Golden is saying one thing that is music to my ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSU. 6 starters were freshmen or sophomores.

But Goldman, Darby, Edwards, and Ramsey were 5 stars regarded as the top player at their position on at least 1 recruiting site. not exactly the "average" for freshman.

The other major young players were RS Soph LB Terr. Smith, CB PJ Williams, and S Nate Andrews was a 3 star (not an elite athlete, but similar to Sal Sunserinat Bama) that was hand picked by Pruitt as the "Money" back. An LB/S Hybrid.

There are no "buts" about it. He specifically asked for one example and that's what I gave him.

Shocking that 5 stars contributes early in a major way? Welcome to big time football.
So 1 freshman, and couple of sophomores counts as "dominating the defense" i guess.. not to mention, that's sprinkling a few talented guys into an already talented defense.. our upperclass guys, especially on the Dline .. were not there.

A couple of sophomores? Try 5. Quit spinning.

Like I said, they had 6 total underclassmen starting which is more than we had. FSU also had 7 defensive players drafted the previous year and had to replace all but one defensive coach. All of this happened under a new scheme.

Of course we're not there yet but it can be done...

no spinning needed.. the interior of their D had how many of those sophomores? Redshirt sophomores have been there 3 years.. those guys aren't underclassmen in anything other than designation.. we could go up and down the list of top 10 defenses, and i bet having 5 underclassmen logging major minutes is the exception, not the rule..

Advertisement
But Goldman, Darby, Edwards, and Ramsey were 5 stars regarded as the top player at their position on at least 1 recruiting site. not exactly the "average" for freshman.

The other major young players were RS Soph LB Terr. Smith, CB PJ Williams, and S Nate Andrews was a 3 star (not an elite athlete, but similar to Sal Sunserinat Bama) that was hand picked by Pruitt as the "Money" back. An LB/S Hybrid.

There are no "buts" about it. He specifically asked for one example and that's what I gave him.

Shocking that 5 stars contributes early in a major way? Welcome to big time football.
So 1 freshman, and couple of sophomores counts as "dominating the defense" i guess.. not to mention, that's sprinkling a few talented guys into an already talented defense.. our upperclass guys, especially on the Dline .. were not there.

A couple of sophomores? Try 5. Quit spinning.

Like I said, they had 6 total underclassmen starting which is more than we had. FSU also had 7 defensive players drafted the previous year and had to replace all but one defensive coach. All of this happened under a new scheme.

Of course we're not there yet but it can be done...

no spinning needed.. the interior of their D had how many of those sophomores? Redshirt sophomores have been there 3 years.. those guys aren't underclassmen in anything other than designation.. we could go up and down the list of top 10 defenses, and i bet having 5 underclassmen logging major minutes is the exception, not the rule..

Nowhere in my post did I say that it was the rule. You asked for an example and I gave it to you.

And what are you talking about as far as redshift sophomore DTs? They had none starting.

Last edited:
Golden is getting the program back to where the replacements are better than the outgoing players like Butch Davis did.

Butch Davis didn't have two of the worst defenses in school history back to back so I have no idea where this line of thinking comes from.
Yeah but he did have a 5 win season and one of wosre defeats in school history vs Syracuse when they put 60 something points on him his 4th year.
Just goes to show what good coaches go through when building a program and bringing in talent and depth to the point where the backups end up being better than players they replaced that left. Butch and Golden have a lot of similarities.
Bet that Carter, Kirby, AQM, Figaroa, end up better than the players they replacing.

Golden is getting the program back to where the replacements are better than the outgoing players like Butch Davis did.

Butch Davis didn't have two of the worst defenses in school history back to back so I have no idea where this line of thinking comes from.
Yeah but he did have a 5 win season and one of wosre defeats in school history vs Syracuse when they put 60 something points on him his 4th year.
Just goes to show what good coaches go through when building a program and bringing in talent and depth to the point where the backups end up being better than players they replaced that left. Butch and Golden have a lot of similarities.
Bet that Carter, Kirby, AQM, Figaroa, end up better than the players they replacing.

Lmao..There is no comparison between the two coaches as far as depth. Miami only signed 44 players the 3 seasons prior to 1997. We've signed over 75 the 3 seasons prior to 2013.

