Golden asked about 3rd and 2

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Cam Underwood retweeted
Ale Narciso ‏@Ale_Narciso1 57s58 seconds ago
Golden was asked about the 3rd and 2 screen grab with Denzel Perryman 7 yards off the ball "He's designed to be there"

Susan Miller Degnan ‏@smillerdegnan 1m1 minute ago
Golden said last year UM beat GT running same stuff..

lmaooooooo

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m1 minute ago
Golden: "The last three years we've beat that team running the same stuff." Difference: got third down, fourth down stops and takeaways.

Yep, last year we "beat" them with this same stuff, to the tune of 30 points and 340 yards rushing. So, obviously we should use that as a sign it worked, since we won, and not change anything...

Definitely smart to purposely place your best run defensive player in a position to use his unique skills to make a big hit long after the first down has been achieved.

Get this ************ out of my sight.

exactly you stupid SOB....thats the ******* problem!!!!...******* Golden cannot be this ******* stupid..hard to believe that a person can be that stupid and incompetent...****!!!

Advertisement
****. This guy has driven my hatred for him up to a level that I typically only reserve for child molesters.

Manny is fed up lmao

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 5s5 seconds ago
Asked Golden flatly how #Canes couldn't stop one dimensional offense at Nebraska, Ga. Tech. I'll type up and provide his response shortly

Golden: "The last three years we've beat that team running the same stuff." Difference: got third down, fourth down stops and takeaways.

Yep, last year we "beat" them with this same stuff, to the tune of 30 points and 340 yards rushing. So, obviously we should use that as a sign it worked, since we won, and not change anything...

Wow so Paul Johnson must have adjusted....what a novel concept

Advertisement
His logic is broken. This is where his spin approach ends. Because, privately, you have kids complaining to... friends of the program. It's toxic. Unfortunately, even though this **** was going on last year, it wasn't obvious enough for everyone and didn't have the momentum. So, we've had to endure this season.

Someone just end this cycle. Please.

Advertisement
U know whats great about this **** happening now? We have 8 more weeks of it to go. They are going ham on that fat *****....finally

Exactly. They gashed us last year for 300+ on the ground. We only won that game bc Thomas was making his first or 2nd start, iirc and was a freshman - he made some mistakes that we capitalized on. But make no mistake, they gashed us.

Get this guy out of my face

Advertisement
His logic is broken. This is where his spin approach ends. Because, privately, you have kids complaining to... friends of the program. It's toxic. Unfortunately, even though this **** was going on last year, it wasn't obvious enough for everyone and didn't have the momentum. So, we've had to endure this season.

Which is good because it means that they are this close to quitting on him. That's usually the final straw that seals the fate of a coach.

And when they do quit, I'm going to use every single breath in my body to defend those kids from the ******** that are going to try to bash them for quitting instead of rightfully putting all of the blame on the overpaid sorry *** coaches that let the kids down.

Which is good because it means that they are this close to quitting on him. That's usually the final straw that seals the fate of a coach.

And when they do quit, I'm going to use every single breath in my body to defend those kids from the ******** that are going to try to bash them for doing so instead of rightfully putting all of the blame on the overpaid sorry *** coaches that let the kids down.

That's where I've been for a year now. Reading my PMs and negs telling me I always "let the player off the hook to blame the coach." I am inclined that way because, if the player is talented, a hard worker and isn't in an optimal position or isn't buying into the general direction, I'm going to blame the dude making 6 or 7 figures.

What I don't understand is the disconnect between player and coach. This isn't a school project or a degree thesis for Coach Golden. If your target audience (the players) aren't buying into some of the metaphors you're tossing at them or the motivational ploys, it DOESN'T ******* MATTER IF IT MAKES SENSE IN YOUR HEAD OR IN SOME SCIENTIFIC THEORY OR EVEN IN THE NFL. Apply practical tactics to your audience. All you have to do is ask them.

Advertisement
Back