Go after Kevin Patrick

I've been looking for any article mentioning an extension and I can't find ****. Usually extensions are big news and huge recruiting tools. No mention of him being extended anywhere.
Maybe the you and the writer know more about KP's situation than KP! I gave you the facts yesterday and the situation isn't changing.

Advertisement
Herald article today mentioning bringing in Patrick to coach DL. If Richt and Diaz want him, he's our next DL coach.

Look at what I posted yesterday I think it's pretty cut and dried! T Good followed up on it.

we cant afford it ? damm, looks like we could come up with the money somewhere if we really wanted to, have you heard how strong Richt's interest is if at all, thanks

Advertisement
All the hope, speculation and "insider" knowledge aside, I'm guessing we should know something in the next few weeks before spring practice.

Learned long ago that nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in college football if you're willing to pay the price.

I just hope CMR gets a really good one with lots of upside

All the hope, speculation and "insider" knowledge aside, I'm guessing we should know something in the next few weeks before spring practice.

Learned long ago that nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in college football if you're willing to pay the price.

I just hope CMR gets a really good one with lots of upside

same here Main, imo the front has been our weak point on D since Butch left, or his guys left i guess, wasn't so much the d'line coach back then as it was the players themselves. Thats why i was never that high on RS's DC accomplishments as everyone else was, **** half the D was future all pro's, didn't need a genius to coach that group

we cant afford it ? damm, looks like we could come up with the money somewhere if we really wanted to, have you heard how strong Richt's interest is if at all, thanks

Billion dollar endowment , we can cut the check it will clear no doubt..

GOCANES

I've been looking for any article mentioning an extension and I can't find ****. Usually extensions are big news and huge recruiting tools. No mention of him being extended anywhere.

Agree 100%

But who knows?
  • Maybe all the Secy's and Asst.'s are off this week so it hasn't been posted
  • Maybe the person typing up the announcement and contract is a very very slow typist
  • Maybe Google is slipping as a search engine and just can't find it today
  • Or maybe searching for "Kevin Patrick, North Carolina State University, DL Coach, contract extension" is just TOO specific.
  • Maybe contract extensions DON'T need be announced by state institutions in NC
  • Maybe its a NCState secret
  • Could be lots of things or it could be telling
Well whatever, as I said who knows?, contract extension or not, we'll know soon who will have the job as our DL coach. I'm willing to wait and see

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would love to see KP but I'm feeling like it may be Kareem Brown. Kareem played here and in the NFL also was a assistant d- line coach here. Still young and a high energy type of guy that would be a cheaper fix.

No. Going with the cheaper options is why we experienced the last 15 years of mediocrity

Herald article today mentioning bringing in Patrick to coach DL. If Richt and Diaz want him, he's our next DL coach.

Link?

Would be a lateral move from Kool which is saying a lot. This is a Miami guy.

Advertisement
same here Main, imo the front has been our weak point on D since Butch left, or his guys left i guess, wasn't so much the d'line coach back then as it was the players themselves. Thats why i was never that high on RS's DC accomplishments as everyone else was, **** half the D was future all pro's, didn't need a genius to coach that group

Agree 100%

Great players can make and average coach look very good. Most have the common sense to just get out of their way, hold up that clipboard and just try to look like you know what you're doing

Advertisement
There is no way his buyout if he even has one is too high for Miami to afford. He made 350k last year. Maybe the raise puts him closer to 500k but how high of a buyout would they include on those figures. I'd be surprised it's it's even a mil. Doeren's buyout is only 2.5 mil.

Advertisement
Back