Golden asked about 3rd and 2

This is good. The heat is continuing to be turned up. I thought they would retain him even if we went 7-5, 6-6 but now I feel differently. I just don't see how he can survive when all the media, all the former players are bashing him at every opportunity. Even our admin can see this.

Maybe there is a tiny chance Golden will just get sick of having to make excuses for his scheme and just quit.

Advertisement
Everything this man says is an excuse. How many other coaches consistently bring up years past and other teams like Golden does. Everything he says he's trying to keep his job

This is good. The heat is continuing to be turned up. I thought they would retain him even if we went 7-5, 6-6 but now I feel differently. I just don't see how he can survive when all the media, all the former players are bashing him at every opportunity. Even our admin can see this.

Maybe there is a tiny chance Golden will just get sick of having to make excuses for his scheme and just quit.

When wives and girlfriends and unathletic newspaper writers all see the same things and start calling you out on it, your time has come.

Everything this man says is an excuse. How many other coaches consistently bring up years past and other teams like Golden does. Everything he says he's trying to keep his job

I'm not sure he wants to save his job. It sure seems like he wants to get bought out to me. He knows that no one is buying his bs excuses any more yet he gives them after every loss, he throws the players under the bus every game, etc.

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m1 minute ago
Golden: "The last three years we've beat that team running the same stuff." Difference: got third down, fourth down stops and takeaways.

Yep, last year we "beat" them with this same stuff, to the tune of 30 points and 340 yards rushing. So, obviously we should use that as a sign it worked, since we won, and not change anything...

Exactly. They gashed us last year for 300+ on the ground. We only won that game bc Thomas was making his first or 2nd start, iirc and was a freshman - he made some mistakes that we capitalized on. But make no mistake, they gashed us.

Get this guy out of my face

If you can get ahead on GT, literally any team can beat them. We got down early last year but once you take that momentum from them they are borderline useless as a football team. The game against GT for any team is wrestling that lead away from them and no team is going to have success against them without causing turnovers. In the past they would usually **** up a toss or have a few fumbles/penalties you can capitalize on.

This year that was probably the cleanest GT offense I've ever seen, but we also were a big part of that. Absolutely no attempt to disrupt or force quick decisions. I can understand a "slight" conservative approach at the beginning because we should be able to handle them physically if we are matched up man for man. It would have worked. But once you see your approach making things way too easy on them, you seriously have to be either the biggest idiot in the college football universe, or the most egotistical.

Either way you got outcoached by Paul ****** Johnson. Awesome.

Advertisement

I'm not sure he wants to save his job. It sure seems like he wants to get bought out to me. He knows that no one is buying his bs excuses any more yet he gives them after every loss, he throws the players under the bus every game, etc.

I just feel we are dismissing the strength of the love connection between him and No D. Im telling if those hackers have any affinity for Miami they should hack that ***** phone. Problem solved

What kills me is he finally saw the light in the duke game, changed the bs scheme and the players responded and the world saw what the D could be. Inexplicably, 1 week later he goes right back to his soft alignment, prevent D and we get crushed. Like he would rather lose than face the f'n facts!!!

His logic is broken. This is where his spin approach ends. Because, privately, you have kids complaining to... friends of the program. It's toxic. Unfortunately, even though this **** was going on last year, it wasn't obvious enough for everyone and didn't have the momentum. So, we've had to endure this season.

Someone just end this cycle. Please.

Which is good because it means that they are this close to quitting on him. That's usually the final straw that seals the fate of a coach.

And when they do quit, I'm going to use every single breath in my body to defend those kids from the ******** that are going to try to bash them for doing so instead of rightfully putting all of the blame on the overpaid sorry *** coaches that let the kids down.

That's where I've been for a year now. Reading my PMs and negs telling me I always "let the player off the hook to blame the coach." I am inclined that way because, if the player is talented, a hard worker and isn't in an optimal position or isn't buying into the general direction, I'm going to blame the dude making 6 or 7 figures.

What I don't understand is the disconnect between player and coach. This isn't a school project or a degree thesis for Coach Golden. If your target audience (the players) aren't buying into some of the metaphors you're tossing at them or the motivational ploys, it DOESN'T ****ING MATTER IF IT MAKES SENSE IN YOUR HEAD OR IN SOME SCIENTIFIC THEORY OR EVEN IN THE NFL. Apply practical tactics to your audience. All you have to do is ask them.

STUBBORNNESS

Advertisement
I think I may actually hate Golden more than the Meyer/Tebow Gators.

BzXHUYqCcAAkNF7.jpg

Manny doing work

Golden is so full of it, no kidding it makes sense that Georgia Tech runs the option you fool.

Advertisement
Golden is really losing it. His pathetic argument is reminescent of the clueless posters during the steady decline under both Coker and Shannon.

People would point out blatant flaws in our coaching and play in games that we still won. And the sheep would blindly defend Coker and Shannon, "But we won the game. That's all that matters."

Naturally, those flaws were further exposed over time, and the wins became losses.

Last edited:
Shannon held that **** to 91 yards rushing. With Jonathon Dwyer in the backfield. And a team that went 11-3 and won the ACC. Somebody needs to say , dude what you're saying is not making any sense. How you stop the option is stopping it in the backfield on 1st down. Thats it. WTF are you allowing them to gain yards willingly?

Advertisement
BzXHUYqCcAAkNF7.jpg

Manny doing work

So your defense relies on turnovers, Al. Good luck buddy.

I'm sick of all this we didn't get off the field on 3rd down, didn't get stops on first down. We ******* know that, the question is why you fat ******* piece of ****. Corbata de Mierda

BzXHUYqCcAAkNF7.jpg

Manny doing work

So your defense relies on turnovers, Al. Good luck buddy.

I'm sick of all this we didn't get off the field on 3rd down, didn't get stops on first down. We ******* know that, the question is why you fat ******* piece of ****. Corbata de Mierda

If you want to cause turnovers, you should be hitting the QB and FB every dam play. Which we didn't.

Yeah we beat the option by hitting the QB every **** play. Weather he pitches it or not. Thats how you force TOs. I cant remembner us playing that thing and not once the ball didnt fall on the ground. Just horrible man

Advertisement
Back