Grad Transfer CB KJ Sails

It's absurd that we have depth issues at CB given our location. It looks (or I hope) like that will be changing as all our CBs return after this year (save Bandy going pro or a transfer) plus we bring in 2-3 more in the '20 class.

Advertisement
I'd like to see an LB or OT first. After that, best available DB.
Need a CB way more than a LB.

What quality LB are we going to get to transfer here with Shaq, Pink, Finley and McCloud?

Definitely need a OT or 2, but a grad transfer LB worth a **** ain’t coming here to be depth behind our senior studs.

Anyone saying we don’t need a quality CB transfer is an idiot who hasn’t seen our CB depth.

The only CB we can trust right now is Bandy, what the **** is wrong with you guys?

Then tell them to go & do it since it’s so easily achievable. There’s a reason why none of them have done it & why coaches want him..period.

The reason why none of them have done it is bc they were true freshman last year playing on the same team with Trajan Bandy and Mike Jackson in front of them. If they played at UNC Ivey and Blades would’ve been day one starters.

Advertisement
I have no dawg in this fight.. I think OL should be a higher priority than CB transfer.

I don't think you're going to be saying that when MIA faces Clemson this yr in the ACC title game. To beat that team, we have to be able to neutralize their passing attack. It's as simple as that

What quality LB are we going to get to transfer here with Shaq, Pink, Finley and McCloud?

Definitely need a OT or 2, but a grad transfer LB worth a **** ain’t coming here to be depth behind our senior studs.

Anyone saying we don’t need a quality CB transfer is an idiot who hasn’t seen our CB depth.

The only CB we can trust right now is Bandy, what the **** is wrong with you guys?

Kind of a dyck move to neg my post, call me an idiot and write "what the **** is wrong with you" because you don't agree that the need at LB is greater than the need for a CB. What the **** is wrong with you?

Who knows why an LB would want to transfer into Miami? Maybe he has two years to play like Boulware did? Maybe he's unhappy where he is? Maybe he's coming up from a Group of 5 of FCS school like Delaney? Being 4th or 5th man at Miami may be enough, especially since we often have 1 or even 2 starters injured at any given time during the season. McCloud's injured right now.

And so far McCloud and Finley has done nothing special to put the fear of god in a decent player. Both have flashed, but they're not winning All-ACC accolades based on past performance. Bolden wasn't afraid of A Carter or Hall. Hill wasn't afraid of Garvin, Patchan or Rousseau. Martell wasn't afraid of Perry or Williams. I see no superstar Sam on the team chasing off would-be transfers.

Kind of a dyck move to neg my post, call me an idiot and write "what the **** is wrong with you" because you don't agree that the need at LB is greater than the need for a CB. What the **** is wrong with you?

Who knows why an LB would want to transfer into Miami? Maybe he has two years to play like Boulware did? Maybe he's unhappy where he is? Maybe he's coming up from a Group of 5 of FCS school like Delaney? Being 4th or 5th man at Miami may be enough, especially since we often have 1 or even 2 starters injured at any given time during the season. McCloud's injured right now.

And so far McCloud and Finley has done nothing special to put the fear of god in a decent player. Both have flashed, but they're not winning All-ACC accolades based on past performance. Bolden wasn't afraid of A Carter or Hall. Hill wasn't afraid of Garvin, Patchan or Rousseau. Martell wasn't afraid of Perry or Williams. I see no superstar Sam on the team chasing off would-be transfers.

Finley has done nothing special-are you f'n kidding me? I don't think you're paying proper attention. He was the most improved player on the team last yr bro, and is only going to get better. It's really not that hard to understand, the way the Striker position is utilized/deployed, it lessens the importance of a true SAM LB on this Defense.

Last edited:

Agree with everything especially the bolded.

Advertisement

Lol at the only cb we can trust right now is Bandy. We don’t need a cb transfer we have better talent at cb than anybody that we could get from the portal. We need another Olineman or LBer more than anything.

