Golden asked about 3rd and 2

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m1 minute ago
Golden: "The last three years we've beat that team running the same stuff." Difference: got third down, fourth down stops and takeaways.

Yep, last year we "beat" them with this same stuff, to the tune of 30 points and 340 yards rushing. So, obviously we should use that as a sign it worked, since we won, and not change anything...

The worst part is that this piece of **** said the other day how "this is the best our D has played against them in 3 years" lOL

We didn't escape the NCAA sanctions, they went easy on us because they knew we had Golden and Doritos. That's close to the death penalty as you can get. ****, even Penn St hired real coaches under severe sanctions. O'Brien and Franklin are ten times better then this crew

His logic is broken. This is where his spin approach ends. Because, privately, you have kids complaining to... friends of the program. It's toxic. Unfortunately, even though this **** was going on last year, it wasn't obvious enough for everyone and didn't have the momentum. So, we've had to endure this season.

Someone just end this cycle. Please.

Which is good because it means that they are this close to quitting on him. That's usually the final straw that seals the fate of a coach.

And when they do quit, I'm going to use every single breath in my body to defend those kids from the ******** that are going to try to bash them for doing so instead of rightfully putting all of the blame on the overpaid sorry *** coaches that let the kids down.

That's where I've been for a year now. Reading my PMs and negs telling me I always "let the player off the hook to blame the coach." I am inclined that way because, if the player is talented, a hard worker and isn't in an optimal position or isn't buying into the general direction, I'm going to blame the dude making 6 or 7 figures.

What I don't understand is the disconnect between player and coach. This isn't a school project or a degree thesis for Coach Golden. If your target audience (the players) aren't buying into some of the metaphors you're tossing at them or the motivational ploys, it DOESN'T ******* MATTER IF IT MAKES SENSE IN YOUR HEAD OR IN SOME SCIENTIFIC THEORY OR EVEN IN THE NFL. Apply practical tactics to your audience. All you have to do is ask them.

Anyone that blames the players can get ****ed.

His logic is broken. This is where his spin approach ends. Because, privately, you have kids complaining to... friends of the program. It's toxic. Unfortunately, even though this **** was going on last year, it wasn't obvious enough for everyone and didn't have the momentum. So, we've had to endure this season.

I truly hope we don't have to endure more of this **** after this year.

Advertisement
I truly believe Golden's defense relies heavily on creating turnovers in our favor and if we won't, we lose.

Please God Please! Do us all a favor & let us not have to suffer through another year. Idc what it takes, just get him the **** out.

Which is good because it means that they are this close to quitting on him. That's usually the final straw that seals the fate of a coach.

And when they do quit, I'm going to use every single breath in my body to defend those kids from the ******** that are going to try to bash them for doing so instead of rightfully putting all of the blame on the overpaid sorry *** coaches that let the kids down.

That's where I've been for a year now. Reading my PMs and negs telling me I always "let the player off the hook to blame the coach." I am inclined that way because, if the player is talented, a hard worker and isn't in an optimal position or isn't buying into the general direction, I'm going to blame the dude making 6 or 7 figures.

What I don't understand is the disconnect between player and coach. This isn't a school project or a degree thesis for Coach Golden. If your target audience (the players) aren't buying into some of the metaphors you're tossing at them or the motivational ploys, it DOESN'T ****ING MATTER IF IT MAKES SENSE IN YOUR HEAD OR IN SOME SCIENTIFIC THEORY OR EVEN IN THE NFL. Apply practical tactics to your audience. All you have to do is ask them.

Anyone that blames the players can get ****ed.

This. Anybody who blames a player is a disgusting punk who should have nothing to do with UM.

Idk if this was posted yet.

Q: Your struggling puts a microscope on everything. People are posting pictures of the defense off TV. Like a third and two play in both games, Nebraska and Georgia Tech, they'll snap the screen and it'll show Denzel Perryman, for instance, seven yards off the ball on third and one or third and two and the play gets converted and that opens up a snowstorm of criticism. What would be the explanation for things like that which might be contributing to the struggles in getting off the field on third down?

Golden: Denzel's depth is a function of the defense. Depending what we're doing with the defensive tackles his first gap might have to get outside (and he needs room off the line to get there). He's never supposed to be seven yards, we want him at six. We tried to get him to move up during the game. … in terms of the Georgia Tech game, that was designed. He's designed to be there. The tackles and perhaps one of the outside linebackers who was blitzing is responsible for the dive. Many times he's responsible for the dive because many of the times we're asking him to scrape fast because the outside linebacker is coming. What I'm saying is we move them back in certain instances because we're bringing the outside linebacker and his [Perryman's] gap (would be) outside. I don't know which play you're talking about. The last three years we beat that team running the same stuff. We got takeaways, third down stops, got a fourth down stop. And the offense in both years was 50 percent last year, 60 something the year before in Atlanta. That makes it a markedly different game. You have to beat that team as a team. We didn't play well enough on defense, have to get off the field on defense, and the offense and special teams didn't help the defense.

Dumbfounded.gif

Advertisement
Golden is so far in over his head it's amazing.

He's basically explaining what we all know: he coaches scared. So terrified of allowing a big play he concedes small chunks of yards. He'd rather let them bleed the clock and slowly move up and down the field instead of having a defense that tries to make plays and MAYBE, allows a couple big ones.

Softest coach we've ever had.

+1

Advertisement
Back