1996-12
1995-17
1994-15

What Butch had to go through was brutal. That 5 win season in 1997 was understandable.

Last edited:

Lmao..There is no comparison between the two coaches as far as depth. Miami only signed 44 players the 3 seasons prior to 1997. We've signed over 75 the 3 seasons prior to 2013.

1996-12
1995-17
1994-15

What Butch had to go through was brutal. That 5 win in season 1997 was understandable.

Exactly...sure butch had some bad moments but he also had some good ones like the win vs ucla. That's the difference. Golden has all bad moments and zero good ones despite being able to bring in 30+ more players over the same time frame.

How much more pathetic would Golden be if he were only allowed to sign 44 players the last 3 years? Can't even imagine.

Advertisement
there's no argument. Because i'm right.

You haven't been right about anything. Your silly comments are running into each other. You claim Shannon couldn't recruit or develop yet after 3 years of recruiting Golden can't find guys that are better.

i think you'd find that guys are better, talent wise, but that does not mean they are physically mature enough to take the role.. Talent wise, deon bush was better than any of the guys that we've been trotting out at safety..but then he got hurt... and wasn't fully back last season either.. maybe if deon hadn't been forced into action until he was more physically prepared, it'd be different..

I'm not sure when that became the thought process, we can't expect 20 guys that either just showed up to college, or did so the previous year to be ready to take on the full load like a guy who's been in the program for 3 -4 years.. now if you can't see the talent of the young guys, and aren't smart enough it takes time to get those guys to speed.. that's not my problem.

Having a frosh and soph dominated lineup is nothing new in cfb. In fact, much of miami's youth was attributed to normal atrriction like players leaving early, graduation etc so Miami was going to be young regardless. Deon Bush came in and started cause he was the best option. The better players graduated, left early or got kicked off the team. Besides that fact, it's year 3 for golden and garbage players like highsmith and Rodger were still seeing the field. Again, in your own words these are two players who sucked and weren't developed. No reason why Golden can recruit a better player land have them come in early and start or Atleast play over these two scrubs as you basically put it.

Besides, the fact remains that you claimed that these 3-4 year players were not developed. Part of development Is physical strength. It's not uncommon for a more talented yet less stronger player to start over a player who is percieved to be more physically developed. Your example with bush was **** poor and you have yet to provide any other examples. Meanwhile, there are plenty of examples of young defenses on a yearly basis performing better than Miami's group has. 2007 uf is a good example. Tcu in 2012 ...those are just off the top of my head. Those groups were young ( frosh and soph dominated) and while they took their lumps they weren't amongst the worse in NCAA history.

Once again your excuses are running into each other. The players from the previous coached weren't developed and sucked yet they were strong enough and good enough to hold off Goldens players for much of 3 years.

Funny how a freshman like Vilma, who you have no idea how his strength compares to ralfeal Kirby can come in and take snaps from an all American but Kirby can't do the same from a scrub, under developed player like James gains. Same for shayon green, same for highsmith, same for kacey rodgers etc. I mean if golden is this great recruiter and those players are so bad, as you put it, then they certainly should be able to surplant those garbage players despite physical situations like spence, Howard, perriman, chick etc and all those other young teams in cfb history who were able to do it.
please name me one good defense that was dominated by freshman and sophomores... your example is of one guy who was exceptional getting on the field.. howard, who is seemingly a beast.. couldn't supplant anyone his first year... does that mean howard sucks? no.. he has to mature physically and mentally, and has to learn the defense too. These are all common sense things though, which may escape you.

At this point you're just looking for anything now. Nobody mention anything about being dominant with a bunch of frosh and sophs. Just performing better than 116 which tcu ( who led the big 12 in total defnese btw). Uf in 2007, ou had a young defnese can't recall which year early 2000's, Lsu whatever year, the list goes on.

I'll say again since you seem to have a hard time understanding.....there have been plenty of defenses doinated by frosh and soph players that have performed better than what we've seen from golden especially at a place like Miami. Are you denying this? Yes or no?

