Grad Transfer CB KJ Sails

Finley has done nothing special-are you f'n kidding me? I don't think you're paying proper attention. He was the most improved player on the team last yr bro, and is only going to get better. It's really not that hard to understand, the way the Striker position is utilized/deployed, it lessens the importance of a true SAM LB on this Defense.

There is an argument to be made that Finley is the most important player on our Defense when you look at our scheme. God forbid he gets injured and we would have to go back to a 4-3..Frierson wouldn’t be ready to get thrown into the fire yet especially week 1.

Advertisement
The reason why none of them have done it is bc they were true freshman last year playing on the same team with Trajan Bandy and Mike Jackson in front of them. If they played at UNC Ivey and Blades would’ve been day one starters.

Bandy was a true freshman last year? Mike Jack was?

Why didn’t either of them do it then?

Last edited:
Tee, I like the kid's game and have zero issue with bringing him in. In terms of depth chart, he's probably ahead of Bethel and the incoming freshman, may even be polished enough to be #2 or #3. But no need to say "he was better ... at every level ... playing DB" .

For example, I personally love what Couch brings, he's been solid at DB for years against high level so-FL comp, and if the kid can just gain some mass he could be very, very good for us. Is Sails more ready for ACC-level play? I think it's obvious that the answer is yes. But the "every level" comment is not so obvious to me.

I'm sure you wrote that because you're irritated by the star-hos. Just thought I'd point out that we do have some guys with high ceilings.

At every level..I meant every single word. Bandy is the only exception bc I consider them equal.

You watch highlights..I have access to full games of every recruit in the state. Therein lies the difference here.

Couch is a good ball player. I know his high school dB coach personally & I’ve watched him get eaten ALIVE in games (plural). He’s also 145lbs. His size development is going to be key.

Advertisement
I dont care about passes defended. Unc was 63rd in pass defense and 88th in scoring defense. They weren't stoping anybody. Its cool he had 13 passes defended but how many passes did he give up? How many yards and tds?

You have to go buy a brain...his 13 passes defended was from 2017, not 2018.

When will people learn not to judge a player solely off a highlight tape. I sat in the Unc family section his freshman and sophomore year actually rooting for the guy and he gave up a lot of plays in the secondary. Kid had lots of pbu’s because he was targeted so much. Everyone on here getting gassed up are setting yourself up for a letdown. But hey some people love to drink the kool aid.

On the positive the kid has lots of heart and plays with passion very similar to Lawrence Cager. With better coaching he could develop into a decent contributor for us, but I’d be surprised if that’s more than cb3. This would be a pick up for depth.
No way a 5’9 skinny K.J. sails beats out a 6’1 emerging Dj Ivey. Book that! And don’t let his man crushes try to convince you otherwise.

His soph year he played in 3 games & hardly gave up anything before being hurt for the year. 2017 he was a freshmen & far from a finished product but don’t let your idiotic hate get in the way of facts.

I see why your brother was viewed as a cancer & a detriment to the staff.

No the problem with CIS’ers is that everyone is monkey see monkey do’in and trying their best to insult and put down anyone with an opinion different than their own. And a lot of y’all weak minded individuals are just following the mob not even realizing it.

So you missed where I said he could be a good contributor with better coaching and that this is a depth move. Unc’s dB coaching was horrible. I watched the guy play for two years. My take is not from tape but watching EVERY SINGLE GAME FROM 2013-2018 many of them from the UNC player family section front row 50 yard line.

My brother was listed at 5’11 but he’s actually 5’10 and he’s taller than KJ. Trust me I don’t think I’m smart or know it all, like you know kJ is 5’11. But whatever man... I’m done speaking on it. I hope he comes in a plays well.

This guy has a backpedal better than prime time.

Posted text messages from your wack a$$ brother & ****’d all over my guy in the other thread who had his sister killed yet the according to you & your wack a$$ brother he was leaving was bc of playing time..& you’re still criticizing him of his FRESHMAN season.

FOH

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’d have to be mentally challenged not to want this guy if he’s eligible this year. I said a couple of days ago that we are a Bandy twisted ankle away from a complete disaster at CB. We need some capable players at CB RIGHT NOW.

Dummies on here told me we can just move Frierson to CB if someone gets hurt. LOL at that imbecility.

Our CB situation is dire. Dudes all caught up in the OL, but there are plenty of numbers there for now with some good undeveloped talent. CB? Ouch.

You’d have to be mentally challenged not to want this guy if he’s eligible this year. I said a couple of days ago that we are a Bandy twisted ankle away from a complete disaster at CB. We need some capable players at CB RIGHT NOW.

Dummies on here told me we can just move Frierson to CB if someone gets hurt. LOL at that imbecility.

Our CB situation is dire. Dudes all caught up in the OL, but there are plenty of numbers there for now with some good undeveloped talent. CB? Ouch.
O-line is worse. Don't have really any tackles on the roster.

You need to know what the fúck you talking bout before you come at me. Those stats are from 2017. Fúck out of here.

& he was a freshman in 2017 *****...did any of our freshmen do that? Y’all losers stay hating. Stfu

Advertisement

Bro..i just don’t get it man.

Who wouldn't be in board with bringing this kid in?
There's been plenty of valid reasons bandied about in this thread ad nauseam.

Advertisement
No the problem with CIS’ers is that everyone is monkey see monkey do’in and trying their best to insult and put down anyone with an opinion different than their own. And a lot of y’all weak minded individuals are just following the mob not even realizing it.

So you missed where I said he could be a good contributor with better coaching and that this is a depth move. Unc’s dB coaching was horrible. I watched the guy play for two years. My take is not from tape but watching EVERY SINGLE GAME FROM 2013-2018 many of them from the UNC player family section front row 50 yard line.

My brother was listed at 5’11 but he’s actually 5’10 and he’s taller than KJ. Trust me I don’t think I’m smart or know it all, like you know kJ is 5’11. But whatever man... I’m done speaking on it. I hope he comes in a plays well.

It's certainly a depth move. I don't think he'd start ahead of Ivey (absent injury). Our depth at CB isn't great (we have 6, but Bethel is just learning the position and Couch is probably still a bit skinny to help much). I look at our depth chart as realistically four guys - Bandy, Ivey, Blades, and Williams. And if one of them gets hurt, that's scary, especially in today's ACC where you need a lot of DBs on the field.

Depth at both CB and S is not great, especially considering the ridiculous # of DBs South Florida produces every year.

@Tee3000 the real Q is....is he coming? Has to like the U and our depth right now.

According to the NCAA policy he should get a waiver easily.

Advertisement
Back