Grad Transfer CB KJ Sails

Advertisement
Kid seems like a real punk. Like most UNC kids btw, trolled um fans then used the make the crib great hashtag. ***** him

Kid seems like a real punk. Like most UNC kids btw, trolled um fans then used the make the crib great hashtag. ***** him
I don’t know if he’s a punk or not because I don’t know him. But he didn’t choose Miami because he didn’t have the option.

There was no way the ncaa was going to grant him immediate eligibility to attend a school 280 miles from his home when they just denied the kid who wanted to transfer to VT, which was 105 miles from his home, to be with his sick mom.

Advertisement
I don’t know how drunk u gotta be to think KJ Sails would’ve been the 3rd best cb at worst on this team lol

He’s not getting past Ivey, Blades or Bethel and I’m not playing him over Williams or Couch when it’s time to get the young guys with more talent reps in the rotation.

A school like USF where he has the opportunity to challenge for a starting spot is the best move for his cfb career.

Last edited:
This kid is a decent safe bet. He has excelled in a P5 conference. He will also play around better talent here and probably look better

Excellent in power 5?????

91218604-037E-4312-97AA-C8E6E71C465B.png

Advertisement
Makes perfect sense he’s going to USF. He’ll get the waiver to play immediately there because it’s within the 100 mile radius required by the NCAA. We aren’t in that 100 mile radius, and as a result of the NCAA ruling last week on the kid who tried to get immediate eligibility at VT to be close to his sick mom, I’m sure UM knew he wouldn’t get the waiver here.
It was our fans that wanted him far more than the staff. We told him we didnt have any open spots FOR HIM at the moment and only way we'd have interest is if we have a db transfer out BEFORE he enrolls. Hence welcome him to the usf bulls...

That's what some of us tried to explain in the original thread that got locked, but whenever this point was brought up it just turned into an emotional meltdown & pointless arguing match lol.

DB development is something Rumph & Banda have done a good job at since they've been here whether fans want to acknowledge it or not. If Malek Young wasn't unfortunately injured he & Bandy would be among the top CB group in the ACC. Michael Jackson was developed from a Special teamer to a lockdown Corner by his Junior year, plus kids like Jaquan & Redwine absolutely maximized their ability here.

DJ Ivey & Blades are going to be more than serviceable, Ivey's upside is crazy high & the only way these young CB's will ever get any better is with actual game reps.

Fans who just don't believe in our secondary are the only ones who were clambering for this kid, the staff was never all that interested. If we add another player by Fall camp, it needs to be an additional OL before any other spot gets addressed.
I agree with everything you said but a lot of us are concern with depth because 1-2 injuries could easily happen. And if it does, it would be a disaster. Most of us aren't doubting the current talent on the team. We just want more CBs just in case 1-2 players get hurt whether it's a short or long term injury.

Advertisement
That's what some of us tried to explain in the original thread that got locked, but whenever this point was brought up it just turned into an emotional meltdown & pointless arguing match lol.

DB development is something Rumph & Banda have done a good job at since they've been here whether fans want to acknowledge it or not. If Malek Young wasn't unfortunately injured he & Bandy would be among the top CB group in the ACC. Michael Jackson was developed from a Special teamer to a lockdown Corner by his Junior year, plus kids like Jaquan & Redwine absolutely maximized their ability here.

DJ Ivey & Blades are going to be more than serviceable, Ivey's upside is crazy high & the only way these young CB's will ever get any better is with actual game reps.

Fans who just don't believe in our secondary are the only ones who were clambering for this kid, the staff was never all that interested. If we add another player by Fall camp, it needs to be an additional OL before any other spot gets addressed.
Preach!

I agree with everything you said but a lot of us are concern with depth because 1-2 injuries could easily happen. And if it does, it would be a disaster. Most of us aren't doubting the current talent on the team. We just want more CBs just in case 1-2 players get hurt whether it's a short or long term injury.
In 2016/2017 we had injuries with only 4-5 cbs and still survived which is obviously less #s we will have in 2019

I’d like another CB, and my opinion has nothing to do with Rumph or the talent of our current CBs. We have lots of talent; we just don’t have any numbers.

We’re looking at having to force a 150 pound Couch to play immediately. I love his potential, but that’s a lot to ask of a kid that small.

Advertisement
And those injuries wound up hurting us badly that year.
Eh Didn’t miss Colbert or Delaney that much when they were out those years as true freshman malek young and Trajan bandy stepped up. We could take another corner I guess but i think we will be fine there honestly

Eh Didn’t miss Colbert or Delaney that much when they were out those years as true freshman malek young and Trajan bandy stepped up. We could take another corner I guess but i think we will be fine there honestly
Disagree completely. Look at how our defense folded against the throw game when we got bit by injuries two years ago. We missed Coach Colbertson bigtime.

Reps > Transfers. Especially if the potential upside warrants it. All they need is the experience. Like some posters, I agree I think we’re fine at corner. Then add Couch & Williams. We’re good

Advertisement
Back