Off-Topic Golf Clubs?

I haven't, I'm a game-improvement iron player. Still working my way through the mid-80's after cutting way back on playing due to kids/career.

I hit the TM SIM2's and they just weren't for me. Not the clubs fault, I think subconsciously I wanted to end up in a set of PINGs or Mizunos maybe, but I couldn't hit them to save my life.

Best advice I can give for anyone who isn't a low-handicapper is to swallow your pride, get some lessons because they'll benefit even a mid-handicapper, and when you feel your swing is consistent enough go get fitted somewhere you can try everything. 2nd Swing is a small, family owned operation and they're currently only in Minnesota, Maryland, Delaware and Arizona, but there are plenty of other places that can provide a professional fitting with a large selection of clubs. My only qualm with many fittings offered by club pros at local courses is they tend to have a limited offering of brands/club selection, in my experience at least.

Go into your fitting open minded to try and eliminate any brand-bias. Research the fitters you'll be working with. The guy who fit me qualified and competed in the Sr. Open a couple of month ago and people raved about him in a local golf group on social media.

Oh, and spend just as much time on the practice green as you do the range. I'm the king of turning birdie putts into double-bogeys. I know I should probably practice what preach but I rarely have time to squeeze a full-round in let alone hit a bucket to warm up.

Anyway, GO CANES and hit em straight.

View attachment 152382
Jesus....That *** though...

Advertisement
Callaway woods and mizuno irons. I hear the new TaylorMade irons are great.

Go Canes!
Mizuno irons till I die. Speaking of gear check out my latest golf towel.
Callaway woods and mizuno irons. I hear the new TaylorMade irons are great.

Go Canes!
Mizuno irons till I die. Speaking of gear check out my latest golf towel. 2021-08-28.jpg

Yeah, I've been playing for 25 years and finally took my first lesson about a year ago. While it helped tremendously, I've been fighting off 25 years of bad habits while trying to build muscle memory with my new swing mechanics. It's been an uphill battle but when I strike the ball pure it gives me a chub.

I've heard great things about Club Champion, the only negative being that it's a bit pricey, but you can't go wrong getting fitted through them.
Club Champion has an algorithm that will always fit you into the most expensive club setup.

Advertisement
Anyone ever try out the Cobra one length clubs? The concept intrigues me.

Advertisement
The sim2 driver has done wonders for my game. I like Taylor made and ping irons. It ally comes down to your swing and what feels best to you. Love the game but wish I was better.

The sim2 driver has done wonders for my game. I like Taylor made and ping irons. It ally comes down to your swing and what feels best to you. Love the game but wish I was better.
I went to the BMW yesterday and noticed more than a few big names using the Sim2.

Since this is turning into the official CiSpool golf thread, here are a few pics.

Rory before sinking his birdie putt on 4.

20210830_105551.jpg

Bryson on 4.

20210829_144624.jpg

Brooks on 18 tee.

20210830_105806.jpg

I rolled out when Bryson and Cantlay were on 11, took a 20 minute shuttle ride to get back to poor folk parking, but was able to make it to the bar and watch the sudden death playoff. Had a blast, will try to make it to Wilmington for the BMW next year.

Advertisement
Anyone ever try out the Cobra one length clubs? The concept intrigues me.
I just switched over to one-length clubs. Best golf decision I ever made. Shaved 10 strokes off my very first round with them.

What you give up in length on the long irons more than makes up for itself in control / hitting straight. Will never go back.

Anyone here playing PXGs? Upgraded my Titleist 714 CBs a month ago to 0311T’s and the difference is night and day. Didn’t really care for PXGs before I got fitted for some new heads and shafts and they’ve been game changers for me.

Advertisement
Taylor Made R7 driver
Wilson woods and irons
looking to buy a new set on irons this year
I tested some Cleveland irons and they felt smooth

Sank my first eagle putt (ever) yesterday on a short par 4. Dropped my cart off after the round, looked the cart hand dead in the eyes and told him:

20221227_115828.gif

Advertisement
Back