FYI - 1996 / 1997 : avg PA/G = 25.35

2012 / 2013 : avg PA/G = 28.65

While 3 points better for Butch's team , done with an easier SOS. And by WAY easier, I mean 80th and 59th versus 42nd and 44th.

And let me guess, you were part of the crew that wanted Butch fired back in the day also.

He wasn't even around to witness the Butch era back in the day. Notice how he mentions UF and TCU starting some Sophomores and Freshmen on a defense? He fails to mention that UF and TCU were under competent coaching staffs and were already firing on all cylinders as a program goes. Those Sophomores and Freshmen walked in to proven systems. Golden inherited a dumpster fire along with an NCAA investigation "thanks Radio!" and is also trying to change the entire culture while implementing a brand new 3-4 Hybrid that has never been run at Miami.

But those facts don't matter in the world of LE nights...

If you use recruit rankings ( which you like to use). Miami is rolling when it comes to recruiting. Much better than tcu. But that doesn't change the fact that a frosh and soph dominated lineup is a frosh and soph dominated lineup and they face the same issues that you claim golden faced. The difference is coaching wheather it be x and o /they recruited better players etc.

You haven't been right about anything. Your silly comments are running into each other. You claim Shannon couldn't recruit or develop yet after 3 years of recruiting Golden can't find guys that are better.

i think you'd find that guys are better, talent wise, but that does not mean they are physically mature enough to take the role.. Talent wise, deon bush was better than any of the guys that we've been trotting out at safety..but then he got hurt... and wasn't fully back last season either.. maybe if deon hadn't been forced into action until he was more physically prepared, it'd be different..

I'm not sure when that became the thought process, we can't expect 20 guys that either just showed up to college, or did so the previous year to be ready to take on the full load like a guy who's been in the program for 3 -4 years.. now if you can't see the talent of the young guys, and aren't smart enough it takes time to get those guys to speed.. that's not my problem.

Having a frosh and soph dominated lineup is nothing new in cfb. In fact, much of miami's youth was attributed to normal atrriction like players leaving early, graduation etc so Miami was going to be young regardless. Deon Bush came in and started cause he was the best option. The better players graduated, left early or got kicked off the team. Besides that fact, it's year 3 for golden and garbage players like highsmith and Rodger were still seeing the field. Again, in your own words these are two players who sucked and weren't developed. No reason why Golden can recruit a better player land have them come in early and start or Atleast play over these two scrubs as you basically put it.

Besides, the fact remains that you claimed that these 3-4 year players were not developed. Part of development Is physical strength. It's not uncommon for a more talented yet less stronger player to start over a player who is percieved to be more physically developed. Your example with bush was **** poor and you have yet to provide any other examples. Meanwhile, there are plenty of examples of young defenses on a yearly basis performing better than Miami's group has. 2007 uf is a good example. Tcu in 2012 ...those are just off the top of my head. Those groups were young ( frosh and soph dominated) and while they took their lumps they weren't amongst the worse in NCAA history.

Once again your excuses are running into each other. The players from the previous coached weren't developed and sucked yet they were strong enough and good enough to hold off Goldens players for much of 3 years.

Funny how a freshman like Vilma, who you have no idea how his strength compares to ralfeal Kirby can come in and take snaps from an all American but Kirby can't do the same from a scrub, under developed player like James gains. Same for shayon green, same for highsmith, same for kacey rodgers etc. I mean if golden is this great recruiter and those players are so bad, as you put it, then they certainly should be able to surplant those garbage players despite physical situations like spence, Howard, perriman, chick etc and all those other young teams in cfb history who were able to do it.
please name me one good defense that was dominated by freshman and sophomores... your example is of one guy who was exceptional getting on the field.. howard, who is seemingly a beast.. couldn't supplant anyone his first year... does that mean howard sucks? no.. he has to mature physically and mentally, and has to learn the defense too. These are all common sense things though, which may escape you.

At this point you're just looking for anything now. Nobody mention anything about being dominant with a bunch of frosh and sophs. Just performing better than 116 which tcu ( who led the big 12 in total defnese btw). Uf in 2007, ou had a young defnese can't recall which year early 2000's, Lsu whatever year, the list goes on.

