Got to expect an OC announcement soon

Haha that made me laugh. Just a big Coley fan and thought he got the shaft here (CMR should have never fired him), they adore him at UGA and my buddy was scared Manny might take a run at him.

What is so good abt coley i remember him having a good first drive of each game then the offense kind of stalled. I keep telling everyone anybody can recruit at UGA and Bama see richt

Advertisement
James Coley > Fedora

4C63C480-CFF2-451F-A468-E62E26C759D4.gif

Fedora has his detractors but as an OC he seems to be an excellent choice. He had mixed success as UNCs HC but that’s an different animal. They were really good with Marquise Williams at QB. Didn’t they almost beat Clemson in at ACCCG that year? There were a few questionable calls in Clemson’s favor. Maybe I’m misremembering.

If he wants to parlay success as Miami OC into a new HC job, great. This will make him hungry and should carry over on the field.

@WhatTheHell’s post says it all.
What he did as a HC coach isn't important . It is what his offenses have done that matter and his offenses were **** good when he had any talent ( like Williams and the QB who is at the Bears now ) . Dude is ruthless on O and makes very innovative calls. He was a so so HC but so what. He is an elite OC.

What he did as a HC coach isn't important . It is what his offenses have done that matter and his offenses were **** good when he had any talent ( like Williams and the QB who is at the Bears now ) . Dude is ruthless on O and makes very innovative calls. He was a so so HC but so what. He is an elite OC.

No argument

Advertisement
I don't know about Fedora, offense is very suspect to me, I really do not like this avenue at all.

Not sure why we didn't go after Yost this year or ****ey last year.

Now the the dude headed the UNC, Longo, is better than Fedora

Spavital just took an HC job, but I'm sure we could have offered comparable salary as an OC

We all know about. Riles and where he ended up, which is a damned shame

Yurcich is headed to Ohio St., crazy good offensive coordinator. With that what is going to happen with Kevin Wilson, I mean he has a little dirty laundry from Indiana a few years ago, but this dude is awesome as an OC, and he should definitely be considered

Now this may sound crazy, but TIM ALBIN is still at Ohio, but he's silently uilt a very nice track record for having prolific offensive numbers.

That team literally had a guy fake a heart attack to try and distract our D. Nobody was fooled, the play got crushed, and the opposing team looked like morons. I mean who the **** does that?!?
Arkansas State, of course.

Not an elite OC, he's decent. Just not an elite guy, see my post above if you want to read about Elite OC.

Advertisement
Coley was not a great play caller and his offense flat out IGNORED the middle of the field on a regular basis.

Oh, and he called a halfback pass in the snow.

Anyone putting Coley in the same sentence as Fedora as a play caller should find another hobby to follow.
He looks like a great play caller compared to what we just witnessed this year but agree with this especially with the nonsensical comparison of him and fedora. Coley was great for the opening sequence and went through long stretches of inefficient offenses. Maybe he’s improved being at uga. I like what he has done with Fromm though and the qb play wasn’t bad at Miami when he was here either

He looks like a great play caller compared to what we just witnessed this year but agree with this especially with the nonsensical comparison of him and fedora. Coley was great for the opening sequence and went through long stretches of inefficient offenses. Maybe he’s improved being at uga. I like what he has done with Fromm though and the qb play wasn’t bad at Miami when he was here either

All of Coley's best strengths and qualities came OFF THE FIELD. Great recruiter, good coach to have in the QB room, etc etc. The problem was he was a garbage play caller.

It's funny, due to the incompetence that we as a fanbase have had to endure for the past 2 decades, we have collectively developed a severe case of PTSD.

Fedora is just about the best hire this program will make in the last 20 years. I can't even contain how excited I am and I'm going to lose my **** the second this is official official.

Fedora has head coaching experience and would be comfortable/capable handling all responsibilities on the Offensive side of the ball.

Has recruited at a high level and at the most important position had success by making Trubisky a top 3 pick.

High energy guy with a lot to prove so he'll be motivated.

I'm going to be severely disappointed if he isn't the hire.

Advertisement
All of Coley's best strengths and qualities came OFF THE FIELD. Great recruiter, good coach to have in the QB room, etc etc. The problem was he was a garbage play caller.

It's funny, due to the incompetence that we as a fanbase have had to endure for the past 2 decades, we have collectively developed a severe case of PTSD.

Fedora is just about the best hire this program will make in the last 20 years. I can't even contain how excited I am and I'm going to lose my **** the second this is official official.
Feel the same way you do about fedora.

What is so good abt coley i remember him having a good first drive of each game then the offense kind of stalled. I keep telling everyone anybody can recruit at UGA and Bama see richt
Golden forced him to go conservative with any less, and it killed us.

Advertisement

We screamed at him for having 3 scripted plays to start every drive... and now he is Bill Walsh???

Advertisement
Back