Goat

Advertisement
So having the best front office in the league with the best head coach of all time doesn’t factor into all of this???

Manning got his *** handed to him once in a SB. The lost to NO in '09 was a close game. The three he lost were Eli Manning twice and Nick Foles.
This is such a one sided discussion that you are making my point for me at this point.

You would truly have to be insane or blindly biased to think there is anything at all to discuss as between Brady and Manning. Brady is headed to his 9th! SB. All those AFC titles and championship games. All the changes around him on those teams. He has been clearly and obviously better than Payton. So clear I’m not see why you’re flailing around here.

So having the best front office in the league with the best head coach of all time doesn’t factor into all of this???
You guys are insane. Everything factors in. Manning threw to two HOF receivers for much of his career in Indy. Eh, factor it in.

When you are done factoring it all in, if it isn’t transparently obvious to you that Brady is the goat, then you did it wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Do they really have the best front office in the league?

The Patriots roster minus Brady is the worst in the Final Four, if not the entire playoffs.

This is such a one sided discussion that you are making my point for me at this point.

You would truly have to be insane or blindly biased to think there is anything at all to discuss as between Brady and Manning. Brady is headed to his 9th! SB. All those AFC titles and championship games. All the changes around him on those teams. He has been clearly and obviously better than Payton. So clear I’m not see why you’re flailing around here.

Or....maybe because Brady has Belichick who probably earns more praise. Peyton Manning has had constant staff and HC turnover, yet his teams regardless of franchise were always contenders and produced results. Brady's a great QB in his own right, but in terms of accolades, it helps that he has Belichick. Now, if you want to make an argument that Brady and Belichick are the greatest QB/Coach combo, you won't hear one argument from me.

Belichick got fired as a NFL coach for anyone that doesn’t know.

Brady is the reason. If Brady retired after this season, NE won’t make the playoffs next season.

Do they really have the best front office in the league?

The Patriots roster minus Brady is the worst in the Final Four, if not the entire playoffs.
That tells you they have great coaching. Is phil jackson a better coach than pop? Is bill russell better than jordan? Is russell wilson better than marino? Is eli better than aaron rodgers?

Advertisement
Please...for everyone that is currently or plans on trying to debate the GOATness of Tom Brady...

giphy.gif

You couldn't be more wrong and if you don't understand that, you need to take a lap and figure this **** out before posting again.

I am not even a Patriots fan...but some things in the world are just self-evident. Concepts like life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and that Tom Brady is the greatest player to ever play the sport of football.

While maybe the latter concept took a while to come to fruition, at this point, it just is.

Please...for everyone that is currently or plans on trying to debate the GOATness of Tom Brady...

giphy.gif

You couldn't be more wrong and if you don't understand that, you need to take a lap and figure this **** out before posting again.

I am not even a Patriots fan...but some things in the world are just self-evident. Concepts like life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and that Tom Brady is the greatest player to ever play the sport of football.

While maybe the latter concept took a while to come to fruition, at this point, it just is.
QFT

I actually spent most of Brady’s career trolling on this topic, claiming Aikman was superior because he was 3-0 in Super Bowls. I was not a Brady fan. But around 2-3 years ago the discussion went from funny because almost plausible he wasn’t the goat to stupid. People who still do not grasp this are sad dolts. It’s like the folks who denied Jordan during his career. not only are the detractors wrong, they diminish their own existences by failing to appreciate greatness in our midst.

Advertisement
What's clown about it? Everyone keeps using this narrative that the Pats are just Brady. Their first Super Bowl of their current dynasty was mostly the defense.

Their first Super Bowl - almost twenty years ago - was about the defense. That's your excuse for him not being the GOAT? The Pats haven't had a Top 10 defense for the last 10 years.

Since then, Brady has put the following stat lines in his Super Bowl wins:

SB 38: 32/48, 354 yard, 3 TDs. MVP.
SB 39: 23/33, 236 yards, 2 TDs.
SB 49: 37/50, 330 yards, 4 TDs. MVP.
SB 51: 43/62, 466 yards, 2 TDs. MVP.

He also put up a 28/48, 505 yard, 3 TD performance in the loss to the Eagles last year.

He's been to more Super Bowls than every single TEAM has in their collective histories.

He's won 3 league MVP awards.

He's a 14-time Pro Bowler.

He's fourth all-time in passing yards (and will be second by next season and possibly first, depending on how long Drew Brees plays).

He's third all-time in TDs, and will jump on that list next season.

The Patriots, as his quarterback, have gone to the LAST EIGHT AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.

I mean, what else does the guy need to do?

You guys are insane. Everything factors in. Manning three to two HOF receivers for much of his career in Indy. Eh, factor it in.

When you are done factoring it all in, if it isn’t transparently obvious to you that Brady is the goat, then you did it wrong.