I'll say again since you seem to have a hard time understanding.....there have been plenty of defenses doinated by frosh and soph players that have performed better than what we've seen from golden especially at a place like Miami. Are you denying this? Yes or no?

as long as you realize those are EXCEPTIONS.. then that's fine.. that's not something that should be the expectation.

While 3 points better for Butch's team , done with an easier SOS. And by WAY easier, I mean 80th and 59th versus 42nd and 44th.

And let me guess, you were part of the crew that wanted Butch fired back in the day also.

He wasn't even around to witness the Butch era back in the day. Notice how he mentions UF and TCU starting some Sophomores and Freshmen on a defense? He fails to mention that UF and TCU were under competent coaching staffs and were already firing on all cylinders as a program goes. Those Sophomores and Freshmen walked in to proven systems. Golden inherited a dumpster fire along with an NCAA investigation "thanks Radio!" and is also trying to change the entire culture while implementing a brand new 3-4 Hybrid that has never been run at Miami.

If you use recruit rankings ( which you like to use). Miami is rolling when it comes to recruiting. Much better than tcu. But that doesn't change the fact that a frosh and soph dominated lineup is a frosh and soph dominated lineup and they face the same issues that you claim golden faced. The difference is coaching wheather it be x and o /they recruited better players etc.

Who cares about TCU? They won a combines 11 games the past 2 seasons.

Advertisement

as long as you realize those are EXCEPTIONS.. then that's fine.. that's not something that should be the expectation.

It's to be expected cause it's done on a yearly basis by teams with less talent than Miami especially when you factor the talent of the teams played in a given year.

There is no reason why every team Miami faces has its best offensive performance of the year against the cane defense.

Don't put words in my mouth you ******* dumb ****. Never have I said anything about bogus recruiting rankings. It doesn't tell the story of all the players who were asked to leave because they were cancers. It doesn't tell the story of players never making it in to the program at all. It doesn't measure heart and drive. It doesn't take in to account the state of the program.

Miami could have brought in every 5 star in the world under Radio and it wouldn't have mattered because he was an incompetent buffoon. Golden came in and had to clean house right off the bat. There was a mass exodus. Then he had to start the season with his best leftovers suspended, some for half the season. Remember not getting Ray Ray back at all. His first class isn't even here because he had to put it together in one month because Radio had no visits lined up. He had already checked out.

You keep mentioning TCU? Surprise! That's because your savior went there to coach. What you keep failing to mention about TCU and that defense is that Patterson has been there forever. Those Sophomores and Freshmen walked in to a stable program. They weren't asked to learn something brand new to the entire program. They had upperclassmen that could coach them up along with the coaches. They didn't walk into a dumpster fire like your boyfriend Radio left the program in.

Same goes for UF. They had Urban Meyer who's one of the best in the business at the helm. Not some incompetent mush mouth like Radio leading. The problem is you actually believe Radio did a great job here when it couldn't be any further from the truth. He did nothing well that a HC of any top notch program should be able to do. **** you would think at the very least he'd have great rapport with the local HS coaches in the area. Radio couldn't even get that right.

I know, I know... Let's not talk about the true state of the program that Golden inherited because that destroys your BS.

Last edited:
Ibis
Recruit

Ignore User
Originally Posted by LEmeyers
Originally Posted by Ibis
Originally Posted by Ibis

Is manny hazard the greatest wr in NCAA history? That's what the stats say? Would you take manny hazard over randy moss? That's stats say hazard was a better wr.

To answer your question....temples defense was decent not good. They never beat anybody good, stopped a great offense nor did the perform well against the better teams/ offenses in the Mac.
They didn't beat anybody good? They beat UCONN by two TD's who happened to win the Big East that year and played in a BCS. And what happened when Golden and Coach D left Temple? It's once again the dumpster fire it's always been that's what.

Temple was the worst D1 program in the entire nation when Golden took over. By the time he left Temple would have curb stomped Radio's Canes. Think about that for a second.
Uconn was 8-5. Since when did somebody blow off fireworks ( besides you) for beating a 8-5 team?

