Go after Kevin Patrick

We have zero idea how that contract reads. Assistants almost always have easy outs for promotions or their dream jobs.

You can put anything in a contract including an exit clause if his alma mater comes calling or if we offer a raise or give him some bullshyt title.

If we cannot hire KP away from NC State, we are in sad shape as a program.

Advertisement
Is a buyout even typical for a position coach? Talk about hampering your mobility. HC I get, but a program demanding their assistants sign buyouts is limiting their talent pool to those who don't want upward mobility.

We have zero idea how that contract reads. Assistants almost always have easy outs for promotions or their dream jobs.

You can put anything in a contract including an exit clause if his alma mater comes calling or if we offer a raise or give him some bullshyt title.
We cannot afford to do the deal, period. KP is not coming here.

Advertisement
KP dont need money. he and his wife made good money with a health insurance business. He loves this program.

Advertisement
Sun Sentinel, Miami Harald, Die Hard....all pushing for Partick. RICHT BRING OUR FAVORITE SON BACK HOME!

Advertisement
Can you produce a source? Did you read the extension? How do you know what it says?

I've been looking for any article mentioning an extension and I can't find ****. Usually extensions are big news and huge recruiting tools. No mention of him being extended anywhere.

I agree KP was a beast here, and one of my all-time fav Canes as well.
But would he even be interested in returning home?
Seems like he's got a pretty sweet deal in Raleigh?
Does he have fam here?

Advertisement
I've been looking for any article mentioning an extension and I can't find ****. Usually extensions are big news and huge recruiting tools. No mention of him being extended anywhere.

Doeren's new deal after the Tennessee fiasco gave him the ability to offer assistants 3 year contracts/extensions for the first time. In doing so State upped the buyout (I don't know the exact figure). I'd imagine there will be some type of release once all of the deals are completed, but ink was dry on KP's last week. It would have been a great hire and fit for both sides, but what gets lost on this board is the fact that this is a BUSINESS.

Doeren's new deal after the Tennessee fiasco gave him the ability to offer assistants 3 year contracts/extensions for the first time. In doing so State upped the buyout (I don't know the exact figure). I'd imagine there will be some type of release once all of the deals are completed, but ink was dry on KP's last week. It would have been a great hire and fit for both sides, but what gets lost on this board is the fact that this is a BUSINESS.

I'm assuming that you're stating that he has a buy-out? If so I'd say it was the first time I've ever heard of an assistant having a buy-out, not saying it's not accurate, but I've never heard of one. What assistant would do such a thing?

I'm assuming that you're stating that he has a buy-out? If so I'd say it was the first time I've ever heard of an assistant having a buy-out, not saying it's not accurate, but I've never heard of one. What assistant would do such a thing?

Agree not many or all position coaches have buyouts, a lot of coordinators do. It seems the commitment from State in offering 3 years and upping the salary pool by 750k they included a buyout from the info I received. If this job opened up 2 weeks ago I think KP to Miami would have been much more feasible and likely.

No one. Coveted position coaches have all the bargaining power. Why would they give it away?

Advertisement
Back