Golden is saying one thing that is music to my ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
LULZ at dudes taking the time to argue with DaU83. You must have absolutely nothing to do to be mixing it up with that guy.

there's no argument. Because i'm right.

You haven't been right about anything. Your silly comments are running into each other. You claim Shannon couldn't recruit or develop yet after 3 years of recruiting Golden can't find guys that are better.

i think you'd find that guys are better, talent wise, but that does not mean they are physically mature enough to take the role.. Talent wise, deon bush was better than any of the guys that we've been trotting out at safety..but then he got hurt... and wasn't fully back last season either.. maybe if deon hadn't been forced into action until he was more physically prepared, it'd be different..

I'm not sure when that became the thought process, we can't expect 20 guys that either just showed up to college, or did so the previous year to be ready to take on the full load like a guy who's been in the program for 3 -4 years.. now if you can't see the talent of the young guys, and aren't smart enough it takes time to get those guys to speed.. that's not my problem.

Having a frosh and soph dominated lineup is nothing new in cfb. In fact, much of miami's youth was attributed to normal atrriction like players leaving early, graduation etc so Miami was going to be young regardless. Deon Bush came in and started cause he was the best option. The better players graduated, left early or got kicked off the team. Besides that fact, it's year 3 for golden and garbage players like highsmith and Rodger were still seeing the field. Again, in your own words these are two players who sucked and weren't developed. No reason why Golden can recruit a better player land have them come in early and start or Atleast play over these two scrubs as you basically put it.

Besides, the fact remains that you claimed that these 3-4 year players were not developed. Part of development Is physical strength. It's not uncommon for a more talented yet less stronger player to start over a player who is percieved to be more physically developed. Your example with bush was **** poor and you have yet to provide any other examples. Meanwhile, there are plenty of examples of young defenses on a yearly basis performing better than Miami's group has. 2007 uf is a good example. Tcu in 2012 ...those are just off the top of my head. Those groups were young ( frosh and soph dominated) and while they took their lumps they weren't amongst the worse in NCAA history.

Once again your excuses are running into each other. The players from the previous coached weren't developed and sucked yet they were strong enough and good enough to hold off Goldens players for much of 3 years.

Funny how a freshman like Vilma, who you have no idea how his strength compares to ralfeal Kirby can come in and take snaps from an all American but Kirby can't do the same from a scrub, under developed player like James gains. Same for shayon green, same for highsmith, same for kacey rodgers etc. I mean if golden is this great recruiter and those players are so bad, as you put it, then they certainly should be able to surplant those garbage players despite physical situations like spence, Howard, perriman, chick etc and all those other young teams in cfb history who were able to do it.

Advertisement
Golden is getting the program back to where the replacements are better than the outgoing players like Butch Davis did.

Hey LEMiamiNeyers:

How all those "NFL players" doing from the 2008 class? LMAO.

A lot better than dequan ivery, Nate dortch, Jacory briscoe, gable terry, Danny Dillard, josh Witt, Vernon Davis, Larry hope, Preston Dewey, jake o'donnel, jontavious carter, Gary crow, Robert Lockhart, junior Alexis, Darius smith, Corey King, Eddie Johnson Gianni Paul, jalen grimble, thruston armbrister, Ricardo Williams, Thomas finnie etc.

Advertisement
Golden is getting the program back to where the replacements are better than the outgoing players like Butch Davis did.

Butch Davis didn't have two of the worst defenses in school history back to back so I have no idea where this line of thinking comes from.

Yeah, Bush should have been a dominant safety in the nation last season, hernia surgery or no. Ed Reed never heard of no hernia...

LULZ at dudes taking the time to argue with DaU83. You must have absolutely nothing to do to be mixing it up with that guy.

You haven't been right about anything. Your silly comments are running into each other. You claim Shannon couldn't recruit or develop yet after 3 years of recruiting Golden can't find guys that are better.

i think you'd find that guys are better, talent wise, but that does not mean they are physically mature enough to take the role.. Talent wise, deon bush was better than any of the guys that we've been trotting out at safety..but then he got hurt... and wasn't fully back last season either.. maybe if deon hadn't been forced into action until he was more physically prepared, it'd be different..

I'm not sure when that became the thought process, we can't expect 20 guys that either just showed up to college, or did so the previous year to be ready to take on the full load like a guy who's been in the program for 3 -4 years.. now if you can't see the talent of the young guys, and aren't smart enough it takes time to get those guys to speed.. that's not my problem.