And yea...he would have stomped Shannon's canes the same way he stomped Villanova. Lmao. Or any team in the Mac with a winning record.
It was at TEMPLE! You know, the doormat of the CFB world? And again, what happened to Temple when Golden and Coach D left? The program is on it's way back to the bottom of the barrel.

Carry on Nights
I don't care what the helmet says even if it's just plain like yours. When you amass more talent than anyone else in your league you are expected and should win said league.

Golden did a great job amassing talent but he clearly choked in years 4 and 5. They honey moon was over after year 3 and most everyone picked temple to win the Mac in Goldens last two years. Not only did he not win, he choked and never beat a team with a winning record.

Don't get mad at me. Get mad at golden.
Temple didn't have a single 4 star or above on the entire roster. They had maybe one or two 3 stars. Where's all this talent they amassed that you speak of? What a load of horseshyte!

Golden turned a bunch of players that nobody had ever heard of into a football team that would have spanked Radio's Canes. It's amazing that people who do this for a living speak glowingly of Golden but some butt hurt agenda driven stooge on a message boards knows best?

Like I said, most of you were ready to slob Goldens rod your throats after UF and the 7-0 start. Now he's trash? What a bunch of mopes! Or trolls

Let me guess...you didn't type that above? Lmao. You also said recruiting is getting better better and better and used recruit rankings to back it up. Face it..you believe in them and have used to them to back up your ignorant points . Now your claiming golden only had one month to out together his first class. Lmao.

Lmao at Gooden having to clean house. Yea his own player he recruited. How many guys from the first two classes are no longer on the team? Bottom line is young defenses have performed better, in some cases with less talent , then golden young group. This occurs yearly in cfb not once every 20 years like you think.

Butch Davis brings in 44 players over a 3 year span....beat number 1 ucla or whatever they were
Golden brings in 75 + players over 3 year span and hasn't done ****.

Inherits one of the most experienced and most talented teams in the acc and goes 5-6 against div 1 teams including a loss to a ( at the time) 3-8 handicapped Boston college team. The man is garbage with or without talent.

How many 4 stars does duke have compared to maimi? Lmfao.

Advertisement
Let me guess...you didn't type that above? Lmao. You also said recruiting is getting better better and better and used recruit rankings to back it up. Face it..you believe in them and have used to them to back up your ignorant points . Now your claiming golden only had one month to out together his first class. Lmao.

Lmao at Gooden having to clean house. Yea his own player he recruited. How many guys from the first two classes are no longer on the team? Bottom line is young defenses have performed better, in some cases with less talent , then golden young group. This occurs yearly in cfb not once every 20 years like you think.

Butch Davis brings in 44 players over a 3 year span....beat number 1 ucla or whatever they were

Inherits one of the most experienced and most talented teams in the acc and goes 5-6 against div 1 teams including a loss to a ( at the time) 3-8 handicapped Boston college team. The man is garbage with or without talent.

That is a tough argument to counter.

That is a tough argument to counter.

there is, with one simple phrase, THE CLOUD

Advertisement

YOU STATED that Temple had amassed all of this talent and Golden couldn't win it all. I stated that they had a roster full of nobodies "barely any national recruits". I know all about Miami and how they've recruited and the state of the program. The only thing to go off with Temple was star rankings and they had nothing. They were the worst D1 CFB team in America and were going to drop the program before Golden took over.

Again, you keep forgetting to mention what Golden was handed at Miami? Why is that? You just keep regurgitating the same BS over and over again. Yes, Cancers were shown the door which hurt the depth chart. Yes, Golden put together a recruiting class in a month with no visits pending when he stepped on campus because Radio was incompetent. Yes, Golden was handed an NCAA investigation "thanks Radio" which has been difficult to recruit under. Despite your stupidity these are real issues not excuses. Recruiting is getting better and better and I'm not basing that off of star rankings by recruiting services.

Again, what state were the UF and TCU programs when those young players came into the program. STFU if you're not willing to discuss that because it's pertinent information when talking your BS. Patterson and Meyer actually know how to coach unlike mush mouth Radio Charmin.

You just keep going round and round never discussing anything of substance. But you're a real fan of the Canes, obviously. You talk about Butch but weren't even around when Butch was HC here. Remember the plane flying around the OB calling for his head from stupid ***** like you? Remember the Syracuse slaughter? I'm sure you don't.

