bandy injury away from a possible nightmare.

Our OLine hasn't been "fine" in a very long time. We've had Jeff Stoutland...considered one of the better OL Coaches in the country - pro or college - and our OL under him still wasn't very good.

One thing I am confident in saying...Miami's OL won't be "fine"...a grad transfer won't change that either, but I digress.

Our OLine hasn't been "fine" in a very long time. We've had Jeff Stoutland...considered one of the better OL Coaches in the country - pro or college - and our OL under him still wasn't very good.

One thing I am confident in saying...Miami's OL won't be "fine"...a grad transfer won't change that either, but I digress.
Our offensive coaching has been absolute trash for the same amount of time that our OL has been struggling. Coincidence? Nah.

Most of the simps on here thought our D talent was trash too before Diaz got here and showed everyone else what The Legend was telling them.

Advertisement
Our offensive coaching has been absolute trash for the same amount of time that our OL has been struggling. Coincidence? Nah.

Most of the simps on here thought our D talent was trash too before Diaz got here and showed everyone else what The Legend was telling them.

I guess we'll see.

OL was kind of suspect when we had guys like Brandon Linder on it. It has looked worse when we had guys like McDermott, Darling, Gauthier, St. Louis, etc...these guys are near non-NFL athletes...this most recent crop were legitimately bad, brother. And honestly, some of these guys on the OL right now look bad, too. Plenty more unathletic lineman are still on our roster. You ain't making guys like George Brown anything, ever.

I guess we'll see.

OL was kind of suspect when we had guys like Brandon Linder on it. It has looked worse when we had guys like McDermott, Darling, Gauthier, St. Louis, etc...these guys are near non-NFL athletes...this most recent crop were legitimately bad, brother. And honestly, some of these guys on the OL right now look bad, too. Plenty more unathletic lineman are still on our roster. You ain't making guys like George Brown anything, ever.
OL doesn’t operate in a vacuum. If the OC sucks, the OL will look terrible. That’s football 101. You can’t judge the OL independently from the offense they’re playing in.

There are way too many examples of teams with rag tag OL talent that produce excellent offenses. And all I care about is the overall productivity of the offense. And the offense will improve dramatically this year.

It’s really no different than our fans railing our DL for several years while they floundered in a garbage system. Overnight, they suddenly got talented and became capable.

That dude isn't even in a battle for serious playing time. He was garbage far before he transferred here.

He's just an example.

We are light on bodies. You couple Brown with guys like Kennedy and Dykstra. That's a lot of potential for bums. The roster is also currently filled with guys that...none of us know if they will worthwhile players - Reed, Campbell, Hillery, Gaynor, Herbert, Nelson, ElGammel, Clark...wait n see mode with them.

Thats a lot of question marks right now and you're trusting Searles' eye test and Richt's judgement on a lot of those evaluations in recruiting.

Advertisement
Bc they were lock down corners that were busy not getting picked on and exposed like KJ Sails.

Neither one of them were freshmen in 2018 you *******.

Picked on & exposed? As a freshman? LOL! What was mike jack doing as a freshman?

Playmaker make plays. It they could do then they would...period.

Advertisement
OL doesn’t operate in a vacuum. If the OC sucks, the OL will look terrible. That’s football 101. You can’t judge the OL independently from the offense they’re playing in.

There are way too many examples of teams with rag tag OL talent that produce excellent offenses. And all I care about is the overall productivity of the offense. And the offense will improve dramatically this year.

It’s really no different than our fans railing our DL for several years while they floundered in a garbage system. Overnight, they suddenly got talented and became capable.

This ^ Chise is so spot on. I'm exhausted of hearing " bro our Oline is Garbage Bro ".

Riks could've turned the 94' Cowboys Oline into a trash heap in 6 minutes. Coaches kinda matter in this ****e.

Last edited:

Agree that OL will be vastly improved with better OL coaching and an OC who is not stubborn and will scheme to minimize our weaknesses. Scaife will be a fine LT with Campbell/Herbert at RT. I do believe that we are thin on the OL and not just at OT but give the edge to CB as most pressing need.

With CB it’s not only injuries we have to be concerned with but let’s not forget the targeting rule and how easily It can cause us to lose one of our CB’s in an important game. Most importantly, this kid is by far the best available transfer in one of our two most important area of needs. There isn’t an OL out there at this kids level.

What I don’t get is the overreaction to LB needs. Even if Steed and Wilder are out for the year, we still will have 7 LB’s and 3 strikers for 3 spots. Even if we still have room for 3 transfers (which we don’t) I would only take CB or OL.

Advertisement
Back