Having a frosh and soph dominated lineup is nothing new in cfb. In fact, much of miami's youth was attributed to normal atrriction like players leaving early, graduation etc so Miami was going to be young regardless. Deon Bush came in and started cause he was the best option. The better players graduated, left early or got kicked off the team. Besides that fact, it's year 3 for golden and garbage players like highsmith and Rodger were still seeing the field. Again, in your own words these are two players who sucked and weren't developed. No reason why Golden can recruit a better player land have them come in early and start or Atleast play over these two scrubs as you basically put it.

Besides, the fact remains that you claimed that these 3-4 year players were not developed. Part of development Is physical strength. It's not uncommon for a more talented yet less stronger player to start over a player who is percieved to be more physically developed. Your example with bush was **** poor and you have yet to provide any other examples. Meanwhile, there are plenty of examples of young defenses on a yearly basis performing better than Miami's group has. 2007 uf is a good example. Tcu in 2012 ...those are just off the top of my head. Those groups were young ( frosh and soph dominated) and while they took their lumps they weren't amongst the worse in NCAA history.

Once again your excuses are running into each other. The players from the previous coached weren't developed and sucked yet they were strong enough and good enough to hold off Goldens players for much of 3 years.

Funny how a freshman like Vilma, who you have no idea how his strength compares to ralfeal Kirby can come in and take snaps from an all American but Kirby can't do the same from a scrub, under developed player like James gains. Same for shayon green, same for highsmith, same for kacey rodgers etc. I mean if golden is this great recruiter and those players are so bad, as you put it, then they certainly should be able to surplant those garbage players despite physical situations like spence, Howard, perriman, chick etc and all those other young teams in cfb history who were able to do it.
please name me one good defense that was dominated by freshman and sophomores... your example is of one guy who was exceptional getting on the field.. howard, who is seemingly a beast.. couldn't supplant anyone his first year... does that mean howard sucks? no.. he has to mature physically and mentally, and has to learn the defense too. These are all common sense things though, which may escape you.

Remember: DaU is the fat kid from CanesTime who defended Nix and Shannon til the bitter end.

Advertisement

Butch Davis didn't have two of the worst defenses in school history back to back so I have no idea where this line of thinking comes from.

FYI - 1996 / 1997 : avg PA/G = 25.35

2012 / 2013 : avg PA/G = 28.65

While 3 points better for Butch's team , done with an easier SOS. And by WAY easier, I mean 80th and 59th versus 42nd and 44th.

And let me guess, you were part of the crew that wanted Butch fired back in the day also.

Funny how a freshman like Vilma, who you have no idea how his strength compares to ralfeal Kirby can come in and take snaps from an all American but Kirby can't do the same from a scrub, under developed player like James gains. Same for shayon green, same for highsmith, same for kacey rodgers etc. I mean if golden is this great recruiter and those players are so bad, as you put it, then they certainly should be able to surplant those garbage players despite physical situations like spence, Howard, perriman, chick etc and all those other young teams in cfb history who were able to do it

please name me one good defense that was dominated by freshman and sophomores...

FSU. 6 starters were freshmen or sophomores.

Funny how a freshman like Vilma, who you have no idea how his strength compares to ralfeal Kirby can come in and take snaps from an all American but Kirby can't do the same from a scrub, under developed player like James gains. Same for shayon green, same for highsmith, same for kacey rodgers etc. I mean if golden is this great recruiter and those players are so bad, as you put it, then they certainly should be able to surplant those garbage players despite physical situations like spence, Howard, perriman, chick etc and all those other young teams in cfb history who were able to do it

please name me one good defense that was dominated by freshman and sophomores...

Do not believe this is true: From my count, it is 4 and they were all So, no freshmen.

DE Giorgia Newberry-So
DT Demonte McAllister-Sr
DT Timmy Jernigan-Jr
DE Mario Edwards-So
SLB Terrance Smith-So
MLB Telvin Smith-Sr
WLB Christian Jones-Sr
CB Keelin Smith-So
CB Nick Waisome-Jr
SS Lamarcus Joyner-Sr
FS Terrence Brooks-Sr

Do not believe this is true: From my count, it is 4 and they were all So, no freshmen.