I don't give a **** about your young defense BS. Golden is building this program from the ground up the right way and that takes time. If you can't handle the rebuild then haul *** LE nights...

Last edited:

YOU STATED that Temple had amassed all of this talent and Golden couldn't win it all. I stated that they had a roster full of nobodies "barely any national recruits". I know all about Miami and how they've recruited and the state of the program. The only thing to go off with Temple was star rankings and they had nothing. They were the worst D1 CFB team in America and were going to drop the program before Golden took over.

Again, you keep forgetting to mention what Golden was handed at Miami? Why is that? You just keep regurgitating the same BS over and over again. Yes, Cancers were shown the door which hurt the depth chart. Yes, Golden put together a recruiting class in a month with no visits pending when he stepped on campus because Radio was incompetent. Yes, Golden was handed an NCAA investigation "thanks Radio" which has been difficult to recruit under. Despite your stupidity these are real issues not excuses. Recruiting is getting better and better and I'm not basing that off of star rankings by recruiting services.

Again, what state were the UF and TCU programs when those young players came into the program. STFU if you're not willing to discuss that because it's pertinent information when talking your BS. Patterson and Meyer actually know how to coach unlike mush mouth Radio Charmin.

You just keep going round and round never discussing anything of substance. But you're a real fan of the Canes, obviously. You talk about Butch but weren't even around when Butch was HC here. Remember the plane flying around the OB calling for his head from stupid ****s like you? Remember the Syracuse slaughter? I'm sure you don't.

I don't give a **** about your young defense BS. Golden is building this program from the ground up the right way and that takes time. If you can't handle the rebuild then haul *** LE nights...

Butch wasn't the best gameday guy Miami's ever had but he and his staff would coach circles around what we are working with now.

On gameday, on practice day, off-season conditioning, development, recruiting, you name it Butch and his staff were light years ahead of this crew.

And yes I remember the "Fire Butch" banners. I also remember some absolute a$skickings that he handed some top tier programs.

Last edited:

You just keep going round and round never discussing anything of substance. But you're a real fan of the Canes, obviously. You talk about Butch but weren't even around when Butch was HC here. Remember the plane flying around the OB calling for his head from stupid ****s like you? Remember the Syracuse slaughter? I'm sure you don't.

Butch wasn't the best gameday guy Miami's ever had but he and his staff would coach circles around what we are working with now.

Oo gameday, on practice day, off-season conditioning, development, recruiting, you name it Butch and his staff were light years ahead of this crew.

And yes I remember the "Fire Butch" banners. I also remember some absolute a$skickings that he handed some top tier programs.

It's your opinion that Butch and his staff could coach circles around Golden and his staff. I don't agree at all.

I remember the banners and the *** kickings we took while Butch was HC. It wasn't until his 5th year that Miami was firing on all cylinders. But the damage from the fans had been done and he hauled ***. Then the fans were ****ed and had no idea why he would lie to them? Bunch of idiots. It's funny watching history repeat itself.

Golden is building the program back up despite fans like you. You clowns will bash him and his staff in one breath and then wonder why recruits aren't buying in? Insanity...

It's your opinion that Butch and his staff could coach circles around Golden and his staff. I don't agree at all.

I remember the banners and the *** kickings we took while Butch was HC. It wasn't until his 5th year that Miami was firing on all cylinders. But the damage from the fans had been done and he hauled ***. Then the fans were ****ed and had no idea why he would lie to them? Bunch of idiots. It's funny watching history repeat itself.

Golden is building the program back up despite fans like you. You clowns will bash him and his staff in one breath and then wonder why recruits aren't buying in? Insanity...

Butch left because the administration wouldn't put a clause in his contract that he felt he needed.

You lose credibility when you twist the facts of the past to fit your present argument.

The only clowns around here are the ones that think pointing out the realities of the situation is making recruits not come here.

Here is a hint:

It's not the people talking about the problems on this staff that are preventing these recruits from coming here.

IT IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEMS ON THIS STAFF CAUSING THESE RECRUITS TO GO ELSEWHERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back