Go after Kevin Patrick

Advertisement
More worried about Richt and Diaz wantung him than I am about KP.

KP makes too much sense which makes me skeptical itll hapoen.

Advertisement
I don't think he is coming, big buyout and signed 3 year extension in the last week. Would have been a great hire.

Didn't Kul sign an extension last year and get promoted to assistant HC? If KP had been fully aware that Kul was leaving maybe he wouldn't have signed the extension (especially if Miami is his dream job as Macho said). Situation has changed, so I wouldn't rule KP out completely.

Hellllllll no.

He's terrible. He doesn't coach a lick at USF.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
More worried about Richt and Diaz wantung him than I am about KP.

KP makes too much sense which makes me skeptical itll hapoen.

Diaz ain't calling the shots on this.... if Coach Richt got the fortitude to tell Kul to gtfoh after trying to crawl back again, I know he's going to have some good options available.

If Patrick is the best option and he's interested than I hope we get him, but how do we know he's the best option??

I do remember his time at Miami, great at getting sacks and tfl but there were things that we criticized him for as well like not getting the most out of the talent he coached up. Now was that a product of the overall program he was working under? That looks most likely but he was being criticized as well.

Advertisement
Isn't there a way to get around that, buy it out or something, seems head coaches do it all the time, not that knowledgeable about that myself

The main thing that matters is the actual buyout clause in the contract. A team could theoretically give a position coach a contract for 200k per year with a 20 million buyout (doubtful a coach would sign it though). The buyout clause is the only way that schools can keep other teams from poaching coaches. I am skeptical that a position coach would have a steep buyout, because lots of position coaches want to move up to coordinator and have to strike when the iron is hot if they have a really good year- a big buyout would kill that opportunity. I don't know what KP's buyout is, but I doubt it's a massive poison pill.

Would love to see KP but I'm feeling like it may be Kareem Brown. Kareem played here and in the NFL also was a assistant d- line coach here. Still young and a high energy type of guy that would be a cheaper fix.

Advertisement
I like Patrick because he's a Cane, but Partridge would bring some serious experience in the overall scheming of the Defense from game to game. He can recruit, and he probably have better South Florida contacts than KP. I would go with Partridge first, then KP, but can't go wrong with either one!

In fact, I think we have rushed the things a little bit here on Patrick. It's not even a rumor right now.

While I don't necessarily disagree, the Kul news did just come out this morning. Need to give it some time for things to leak out. I'm sure calls are being made throughout the day today.

Unfortunately KP signed a 3 year extension last week at NC State
We have zero idea how that contract reads. Assistants almost always have easy outs for promotions or their dream jobs.

You can put anything in a contract including an exit clause if his alma mater comes calling or if we offer a raise or give him some bullshyt title.

Advertisement
Back