DE Giorgia Newberry-So
DT Demonte McAllister-Sr
DT Timmy Jernigan-Jr
DE Mario Edwards-So
SLB Terrance Smith-So
MLB Telvin Smith-Sr
WLB Christian Jones-Sr
CB Keelin Smith-So
CB Nick Waisome-Jr
SS Lamarcus Joyner-Sr
FS Terrence Brooks-Sr

Was that the spring depth chart? Newberry was definitely moved to TE.
So- Darby CB
So- PJ Williams CB
FR- Ramsey S
So- Terrance Smith LB
So- Edwards DE
So- Goldman DT

http://m.newsherald.com/sports/bcs-...rida-state-depth-chart-coaches-list-1.256811/

Last edited:
Advertisement

DE Giorgia Newberry-So
DT Demonte McAllister-Sr
DT Timmy Jernigan-Jr
DE Mario Edwards-So
SLB Terrance Smith-So
MLB Telvin Smith-Sr
WLB Christian Jones-Sr
CB Keelin Smith-So
CB Nick Waisome-Jr
SS Lamarcus Joyner-Sr
FS Terrence Brooks-Sr

So- Darby CB
So- PJ Williams CB
FR- Ramsey S
So- Terrance Smith LB
So- Edwards DE
So- Goldman DT

http://m.newsherald.com/sports/bcs-...rida-state-depth-chart-coaches-list-1.256811/

They have 12 positions as starters? Wasnt Joyner the starting FS? And dont forget, they also had the Heisman winner and one of the highest scoring offenses in college football history. So while they did have young players contribute, majority of their defensive players were expirienced with 3+ years.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/depthchart.html

Using the champs as the example which was asked for is all well, but is that the list?

DE Giorgia Newberry-So
DT Demonte McAllister-Sr
DT Timmy Jernigan-Jr
DE Mario Edwards-So
SLB Terrance Smith-So
MLB Telvin Smith-Sr
WLB Christian Jones-Sr
CB Keelin Smith-So
CB Nick Waisome-Jr
SS Lamarcus Joyner-Sr
FS Terrence Brooks-Sr

So- Darby CB
So- PJ Williams CB
FR- Ramsey S
So- Terrance Smith LB
So- Edwards DE
So- Goldman DT

They have 12 positions as starters? Wasnt Joyner the starting FS? And dont forget, they also had the Heisman winner and one of the highest scoring offenses in college football history. So while they did have young players contribute, majority of their defensive players were expirienced with 3+ years.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/depthchart.html

Using the champs as the example which was asked for is all well, but is that the list?

FSU played in a 3-3-5 the majority of the time. Joyner was the Nickel.

FYI - 1996 / 1997 : avg PA/G = 25.35

2012 / 2013 : avg PA/G = 28.65

While 3 points better for Butch's team , done with an easier SOS. And by WAY easier, I mean 80th and 59th versus 42nd and 44th.

And let me guess, you were part of the crew that wanted Butch fired back in the day also.

He wasn't even around to witness the Butch era back in the day. Notice how he mentions UF and TCU starting some Sophomores and Freshmen on a defense? He fails to mention that UF and TCU were under competent coaching staffs and were already firing on all cylinders as a program goes. Those Sophomores and Freshmen walked in to proven systems. Golden inherited a dumpster fire along with an NCAA investigation "thanks Radio!" and is also trying to change the entire culture while implementing a brand new 3-4 Hybrid that has never been run at Miami.

But those facts don't matter in the world of LE nights...

Last edited:
Advertisement

But Goldman, Darby, Edwards, and Ramsey were 5 stars regarded as the top player at their position on at least 1 recruiting site. not exactly the "average" for freshman.

The other major young players were RS Soph LB Terr. Smith, CB PJ Williams, and S Nate Andrews was a 3 star (not an elite athlete, but similar to Sal Sunserinat Bama) that was hand picked by Pruitt as the "Money" back. An LB/S Hybrid.

Last edited:

But Goldman, Darby, Edwards, and Ramsey were 5 stars regarded as the top player at their position on at least 1 recruiting site. not exactly the "average" for freshman.

The other major young players were RS Soph LB Terr. Smith, CB PJ Williams, and S Nate Andrews was a 3 star (not an elite athlete, but similar to Sal Sunserinat Bama) that was hand picked by Pruitt as the "Money" back. An LB/S Hybrid.

There are no "buts" about it. He specifically asked for one example and that's what I gave him.

Shocking that 5 stars contributes early in a major way? Welcome to big time football.

There are no "buts" about it. He specifically asked for one example and that's what I gave him.

Shocking that 5 stars contributes early in a major way? Welcome to big time football.
So 1 freshman, and couple of sophomores counts as "dominating the defense" i guess.. not to mention, that's sprinkling a few talented guys into an already talented defense.. our upperclass guys, especially on the Dline .. were not there.

So 1 freshman, and couple of sophomores counts as "dominating the defense" i guess.. not to mention, that's sprinkling a few talented guys into an already talented defense.. our upperclass guys, especially on the Dline .. were not there.

A couple of sophomores? Try 5. Quit spinning.

Like I said, they had 6 total underclassmen starting which is more than we had. FSU also had 7 defensive players drafted the previous year and had to replace all but one defensive coach. All of this happened under a new scheme.

Of course we're not there yet but it can be done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back