Advertisement

Sorry but Finley had a great season last year. He finished the year with zero missed tackles and consistently held up in coverage.

If he doesnt have to split reps this year, he'll be all-ACC.

Advertisement
You think being ranked 3rd in the ACC In passes defended is a milestone that no one o this team can achieve?? That’s an okay accomplishment but I’m confident that the cbs on our team have more upside and can do even better than that once they get on the field.

When will people learn not to judge a player solely off a highlight tape. I sat in the Unc family section his freshman and sophomore year actually rooting for the guy and he gave up a lot of plays in the secondary. Kid had lots of pbu’s because he was targeted so much. Everyone on here getting gassed up are setting yourself up for a letdown. But hey some people love to drink the kool aid.

On the positive the kid has lots of heart and plays with passion very similar to Lawrence Cager. With better coaching he could develop into a decent contributor for us, but I’d be surprised if that’s more than cb3. This would be a pick up for depth.
No way a 5’9 skinny K.J. sails beats out a 6’1 emerging Dj Ivey. Book that! And don’t let his man crushes try to convince you otherwise.

I dont care about passes defended. Unc was 63rd in pass defense and 88th in scoring defense. They weren't stoping anybody. Its cool he had 13 passes defended but how many passes did he give up? How many yards and tds?

@10:55 🤣😂😆

When will people learn not to judge a player solely off a highlight tape. I sat in the Unc family section his freshman and sophomore year actually rooting for the guy and he gave up a lot of plays in the secondary. Kid had lots of pbu’s because he was targeted so much. Everyone on here getting gassed up are setting yourself up for a letdown. But hey some people love to drink the kool aid.

On the positive the kid has lots of heart and plays with passion very similar to Lawrence Cager. With better coaching he could develop into a decent contributor for us, but I’d be surprised if that’s more than cb3. This would be a pick up for depth.
No way a 5’9 skinny K.J. sails beats out a 6’1 emerging Dj Ivey. Book that! And don’t let his man crushes try to convince you otherwise.

You know what the main problem with CIS is? It's littered with people like you who THINK they're smarter than they actually ARE. 1st of all..he's 5.11" not 5.9". Secondly..you're attempting to project what Sails is going to do @ MIA based off of his RS freshmen tape. I realize that hindsight is 20/20 but imagine if you tried to do that with Gerald Willis based off of his tape from his RS Sophomore yr-do you think that would make you seem intelligent or unintelligent? Adding Sails allows the young corners on the roster to develop at a natural pace, in the same way that M.Jack was afforded that luxury. MIA at the moment only has 6 CBs on scholarship. They should have 9, and CB depth is more important in today's college football than LB depth.

Last edited:
You know what the main problem with CIS is? It's littered with people like you who THINK they're smarter than they actually ARE. 1st of all..he's 5.11" not 5.9". Secondly..you're attempting to project what Sails is going to do @ MIA based off of his RS freshmen tape. I realize that hindsight is 20/20 but Imagine if you tried to do that with Gerald Willis based off of his tape from his RS Sophomore yr-do you think that would make you seem intelligent or unintelligent? Adding Sails allows the young corners on the roster to develop at a natural pace, in the same way that M.Jack was afforded that luxury. MIA at the moment only has 6 CBs on scholarship. They should have 9, and CB depth is more important in today's college football than LB depth.
No the problem with CIS’ers is that everyone is monkey see monkey do’in and trying their best to insult and put down anyone with an opinion different than their own. And a lot of y’all weak minded individuals are just following the mob not even realizing it.

So you missed where I said he could be a good contributor with better coaching and that this is a depth move. Unc’s dB coaching was horrible. I watched the guy play for two years. My take is not from tape but watching EVERY SINGLE GAME FROM 2013-2018 many of them from the UNC player family section front row 50 yard line.

My brother was listed at 5’11 but he’s actually 5’10 and he’s taller than KJ. Trust me I don’t think I’m smart or know it all, like you know kJ is 5’11. But whatever man... I’m done speaking on it. I hope he comes in a plays well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back