Golden is saying one thing that is music to my ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your opinion that Butch and his staff could coach circles around Golden and his staff. I don't agree at all.

I remember the banners and the *** kickings we took while Butch was HC. It wasn't until his 5th year that Miami was firing on all cylinders. But the damage from the fans had been done and he hauled ***. Then the fans were ****ed and had no idea why he would lie to them? Bunch of idiots. It's funny watching history repeat itself.

Golden is building the program back up despite fans like you. You clowns will bash him and his staff in one breath and then wonder why recruits aren't buying in? Insanity...

Butch left because the administration wouldn't put a clause in his contract that he felt he needed.

You lose credibility when you twist the facts of the past to fit your present argument.

The only clowns around here are the ones that think pointing out the realities of the situation is making recruits not come here.

Here is a hint:

It's not the people talking about the problems on this staff that are preventing these recruits from coming here.

IT IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEMS ON THIS STAFF CAUSING THESE RECRUITS TO GO ELSEWHERE.

Yeah I'm sure the dumpster fire he inherited has had nothing to do with recruiting. And if you think a clause is the only thing that sent Butch packing then I've got some swampland to sell you.

Advertisement
It's your opinion that Butch and his staff could coach circles around Golden and his staff. I don't agree at all.

I remember the banners and the *** kickings we took while Butch was HC. It wasn't until his 5th year that Miami was firing on all cylinders. But the damage from the fans had been done and he hauled ***. Then the fans were ****ed and had no idea why he would lie to them? Bunch of idiots. It's funny watching history repeat itself.

Golden is building the program back up despite fans like you. You clowns will bash him and his staff in one breath and then wonder why recruits aren't buying in? Insanity...

Butch left because the administration wouldn't put a clause in his contract that he felt he needed.

You lose credibility when you twist the facts of the past to fit your present argument.

The only clowns around here are the ones that think pointing out the realities of the situation is making recruits not come here.

Here is a hint:

It's not the people talking about the problems on this staff that are preventing these recruits from coming here.

Yeah I'm sure the dumpster fire he inherited has had nothing to do with recruiting. And if you think a clause is the only thing that sent Butch packing then I've got some swampland to sell you.

True that AG didn't inherit a good situation.

Butch inherited the remains of a **** prison camp.

"Davis' explanation for what was behind his departure from UM: "Ten days before we played BC [Boston College] in the last game of the season, we had completed 97 percent of the contract. It had taken us three hours to agree to the money. That was done. I was probably one of the lowest-paid [I-A] head coaches when I took that job [in 1995] and then after seven years, they were paying me $1 million. The stumbling block we could never get over was, if they decided to do what North Carolina did [by just suddenly firing him] they were only going to pay me 20 percent of the money, but because [Miami] had been burned by Howard [Schnellenberger] leaving and Jimmy leaving and Dennis [Erickson] leaving, so if I had ever left I had to pay them 80 percent.

"I said, 'Guys that isn't fair. I can't pay you 80 and you're only gonna pay me 20. If you wake up and say, 'I don't like redhead coaches,' I'm gone. Let's either make it 80-80, 20-20 or 50-50.' We battled over 20-80 for almost two months. I turned the Cleveland Browns job down. I turned down two other jobs. Well, lo and behold, the last home visit I made I'm sitting in Antrel Rolle's living room and his mom and dad said, 'Coach, are you gonna be here?' I said, 'Antrel, I will be the head coach at the University of Miami,' and I believed in all my heart I was going to be. Then we go home and four or five days later we still can't get the contract done. [Cleveland president] Carmen Policy calls and says, 'Would you reconsider?'

"I talked it over with my wife. You live a little bit in fear. I thought, 'Well, today they love me, but in 1997 they were flying a plane over the stadium, 'Get Rid of Butch Davis!' It didn't take long to keep reminding yourself that this 80-20 stuff wasn't fair. We made one more stab and called [Miami AD] Paul Dee and he went to the trustees and asked them to make it fair. Finally, we made the change. I wished I hadn't have, but we did."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24372078/despite-being-cleared-in-unc-scandal-davis-still-waiting-for-next-gig

What more do you want? I even put in the part about the banners for you.

Last edited:
Bottom line is young defenses have performed better, in some cases with less talent , then golden young group. This occurs yearly in cfb not once every 20 years like you think.

prove it

I'm not sure how "young" LSU was this past season, but they lost something like 10 starters to the draft after 2012 and were still able to field a top 20 defense in 2013. They lost a lot of talent and leadership but the defense was still leaps and bound better than ours.

Advertisement
Let me guess...you didn't type that above? Lmao. You also said recruiting is getting better better and better and used recruit rankings to back it up. Face it..you believe in them and have used to them to back up your ignorant points . Now your claiming golden only had one month to out together his first class. Lmao.

Lmao at Gooden having to clean house. Yea his own player he recruited. How many guys from the first two classes are no longer on the team? Bottom line is young defenses have performed better, in some cases with less talent , then golden young group. This occurs yearly in cfb not once every 20 years like you think.

Butch Davis brings in 44 players over a 3 year span....beat number 1 ucla or whatever they were
Golden brings in 75 + players over 3 year span and hasn't done ****.

