Got to expect an OC announcement soon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Only place Coley called an offense was here, and we were average and terrible on 3rd down & RZ

The good ol Halfback Pass in the Snow, how do you guys forget? Classic Coley, one of the worst playcalls in UM history. Do not want

Bring me Fedora

The good ol Halfback Pass in the Snow, how do you guys forget? Classic Coley, one of the worst playcalls in UM history. Do not want

Bring me Fedora

I also have it on good authority that it was Coley that pushed Corch Smart to call that fake punt in the SEC championship game.

Highly suggest you guys research what Coley has done at UGA in short 3 years before taking a **** on him. He's elevated his resume significantly. I remember I did my research on CMRs Offense & Searles and started calling BS on them Year One, which was much maligned at the time, but is now common belief that they were sub-par.

Advertisement
Fedora has his detractors but as an OC he seems to be an excellent choice. He had mixed success as UNCs HC but that’s an different animal. They were really good with Marquise Williams at QB. Didn’t they almost beat Clemson in at ACCCG that year? There were a few questionable calls in Clemson’s favor. Maybe I’m misremembering.

If he wants to parlay success as Miami OC into a new HC job, great. This will make him hungry and should carry over on the field.

@WhatTheHell’s post says it all.
Good memory. UNC recovered an onside kick but I the refs called them for off-sides.

Every call went to Clemson - it was obvious the ACC was pushing them into the title.

Also whatever he said at the end, something like “we’re going to be able to announce a great hire that will be a shot in the arm...”

It’s Fedora unless he fails the background check.

That quote made me feel like it was a bigger name is offensive circles than Fedora.

Advertisement
Fedora has head coaching experience and would be comfortable/capable handling all responsibilities on the Offensive side of the ball.

Has recruited at a high level and at the most important position had success by making Trubisky a top 3 pick.

High energy guy with a lot to prove so he'll be motivated.

I'm going to be severely disappointed if he isn't the hire.
He has moxie and just got fired. I know Manny likes to coach with a chip in his shoulder and wants a staff of guys who will coach with urgency. I will say the old staff was more laid back and less desperate about the way they approached coaching.

Last edited:
Jesus. I can’t help but wonder if some of you actually watch football

I like what UGA dose on offense better than what I’ve seen from UNC of late. How much of that Coley deserves credit for I don’t know, but I understand the concept that he could have grown since the time he left here.

I'm thinking with how quickly he cleaned house yesterday, there already is an an agreement in place, just waiting for the final paperwork before the announcement possibly this afternoon.
OC is probably working on his staff right now.

Advertisement
Back