Goat

You can say the same thing about Brady. His cast has completely changed in 19 years yet he is the constant.

Exactly. And why he is one of the GOATs. There are other QBs as good, but none better. You can argue arm strength, mobility, season passing statistics, and career passing statistics all you want. Brady was the key player to getting the team into position for those five SB championships. And, the key player for the three SB losses.

Manning vs Brady arguments are rather silly. Both are elite, all-time greats, champions, and should appreciated as such.

Advertisement
Montana won 2 Super Bowls WITHOUT Rice. People forget that. Montana won titles with solid, but hardly spectacular guys like Dwight Clark.

People forget that the "QBs are graded mostly on titles" argument is going to be used to justify Eli Manning being in the HOF. Ironically enough, Eli Manning is basically a glorified version of Jim Plunkett, the only difference is that Plunkett wasn't allowed to stink it up for the latter half of his career and rack up garbage numbers. Titles should matter, but it's a team game, and titles can be extremely random. If a team gets hot, they can win, while a team can be the victim of awful timing. Look at the early 90s Bills. They faced 4 **** good teams in the Super Bowl. Compare that to someone like Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer, who faced straight trash in their Super Bowls.

Brad Johnson was the top-rated QBs in the NFC the year TB beat Oakland in the SB. Oakland wasn’t trash. That’s dumb message board chatter. The Raiders had the best offense in the league, and Gannon was MVP. The Bucs (my hometown) just happen to have an all-time great defense and benefited by Gruden knowing the Raiders offensive tendencies, being the Raiders previous HC.

‘Carrie’ Collins, on the other hand...well...enough said.

Brad Johnson was the top-rated QBs in the NFC the year TB beat Oakland in the SB. Oakland wasn’t trash. That’s dumb message board chatter. The Raiders had the best offense in the league, and Gannon was MVP. The Bucs (my hometown) just happen to have an all-time great defense and benefited by Gruden knowing the Raiders offensive tendencies, being the Raiders previous HC.

‘Carrie’ Collins, on the other hand...well...enough said.

When your coach can call every play for your opponent, you are at a significant advantage. Tampa Bay was significantly better than the Raiders, and Gruden knew it. Gannon was MVP, but he was also a guy who had glaring flaws that could be easily exploited by the right kind of defense. Tampa Bay had that kind of D.

By the way, Johnson being the top rated QB in the league that year was an indictment of how one could game the stat, because he wasn't even close to being a difference maker. He managed the game and avoided mistakes. There's nothing wrong with that, but he was eerily similar to Mark Rypien, and I don't see anyone looking at that guy as some kind of savior. You could have replaced Johnson with a variety of guys, and gotten similar results.

I am not saying Peyton is better, but Brady beating Manning with a far superior team does not mean Brady is better than Manning. Otherwise we could say Malik Rosier is better than Logan Woodside.
Manning had two better WR than Brady has EVER had sans Randy Moss for like 2 seasons. Tom has a much better arm. Name all these HOF or even all pro guys Tom has had, Gronk? And then there’s this whole we have the best OL? Do you guys watch the pats games?
It’s rigged? Romo almost choked on Mahomes’s D he was slurping so hard to see them pull that off. Those announcers wanted nothing more than to see the Pats lose. The NFL is much like the all the other fans they are sick of seeing the Pats win. But you can’t deny Tom and Bill are friggin great. End of story.

Advertisement
Edge left the colts in like 05. And brady had elite defenses. Brady was a **** game manager in those early years with the patriots. That dude aint better than peyton.
Lmao have you seen the pats defense in the last 10 years ? Nowhere near elite, sometimes even one of the worst

Advertisement
You can argue. If one guy had better coaching and teams then how can you say he is better? Peyton made eric decker look like a good wr. Dude didn't do shît before or after him and he got paid millions.
Brady making a college QB look like a pro bowler (Edelman)....2008 is the last time Brady had a #1 WR

Key word is Team. Because brady had better coaches and teams dont make him better.
KC has a much better team and was at home....and Brady still won lol. Every expert said chargers had a better team and Brady still won. Pats go cheap every year I don’t get why people think they have these stacked teams

Key word is Team. Because brady had better coaches and teams dont make him better.
KC has a much better team and was at home....and Brady still won lol. Every expert said chargers had a better team and Brady still won. Pats go cheap every year I don’t get why people think they have these stacked teams

Advertisement
11 guys are on the field and he never had belichick

Never seemed to bothers his baby brother who is two 2-0 against Brady in Super Bowls. I hate the Pats and Brady but there is nothing to discuss once he won his fifth Super Bowl. Until then it was between him and Terry with four. Manning isn’t even in the discussion.

Never seemed to bothers his baby brother who is two 2-0 against Brady in Super Bowls. I hate the Pats and Brady but there is nothing to discuss once he won his fifth Super Bowl. Until then it was between him and Terry with four. Manning isn’t even in the discussion.
Peyton is 3-2 vs brady in the playoffs

Kc team is not better. They have better players on offense but have one of the worst defenses in the league.

Advertisement
Im gone leave it at this. When peyton had the neck issue and missed the season the colts ended up being the worst team in the league. Tom brady missed a year with a torn acl and the patriots still won 11 games.

LOL Matt Cassell won 11 games with a roster that won 18 the year before. Pretty big drop off, I’d say

Kc team is not better. They have better players on offense but have one of the worst defenses in the league.
So do the pats buddy lol. Check their stats for the reg season, they’re 20th or worse in everything. KC was def the better team hence Vegas had them as favorites

Peyton is 3-2 vs brady in the playoffs

Neither are Canes so I don’t really give a rats a$$, but does every single little boy dream and work his whole life to be in the playoffs? I love Jim Kelly but 0-4 in Super Bowls. Nobody discusses him as goat and that is the reason. He is the only QBs to get to four Super Bowls in a row and if he had won them all then he would get mentioned. He Is my favorite and really started the whole thing at The U by giving some of his nfl money back to school, but still, he is 0-4 in the big show. I watched the Dolphins run back the opening kickoff of thier first game and hate the Pats with passion but I’d take Brady in a NY minute as my QB.

Advertisement
Back