Inherits one of the most experienced and most talented teams in the acc and goes 5-6 against div 1 teams including a loss to a ( at the time) 3-8 handicapped Boston college team. The man is garbage with or without talent.

How many 4 stars does duke have compared to maimi? Lmfao.

YOU STATED that Temple had amassed all of this talent and Golden couldn't win it all. I stated that they had a roster full of nobodies "barely any national recruits". I know all about Miami and how they've recruited and the state of the program. The only thing to go off with Temple was star rankings and they had nothing. They were the worst D1 CFB team in America and were going to drop the program before Golden took over.

Again, you keep forgetting to mention what Golden was handed at Miami? Why is that? You just keep regurgitating the same BS over and over again. Yes, Cancers were shown the door which hurt the depth chart. Yes, Golden put together a recruiting class in a month with no visits pending when he stepped on campus because Radio was incompetent. Yes, Golden was handed an NCAA investigation "thanks Radio" which has been difficult to recruit under. Despite your stupidity these are real issues not excuses. Recruiting is getting better and better and I'm not basing that off of star rankings by recruiting services.

Again, what state were the UF and TCU programs when those young players came into the program. STFU if you're not willing to discuss that because it's pertinent information when talking your BS. Patterson and Meyer actually know how to coach unlike mush mouth Radio Charmin.

You just keep going round and round never discussing anything of substance. But you're a real fan of the Canes, obviously. You talk about Butch but weren't even around when Butch was HC here. Remember the plane flying around the OB calling for his head from stupid ****s like you? Remember the Syracuse slaughter? I'm sure you don't.

I don't give a **** about your young defense BS. Golden is building this program from the ground up the right way and that takes time. If you can't handle the rebuild then haul *** LE nights...

Stop cryin you used recruit rankings to show temple lacked talent and you used them to show Golden was doing a " flabulous" Job recruiting. You obviously believe in them.

Temple had the most all confernce players in the Mac goldens 4th and 5th year. Fact
Iirc golden had more players make nfl teams than any other teams in the Mac.

Golden didn't won squat in fact he never beat a team with a winning record. that's ***** pathetic.

Temple, Boise st..doesn't matter the name .....if you have the best players you should produce results. Golden failed.

Now, tell me how many 4 star players duke had?

Tell me what cancerous players were removed ?

Golden hired dec 12 2010 but according to you he only had a month to put the class together. Hey look everybody Ibis now claims that golden quit recruiting in jan. Even though signing day is February 4 or whatever it is. ( first we'd of feb)

I don't give a **** about a dam airplane I had nothing to do with. I knew butch would get the job done I was in the minority. He showed it by beating some good teams along the way...something Golden hasn't done.

Here is a hint:

True that AG didn't inherit a good situation.

Butch inherited the remains of a **** prison camp.

At least you admit Golden inherited a dumpster fire. You do realize how long it took Butch to rebuild right?

Is it fair to say that Golden at least has the depth chart headed in the right direction? Is it also fair to say that this young team just might continue to get better under his watch?

You don't just snap your fingers and build a national championship team overnight. That first recruiting class Golden brought in was garbage. Each recruiting class has gotten better and better under his watch.

"Davis' explanation for what was behind his departure from UM: "Ten days before we played BC [Boston College] in the last game of the season, we had completed 97 percent of the contract. It had taken us three hours to agree to the money. That was done. I was probably one of the lowest-paid [I-A] head coaches when I took that job [in 1995] and then after seven years, they were paying me $1 million. The stumbling block we could never get over was, if they decided to do what North Carolina did [by just suddenly firing him] they were only going to pay me 20 percent of the money, but because [Miami] had been burned by Howard [Schnellenberger] leaving and Jimmy leaving and Dennis [Erickson] leaving, so if I had ever left I had to pay them 80 percent.

"I said, 'Guys that isn't fair. I can't pay you 80 and you're only gonna pay me 20. If you wake up and say, 'I don't like redhead coaches,' I'm gone. Let's either make it 80-80, 20-20 or 50-50.' We battled over 20-80 for almost two months. I turned the Cleveland Browns job down. I turned down two other jobs. Well, lo and behold, the last home visit I made I'm sitting in Antrel Rolle's living room and his mom and dad said, 'Coach, are you gonna be here?' I said, 'Antrel, I will be the head coach at the University of Miami,' and I believed in all my heart I was going to be. Then we go home and four or five days later we still can't get the contract done. [Cleveland president] Carmen Policy calls and says, 'Would you reconsider?'

"I talked it over with my wife. You live a little bit in fear. I thought, 'Well, today they love me, but in 1997 they were flying a plane over the stadium, 'Get Rid of Butch Davis!' It didn't take long to keep reminding yourself that this 80-20 stuff wasn't fair. We made one more stab and called [Miami AD] Paul Dee and he went to the trustees and asked them to make it fair. Finally, we made the change. I wished I hadn't have, but we did."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24372078/despite-being-cleared-in-unc-scandal-davis-still-waiting-for-next-gig

What more do you want? I even put in the part about the banners for you.

Exactly!!! There may have been contract complications but those banners definitely had a part in his decision. Those same fans flying those banners prematurely with Butch are the same clowns judging Golden and this staff prematurely.

It's not that complicated...

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back