Off-Topic Golf Clubs?

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot metals. So ****.. and you can crush them
jpx_919_irons_header1200.jpg
I got fitted last month and it came down to the JPX921's or PING G425's. I was smoking the 921's but my spin numbers were super low, ended up going with the PING's without giving up too much distance. Really liked the JPX's though.

Advertisement
I got fitted last month and it came down to the JPX921's or PING G425's. I was smoking the 921's but my spin numbers were super low, ended up going with the PING's without giving up too much distance. Really liked the JPX's though.
It's funny I was opposite. The Pings were my #2. The two were hands down set apart from every other set. I just hit my Mizuno's a bit better. I did end up getting the new Ping Driver & 3 wood, which I absolutely crush. Congrats!

Cant go wrong with Ping drivers. Important to know your swing speed range so you get the appropriate stiffness shaft. Shop once you know the shaft flex you need. The "old" Ping G400 is a great club .. they have a new model out that they now market .. but the performance difference is virtually negligible. I picked up a G400 Max a few months ago for $200 less than the "new" model. Very forgiving.
I had a Ping putter for a long time

Advertisement
Srixon Irons, Ping hybrid, Driver/3W could be Titleist, Taylor Made...but don't listen to me or anyone else - go get fitted! If in So Fl see the Martinez brothers at Planet Golf. They know how to fit!

I've got a really similar set-up (Taylor Made driver, 3W & 5W) except I have an Adams hybrid (which I really don't use often).

just Google used golf clubs. Im guessing your not all that good or you wouldn't even be asking this question. So just google used golf clubs and you will find some really good clubs for cheap. I typed in used Calloway golf clubs and first one I pulled up were $349 for a full set with golf bag. I mean honestly if your not all that good thats hard to beat and if getting back into golfs not your thing you could probably sell them just as quick for same price.

got the callaway rogue x , they,re decent.
After going on golf forums, reading, watching videos, it seemed they fit my swing best... WRONG. I couldn't hit them at all. Like first time hitting a club bad. Lol. Crazy how it all works. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it.

Agree on getting fitted. Only way to properly do it. But make sure you’re going to play a lot first. I love Ping for woods, mavrik hybrids and pxg for irons

Advertisement
After going on golf forums, reading, watching videos, it seemed they fit my swing best... WRONG. I couldn't hit them at all. Like first time hitting a club bad. Lol. Crazy how it all works. Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it.
i was hitting them good at first....... now im hitting everything left. ****ing me rite off.

First tip, don't overspend if you are getting back in. Get some decent used clubs and upgrade as you get settled in. Lots of dudes go out and buy top of the line equipment, and not know one iota on how to use them. I've always been a Nike/Callaway guy, especially for irons ( I played in HS, our school was sponsored by Nike and I got a free set out of it from them), but PXG is good too(They are located here in Phoenix and their gear is really solid). Putter, PING all the way.

Advertisement
Cant go wrong with Ping drivers. Important to know your swing speed range so you get the appropriate stiffness shaft. Shop once you know the shaft flex you need. The "old" Ping G400 is a great club .. they have a new model out that they now market .. but the performance difference is virtually negligible. I picked up a G400 Max a few months ago for $200 less than the "new" model. Very forgiving.
I have the G400 MAX and agree. The feel is great.

It's funny I was opposite. The Pings were my #2. The two were hands down set apart from every other set. I just hit my Mizuno's a bit better. I did end up getting the new Ping Driver & 3 wood, which I absolutely crush. Congrats!
I got fitted and the Mizuno's were the winner. My old Ping's I probably was more consistent with in terms of flight and contact, but these Mizuno's I crush (probably 10 yards more) and they are a little straighter.

Advertisement
Got the new PXG 0211DC when they were running a promotion in June. Great, new irons for the price at the time. If you keep an eye out for a promotion sale it’s worth it IMO. Use a Taylor Made SIM driver.

Advertisement
Back