GIVE US CHASE SMITH AT LB

Advertisement
Great point.

Ive been preaching this for a couple years @waynejr31 . 17 at Mike with Chase and KS would be a good unit and athletic. Steed is a very heady player and isn’t nearly as bad of an athlete as some think. He’s actually pretty good all things considered.
K. Smith needs to move back to safety. He is too small. He gets manhandled by lineman

Advertisement
Yea I get that....doesn't make any sense. After I saw the Pitt QB run by him I would bench him immediately.
The thing is if we can see this you know opposing coaching staff see’s it and you’re 100% right it will cost us at least one more game

To all that may doubt 17’s athleticism, I say go back and look at the games he has played in. Review snap count and look at how many plays he has made versus his snap count. Check the stats and see who leads the team in tackles. He is a high production guy and does things that might not get noticed by the causal football fan but I notice everything he does whether good or bad. I am happy for the wins and hope that they can continue to put it together throughout the season.

Attachments

• FE8FE58D-39B4-43A3-B796-E63FC13BB0A7.jpeg
    FE8FE58D-39B4-43A3-B796-E63FC13BB0A7.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Advertisement
Chase's athleticism is comparable to James Williams (OK maybe a tad less), who has been an absolute game changer since we got him on the field. Chase was an early enrollee so he should know his assignments at least as well as the rest of the players on defense.

There is something bigger at play.

Manny, being so desperate, not starting him, that says something.

Whole heartedly, Chase Smith not seeing the field with the other freshman is disappointing. Whether that be a coaches decision or if it's it's on Chase.

To all that may doubt 17’s athleticism, I say go back and look at the games he has played in. Review snap count and look at how many plays he has made versus his snap count. Check the stats and see who leads the team in tackles. He is a high production guy and does things that might get not get noticed by the causal football fan but I notice everything he does whether good or bad. I am happy for the wins and hope that they can continue to put it together throughout the season.
Your boy has been good man!
If anything I think guys are commenting that he maybe doesn’t move as well as he used to due to the injuries he’s dealt with.
I commend him for sticking with it! Must’ve been hard to fight through all that!

Advertisement
With that being said, what’s going on with GB3. Watching try to tackle yesterday was atrocious.
They just opened a Popeyes near campus so it's over for him. He'll be 240 lbs by the spring.

Advertisement
To all that may doubt 17’s athleticism, I say go back and look at the games he has played in. Review snap count and look at how many plays he has made versus his snap count. Check the stats and see who leads the team in tackles. He is a high production guy and does things that might get not get noticed by the causal football fan but I notice everything he does whether good or bad. I am happy for the wins and hope that they can continue to put it together throughout the season.

Looking better, pops. Looks like he's almost fully back now. I believe he's got another step in him relative to his HS tape. Also, he's going to improve with more reps, as he's struggling with coverage handoffs. Still not quite as instinctual as I know he could be. But when your boy and Keontra are out there, we are a better team.

Chase Smith was dressed at Pitt but he wasn't on the kickoff team. Did he play?

That play he made on special teams was a thing of beauty. Dude looked like he was gliding across the field. Attacks forward. One of issues I see on defense, we let ball carriers get to us, little attacking from lb group. He needs to play.

Advertisement
Back