GIVE US CHASE SMITH AT LB

Advertisement
I just read that he hasn’t practiced at Will or Mike the entire year! Just striker
Yeah read that too. Hard to fathom but if Gil and Carter are gone, it is legit just him at striker. No one else I can think of. Maybe Key Wash. rotates over for depth but they have no one else. I know a lot of people say JWill, but he wants to play Safety and has been doing good, take that from him and maybe he pulls a stevenson and goes some where he can play a true safety. Also him Kam and Tae are a solid 3 rotation for depth. LB is just a mess. Portal bound for sure.

Flagg trips up his opponents with his anticipation and constipated running style.
I just dont get how people didnt see he was slow, like it didnt take a rocket scienctist to see it on film. That thread will always now lead me to believe those who said he was smart..... and that would make him play good need to stfu and never speak again.

Advertisement
I just dont get how people didnt see he was slow, like it didnt take a rocket scienctist to see it on film. That thread will always now lead me to believe those who said he was smart..... and that would make him play good need to stfu and never speak again.
Well, on their 29 yard touchdown run he literally had no clue where the ball was. Steed was see ball and run to ball. He took him himself completely out of the play because, go figure, they ran counter. By the time Flagg figured out it was a counter it was too late. He literally was flat footed.

I hate to trash our players, but we are what we are. I cannot believe Chase Smith, TAC or Troutman are not better athletically. Yes, we know they are. I'll take the mistakes in the learning process because at least they will flash and improve week over week.

NO!

YOU WILL GET RAGONE & YOU WILL LIKE IT DAMNIT!
youre right GIF

Well, on their 29 yard touchdown run he literally had no clue where the ball was. Steed was see ball and run to ball. He took him himself completely out of the play because, go figure, they ran counter. By the time Flagg figured out it was a counter it was too late. He literally was flat footed.

I hate to trash our players, but we are what we are. I cannot believe Chase Smith, TAC or Troutman are not better athletically. Yes, we know they are. I'll take the mistakes in the learning process because at least they will flash and improve week over week.
Troutman I don't think has the speed he's similar to Flagg IMO. Maybe he isn't who knows cause they don't play them but I don't trust MD linebacker evals. Chase has to be the best of the bunch in terms of HS film.

Advertisement
Troutman I don't think has the speed he's similar to Flagg IMO. Maybe he isn't who knows cause they don't play them but I don't trust MD linebacker evals. Chase has to be the best of the bunch in terms of HS film.
All I know is Troutman, Johnson and Austin-Cave played special teams on Saturday. Who knows? As of right now, what we are trotting out arguably the worst group of linebackers is in the P5. Could it be conceivably worse?

I dead *** remember someone on this board saying he’s the smartest football player he’s ever seen 🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
Yeah read that too. Hard to fathom but if Gil and Carter are gone, it is legit just him at striker. No one else I can think of. Maybe Key Wash. rotates over for depth but they have no one else. I know a lot of people say JWill, but he wants to play Safety and has been doing good, take that from him and maybe he pulls a stevenson and goes some where he can play a true safety. Also him Kam and Tae are a solid 3 rotation for depth. LB is just a mess. Portal bound for sure.
I would swap the smiths. Move keontra back to striker and put chase at LB. Chase looks like a LB. They are going after clemson transfer safety and he would probably play striker

I would swap the smiths. Move keontra back to striker and put chase at LB. Chase looks like a LB. They are going after clemson transfer safety and he would probably play striker
So your want to move our best linebacker, where we have the worst depth, to a different position?

Advertisement
NO!

YOU WILL GET RAGONE & YOU WILL LIKE IT DAMNIT!
At least Jennings is finally not taking snaps. It’s joke not playing tac or huff over ragone even if he “knows the playbook” better. You don’t learn how to drive without practice, have to get them young LB’ers reps.

That is an interesting take. I guess it depends on how Chase handles the move or if he wants to move. Keontra basically played LB in HS. Chase was a WR and Safety. I wonder how physical he would be taking on OL

Advertisement
Back