Indianapolis literally advocated for changing the NFL rules to allow for Peyton Manning to put up better passing numbers, and it still didn't matter. Brady still beat him.

Their first Super Bowl - almost twenty years ago - was about the defense. That's your excuse for him not being the GOAT? The Pats haven't had a Top 10 defense for the last 10 years.

Since then, Brady has put the following stat lines in his Super Bowl wins:

SB 38: 32/48, 354 yard, 3 TDs. MVP.
SB 39: 23/33, 236 yards, 2 TDs.
SB 49: 37/50, 330 yards, 4 TDs. MVP.
SB 51: 43/62, 466 yards, 2 TDs. MVP.

He also put up a 28/48, 505 yard, 3 TD performance in the loss to the Eagles last year.

He's been to more Super Bowls than every single TEAM has in their collective histories.

He's won 3 league MVP awards.

He's a 14-time Pro Bowler.

He's fourth all-time in passing yards (and will be second by next season and possibly first, depending on how long Drew Brees plays).

He's third all-time in TDs, and will jump on that list next season.

The Patriots, as his quarterback, have gone to the LAST EIGHT AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.

I mean, what else does the guy need to do?

So....does Belichick get any credit here? Brady always has pretty good OLs. Noticed Brady didn't get hit once the entire game, with the exception of a BS roughing the passer call (arm swipe over the shoulder into the chest). I never said Brady was a scrub, in fact I think he's a really **** good QB; elite in fact and a mount rushmore QB. I just don't think he's clear and away the GOAT.

If it weren't for that Dee Ford penalty (in which he had no affect on the play), Brady would've essentially lost the game and had a 1:3 TD/INT ratio while throwing for just over 200 yards. But.....Brady got a 2nd chance and capitalized.

You can argue with me until you're blue in the face. I consider the Patriots success more to Belichick than Brady. Put McDaniels as the HC and watch that franchise not get close to the same success.

Advertisement
Manning had two better WR than Brady has EVER had sans Randy Moss for like 2 seasons. Tom has a much better arm. Name all these HOF or even all pro guys Tom has had, Gronk? And then there’s this whole we have the best OL? Do you guys watch the pats games?
It’s rigged? Romo almost choked on Mahomes’s D he was slurping so hard to see them pull that off. Those announcers wanted nothing more than to see the Pats lose. The NFL is much like the all the other fans they are sick of seeing the Pats win. But you can’t deny Tom and Bill are friggin great. End of story.

Ya...I never said Bill and Tom were not great. I never said its rigged either. Maybe you should have read my post before responding. The NFL is not sick of the pats winning the SB. They love having teams with massive fanbases in the SB. Plus all the Pats haters tune in hoping to see the Pats lose.

The pats clearly have had the best OL for the past 15 years. A few years they may not have had the best, but the average OL is better than any other team. The team is always loaded with talent plus they have great defenses.

So.....based on your argument, which quarterback Is better that Brady?
You must be young not to know about Montana or Elway.
And I disagree about your basketball analysis. Because there are only 5 players playing having good players on your team affects the outcome of a team much more than football. The Warriors V's Cleveland last year clearly showed that. As great as Lebron is he could not compete against Golden state.

I saw Elway play in the 90s, but I was still to young to really be able to give them a fair shake.

That is the point with basketball. You have 5 guys playing basically the entire game. Look at the cavs. With Lebron they were making the NC. Without lebron they are literally the last team in the East standings. With Brady the Pats are making the SB. Without Brady they are not going to be the worst team in the east coast.

Like I said I am not an expert on all QBs of all time. So I am not qualified to say who the best QB of all time is. However, my point still stands. Saying "but he gotz 5 rangs" doesn't mean he is the GOAT. So....based on your argument, if Brady happened to land on the browns you wouldn't have him in the GOAT conversation?

So....does Belichick get any credit here? Brady always has pretty good OLs. Noticed Brady didn't get hit once the entire game, with the exception of a BS roughing the passer call (arm swipe over the shoulder into the chest). I never said Brady was a scrub, in fact I think he's a really **** good QB; elite in fact and a mount rushmore QB. I just don't think he's clear and away the GOAT.

If it weren't for that Dee Ford penalty (in which he had no affect on the play), Brady would've essentially lost the game and had a 1:3 TD/INT ratio while throwing for just over 200 yards. But.....Brady got a 2nd chance and capitalized.

You can argue with me until you're blue in the face. I consider the Patriots success more to Belichick than Brady. Put McDaniels as the HC and watch that franchise not get close to the same success.

Who else in the "GOAT" conversation didn't have a great head coach? Montana had Walsh. Manning had Dungy. Brees has had Payton.

Seriously, give me a GOAT alternative. Who else is in any way comparable to Brady? It's not even a conversation.

Advertisement
Back