Grad Transfer CB KJ Sails

You think being ranked 3rd in the ACC In passes defended is a milestone that no one o this team can achieve?? That’s an okay accomplishment but I’m confident that the cbs on our team have more upside and can do even better than that once they get on the field.

Then tell them to go & do it since it’s so easily achievable. There’s a reason why none of them have done it & why coaches want him..period.

Advertisement
Lol what’s with the double talk?? This was your comment “He was better than all of them at every level of his life with regard to playing DB”

So my question was how is that possible when every DB on our roster and the two coming in are ranked a mile ahead of KJ Sails coming out of high school in their respective class??

My opinion is based on their playing ability..not some rivals ranking. I can think for myself..you can’t.

Bethel didn’t even play DB in high school yet he was ranked a higher db? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go away

Last edited:
My opinion is based on their playing ability..some some rivals ranking. I can think for myself..you can’t.

Bethel didn’t even play DB in high school yet he was ranked a higher db? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Go away
Don’t pay these guys any kind Tee. This kid would be a great addition. Injuries happen. Imagine if one of our top two goes down. We’d be begging for this kid.

Amazing we’re arguing about having more.
A simple ankle sprain can put you back 2 weeks easy. A hammy about a month. Notice how we ain’t worried at rb for a reason.
Saying we’re just going to slide some freshman or a dude with questionable cover skills is wishful thinking. There is a reason why db’s make coin in the league. It’s a freaking hard position. Even Jobe’s old as looked lost out there last year and he has good coaching.
We’re talking about getting a dude for a year with proven talent. My man got bills to pay now if he gets a draft grade he probably leaves.
Anyone who’s ever played any competitive sport at a decent level knows how it feels to go to a team or tournament where there is talent everywhere. You focus more you get pumped.
If your a db and you walk into that room this fall and you see all that talent your either going to fold or your gonna be laser focused. Your gonna be in he older dudes ears asking questions looking at film.
And if they’re truly your brother they’ll be right there pushing you and teaching you.
We’re gonna have good depth if we add this young man. And if we sign 2 top db’s as well now we’re talking a top 5 d1 secondary with depth.
We’re gonna have greentree competition like it’s never been in many years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, if there is any poster who I trust when it comes to DB scouting, it's Tee. The man knows what he is talking about.

As for the rest of the stuff spewed by the expert CIS "stats analysts", I would be more interested in learning about who coached Sails at UNC, how Sais was utilized at UNC, and whether some great coaching from Rumph will unlock Sails' potential.

Personally, I'd love to see a couple of OLs brought in from the portal, but I also trust the UM coaches thus far. If they believe we need a transfer CB, I'm fine with this.

I like the pick up we need more experience at corner. I think the staff wants bandy at nickel to help in run support.

Been pounding the table for a transfer DB since December. Much needed regardless if he is a starter or dime corner.

Advertisement
U take a flyer on this kid he started at UNC they were bad last year but he looks like he can cover and that’s what we need. More bodies on the roster that can cover. 1 injury away from being in a ****** situation at CB

He was better than all of them at every level of his life with regard to playing DB & still is right now.

Tee, I like the kid's game and have zero issue with bringing him in. In terms of depth chart, he's probably ahead of Bethel and the incoming freshman, may even be polished enough to be #2 or #3. But no need to say "he was better ... at every level ... playing DB" .

For example, I personally love what Couch brings, he's been solid at DB for years against high level so-FL comp, and if the kid can just gain some mass he could be very, very good for us. Is Sails more ready for ACC-level play? I think it's obvious that the answer is yes. But the "every level" comment is not so obvious to me.

I'm sure you wrote that because you're irritated by the star-hos. Just thought I'd point out that we do have some guys with high ceilings.

I thought the coaching change thing only applied for EE. If the players can leave when the coach does then some coaches are going to take his players with him.

I am not exactly clear on the details of the rule or how they apply it. Honestly don’t think the NCAA knows either but I believe the other family reasons are why he should get a waiver granted. Whether he comes here or not, I really hope he gets his waiver granted.

Advertisement
Back